New lineup of Barclays Wyndham cards

Old Sep 28, 20, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HA PL, Hilton 💎, Marriott Ti, Wyndham/Caesars 💎, Hertz PC
New lineup of Barclays Wyndham cards

I didn't see this anywhere here or in the Wyndham sub. Apologies for TPG, I know that triggers some of you:

Wyndham Rewards Earner Card

Sign-up bonus: 30,000 points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days.

Earning structure: 5x on Hotels by Wyndham purchases and gas purchases, 2x on restaurants and grocery (excluding Target and Walmart), 2x on eligible purchases made at Wyndham Timeshare properties (including maintenance fees and loan payments), 1x on all other purchases

Annual fee: $0

Other benefits: Gold status in Wyndham Rewards, 7,500 bonus points after $15,000 in annual spend, 10% discount on the number of points redeemed for free nights

Wyndham Rewards Earner Plus Card

Sign-up bonus: 45,000 points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days.
Earning structure: 6x on Hotels by Wyndham purchases and gas purchases, 4x on restaurants and grocery (excluding Target and Walmart), 4x on Wyndham Timeshare properties (including maintenance fees and loan payments), 1x on all other purchases

Annual fee: $75 (not waived first year)

Other benefits: Platinum status in Wyndham Rewards, 7,500 bonus points each anniversary year (no spending requirement) and 10% discount on the number of points redeemed for free nights

Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Card

Sign-up bonus: 45,000 points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days.

Earning structure: 8x on Hotels by Wyndham purchases and gas purchases, 5x points on marketing, advertising and utilities, 1x on all other purchases

Annual Fee: $95 (not waived first year)

Other benefits: Top-tier Diamond status in Wyndham Rewards, 15,000 anniversary points (no spending requirement), 10% discount on the number of points redeemed for free nights, cell phone insurance when using the card to pay your wireless bill ($50 deductible, $600 in coverage per event)
https://thepointsguy.com/news/new-wyndham-barclays-c/

These look like really good sock-drawer cards even if you don't regularly stay at Wyndham properties, in particular the earner+ and business version, and they're not terrible gas cards either. Plus they're all 0% foreign transaction fee so they're a decent backup for overseas if you're primarily Amex. With the anniversary points you can basically cover the annual fee if you go for an above-average redemption, especially the business version which only costs $20 more than the earner+ but yields twice as many anniversary points. It's also interesting that the business version has notably more lucrative perks and bonus spend than the higher-tier personal card yet they all have low MSR for the SUB. Also if I'm not mistaken you can still match from Wyndham to Caesars which means the business version which awards Wyndham Diamond can get you Caesars Diamond (no resort fees, discounted stays, etc.).

The only downside obviously is that it's Barclays.
Old Sep 29, 20, 12:00 am

We go to Vegas often so the Business Earner seems like a good card for us. We are already Diamond at Wyndham and CET via a match from IHG years back and the staggered expiration dates at CET and WYn make it easy to make back and forth to remain Diamond in both programs..........we have done it for years.

Does Barclay report Business cards so that Chase will count them towards 5/24 ?

Does Barclay approve sole proprietor startups and if so is there a thread with that info ?

Thanks
Old Sep 29, 20, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyer4512 View Post
We go to Vegas often so the Business Earner seems like a good card for us. We are already Diamond at Wyndham and CET via a match from IHG years back and the staggered expiration dates at CET and WYn make it easy to make back and forth to remain Diamond in both programs..........we have done it for years.

Does Barclay report Business cards so that Chase will count them towards 5/24 ?
https://millionmilesecrets.com/guides/chase-5-24-rule

Does Barclay approve sole proprietor startups and if so is there a thread with that info ?

