Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Which of my 3 BofA cards are tied to the BankAmeriDeals®? AS Biz cards work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which of my 3 BofA cards are tied to the BankAmeriDeals®? AS Biz cards work?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Question Which of my 3 BofA cards are tied to the BankAmeriDeals®? AS Biz cards work?

I have 1 personal AS and 2 biz AS cards under one login. I have just activated some deals on the right hand side, including a $75 cash back on 2 x $15 AT&T spend. However, I can't figure out which of my 3 cards are eligible. When I clicked each card number, I see that the offer is activated even though I have only activated the offer once.

Does that mean I can get $75 cash back from AT&T from each of my 3 cards or just 1 card?

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I (being in the USA where BofA is) would just call them up voice and ask if I had similar confusion about my own account. But I don't know if that's practical for you or not, if you're in Indonesia.

My best guess is that if the offer says it can only be used once, it can only be used once. But even in that case, you'd want to know if it's whichever card you do such purchases on first, or if has to be a specific card.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:08 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch

Well, I (being in the USA where BofA is) would just call them up voice and ask if I had similar confusion about my own account. But I don't know if that's practical for you or not, if you're in Indonesia.
OK, it was United Airlines I called from Indonesia, and Skype worked just fine. No charge for a call to 800 number, just have to account for time difference.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EmailKid
OK, it was United Airlines I called from Indonesia, and Skype worked just fine. No charge for a call to 800 number, just have to account for time difference.
Anyone using Skype for calling the USA from overseas might want to also install Google Hangout as a backup, in case you need to call American Airlines (or someone else with the same issue as AA):
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:25 pm

You only get the offer once per SSN but can trigger it by spending on any eligible card you have.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info!
I just rang them and they said I can use any of the 3 cards.

Looks like the impractical part is actually ordering the AT&T items. AT&T website wouldn't let me check out on a foreign IP, so I have to call 1-888-333-6651 to order the items.

At first I thought my expiration date is Nov 18, 2017 until I saw this "Offer expires 11/18/2017. Must make two separate transactions with AT&T on wireless products or services of at least $15.00 on the card associated with this offer by 1/2/2018. Your $75 cash back is earned within 30 days after making your second transaction."

Does the above mean I must sign up by 11/18/2017 but actually have time until 1/2/2018 to make the purchases to qualify for $75 cash back?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Question Do Alaska BofA Business cards qualify for BankAmeriDeals?

I just got off the phone with a BofA business card rep who claimed that Alaska BofA business cards do not qualify for BankofAmeriDeals. Is this true?

Also, does one need a checking account tied to the account in order to get the cash back? How are the BankAmeriDeals cash back credited?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hightide
I just got off the phone with a BofA business card rep who claimed that Alaska BofA business cards do not qualify for BankofAmeriDeals. Is this true?

Also, does one need a checking account tied to the account in order to get the cash back? How are the BankAmeriDeals cash back credited?
No, you do not need a checking aco.... to get the per-marchant discount (as cash back) deals. I've done 10% off at this or that merchant, and the credit appeared on my card (that I made the purchase with) a while later. I've never had a BofA checking account.

But I don't know if there are other kinds of cash-back deals other the per-merchant discount. That's the only kind I've used.

And at present, I see no BankAmeriDeals in my account at all. But they say it's not visiible for new accounts, and while one of my accounts (no AF generic) is years old, I just converted it to a 1/2/3 card (keeping the same account number, etc) last month, so that may be what they're referring to, I don't know.

As to the business cards question, go to the BankAmeriDeals page and go to the FAQ, and there's several FAQs about that, which say that business cards do qualify but some partner cards don't qualify. So could it be that Alaska business cards don't qualify, even though some other business cards do? (Plus it says only the owner, not employee if there are any, can sign up for the deals.)

I only have a generic (very recently-converted to 1/2/3) card plus an Alaska Business card open at this moment, so I can't come to any conclusions based on my account at this time.

Last edited by EmailKid; Nov 14, 2017 at 11:43 am Reason: Took out snarky comment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.