Thanks
That I'm not sure of, I'm not terribly familiar with Barclays though I think they have a reputation for being relatively stingy. Cycling status between Wyndham and Caesars is a nice trick but the main avenue for most people (status matching to Wyndham from another hotel program) is no longer available so this is a nice alternative. The $100 annual dinner credit alone covers the AF on the business card, and that's before the anniversary points. I almost wonder if Wyndham discontinuing their generous status match program earlier this year was related to this new slate of cards. As far as I know the cheapest way to get a gauranteed match to Caesars Diamond via Wyndham was to match Hilton Gold, which you can buy with the $95 Amex Surpass card, the same price as this Wyndham business card. You can also transfer Caesars reward credit to Wyndham and vice-versa @ 1:1, which makes Wyndham points among the most valuable and flexible among hotel programs when it comes to cashing out. And with discounted nights starting at just 1500 points, you can potentially score a free night just from earning free reward credits via activity on the Caesars app (like when they offer bonuses for contest entries).
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 20, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by ajf87 View Post
The $100 annual dinner credit alone covers the AF on the business card, and that's before the anniversary points.
What dinner credit? I see nothing above about such.

Can I assume card-earned points are on top of the base 10x + status bonus earned by your stay?

Does Wyndham actually enforce late checkout on its hotel managers/franchisees? That's the only status perk I really care about, and it's always a fight to get it when I stay in a hotel.
Old Sep 29, 20, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by randian View Post
What dinner credit? I see nothing above about such.
I was referring to Caesars Diamond, which you can match to from holding the business card.
Old Sep 29, 20, 11:55 am

https://millionmilesecrets.com/guides/chase-5-24-rule

That I'm not sure of, I'm not terribly familiar with Barclays though I think they have a reputation for being relatively stingy. Cycling status between Wyndham and Caesars is a nice trick but the main avenue for most people (status matching to Wyndham from another hotel program) is no longer available so this is a nice alternative. The $100 annual dinner credit alone covers the AF on the business card, and that's before the anniversary points. I almost wonder if Wyndham discontinuing their generous status match program earlier this year was related to this new slate of cards. As far as I know the cheapest way to get a gauranteed match to Caesars Diamond via Wyndham was to match Hilton Gold, which you can buy with the $95 Amex Surpass card, the same price as this Wyndham business card. You can also transfer Caesars reward credit to Wyndham and vice-versa @ 1:1, which makes Wyndham points among the most valuable and flexible among hotel programs when it comes to cashing out. And with discounted nights starting at just 1500 points, you can potentially score a free night just from earning free reward credits via activity on the Caesars app (like when they offer bonuses for contest entries).

We go to Vegas often or did before Covid, next trip is January for NFL playoffs. CET Diamond is great, I transfer 30K Wyndham to CET a year as does my wife so $600 in credit @ CET plus show tickets and we normally don't pay a dime for rooms with the waived resort fees

Another nice trick is you can pay 1000 RC's ( 1000 Wyndham points) for Diamond Lounge Access

We have the old IHG cards which have $49 AF and a free night so we used IHG Plat to get Wyndham Diamond and CET Diamond and have had both for years due to the staggered expiration dates. I hope now that CET sold to Eldorado Resorts the Wyndham partnership remains as do the staggered expiration dates.
Old Sep 29, 20, 6:10 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, AA, WN, BA, AS, TK, Radisson, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham
I didn't see this anywhere here or in the Wyndham sub. Apologies for TPG, I know that triggers some of you:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/new-wyndham-barclays-c/

These look like really good sock-drawer cards even if you don't regularly stay at Wyndham properties, in particular the earner+ and business version, and they're not terrible gas cards either. Plus they're all 0% foreign transaction fee so they're a decent backup for overseas if you're primarily Amex. With the anniversary points you can basically cover the annual fee if you go for an above-average redemption, especially the business version which only costs $20 more than the earner+ but yields twice as many anniversary points. It's also interesting that the business version has notably more lucrative perks and bonus spend than the higher-tier personal card yet they all have low MSR for the SUB. Also if I'm not mistaken you can still match from Wyndham to Caesars which means the business version which awards Wyndham Diamond can get you Caesars Diamond (no resort fees, discounted stays, etc.).

The only downside obviously is that it's Barclays.

Business card is definitely a keeper and a great gas card, will get 2.

Old Sep 29, 20, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IThe only downside obviously is that it's Barclays.
That's not the only downside.

The other downside is Wyndham horrible "hard" expiration policy at 4 years. The only way around that is to transfer 30k per year to Caeser's Total Rewards and back, but you can't save more than 120k over 4 years that way.

So if you accumulate too many points and then can't redeem them in time, then what was the point in accumulating them?

And the trouble is, many Wyndham Rewards properties aren't worth redeeming at, plus (especially now) many Wyndham Rewards properties are so doggone cheap on money that it makes no sense to redeem at them (it only makes sense to earn at them). Plus there are some Wyndham Rewards properties which don't allow booking with points, but you don't realize that until you go to book.

I already have more than 120k, so for me it might be a waste to apply for one of these cards, since I'm not sure when I'm going to be somewhere where doing a Wyndham Rewards redemption makes sense.
Old Oct 2, 20, 7:50 pm

DP My wife is still LOL/24 ( from the AA cards) and heading towards what will now be 1/24 in January 2022.

She has the Wyndham card with the 15K annual points bonus open and was approved today for the 30K NAF earner card.

App went pending for 2 days and she does have $50 per month revolving charge on her old Wyndham card so it gets a bit of use every month.

Credit limit on the earner card is $1000 but we can make it work for the $1000 spend.
Old Oct 27, 20, 2:58 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, AA, WN, BA, AS, TK, Radisson, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham
I applied and was declined, because of LOL/24, but my wife was approved for Earner Business card with $5k limit.
I found that the site which manages this card is different from Barclays regular site. It's really weird site called Index Redirect and it doesn't appear in Mint.com, so I can't add this card to there.
Is Barclays business site different from personal? Never had a business card from Barclays before.
Old Oct 27, 20, 5:02 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by yugi View Post
Is Barclays business site different from personal?.....
Looks the same as Barclays Aviator Business, and once logged in Aviator Business was nearly identical to the site that (until very recently) BMO Harris Bank used for Diners Club. I conjecture that this is an outsourced hosting site that any bank could use.
Old Oct 31, 20, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

I applied back on 10/2, they said I would get a decision in writing in 7-10 days. I received a letter from Barclays asking for more information and copies of my driver's license and Social Security card by 11/2. I just got a replacement card and was going to call them Monday to see about faxing my documentation over when I got an email yesterday congratulating me on my new Wyndham Rewards Earner Business card....

I'll take it. Excited for my forever Caesars Diamond card and free money. Curious how they decide what constitutes utilities. I'll have no problem cashing out each year for a profit with Caesars and I might make this my cell phone card if the Amex Platinum discontinues their credits, especially if my wireless counts as a utility.

For reference I'm in the 740s w/ FICO and am LOL/24. This is my first business card and first Barclays card since an ill-fated run with their Barnes and Noble card more than 10 years ago when I was dumb and poor. It's also going to be a business card and not a "business" card.
Old Nov 17, 20, 3:22 pm

Did somebody got a statement yet? The points balance I received on the card is completely off. Spent $421 total, $86 on gas, $113 on utilities and $222 on advertisement, got only 801 points instead of 2363.
Old Nov 18, 20, 8:08 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Don't worry, Barclays will pull them from the lineup within a year or two.
Old Nov 23, 20, 1:59 pm

Programs: SW, AA, AS, UA
Originally Posted by yugi View Post
Did somebody got a statement yet? The points balance I received on the card is completely off. Spent $421 total, $86 on gas, $113 on utilities and $222 on advertisement, got only 801 points instead of 2363.
Similar issue here with earning rate on gas and utilities with the Business earner card. I don't recall the specifics, but it's not showing any bonus points on either gas or utilities spend. I know someone with the same card that shows the linked Wyndham Rewards Account as Blue status instead of Diamond Status. I'm hoping these are just early roll out glitches that work themselves out quickly.

Search this Thread