Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by lw7878
Great!! Other than calling 1-855-284-9166, has anyone tried sending a secure message for matching a higher sign up bonus? Any successful story? Thanks.
They'll match if you opened it within 30 days of the higher bonus.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:40 pm

I applied for this card yesterday and got a pending message. Should I call recon or wait it out? Thanks.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by asdfghjk
I applied for this card yesterday and got a pending message. Should I call recon or wait it out? Thanks.
I didn't call and was approved about a week later.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:04 am

I didn't call and was approved about a week later.
Thanks. I will wait it out then.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by MoonOverMiami
They'll match if you opened it within 30 days of the higher bonus.
Thanks for the comforting thought!

I sent a SM on 8/21 but still no response. I started to wonder if Barclays will reply at all.
A family member called in for the match and was told no specific time frame could be given for their response. Can anyone share your experience re: when and where to check? Thanks.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:42 am

Just picked up the personal version of this last week; it's my only Barclay's account. Previously had the U.S. Airways card but closed years ago. Thinking about going for the biz version as well--any conventional wisdom on wait time between personal/biz apps?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:55 pm

Just got the card this week with 50k bonus. Called today and CSR said she needed to fill out a form to put in for the extra 10k. The only way I'll know they matched it is to check my account.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA EX Plat. Hyatt Glob
Thanks for the comforting thought!

I sent a SM on 8/21 but still no response. I started to wonder if Barclays will reply at all.
A family member called in for the match and was told no specific time frame could be given for their response. Can anyone share your experience re: when and where to check? Thanks.
I sent a SM and they told me I need to call in to get the match.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: AA EX Plat. Hyatt Glob
Just to Follow Up. I called 1-855-284-9166, pressed 0 for operator, then 3 for other services. I talked with someone, they said they would submit a request for the extra 10,000 miles. And I should see it on my next statement, which is in about a week.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:29 pm
CDO
Suspended

Originally Posted by toocool17
Just to Follow Up. I called 1-855-284-9166, pressed 0 for operator, then 3 for other services. I talked with someone, they said they would submit a request for the extra 10,000 miles. And I should see it on my next statement, which is in about a week.
I sent two SM's after the first one on 8/21 I got a reply saying "we responded" via email. Upon logging in I go to my messages and there is no messages in my inbox so I send a second SM. Again I get an email saying "we responded" but there are no messages in my inbox. So I call and she said she'll submit a request for me. Face palm.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by toocool17
Thanks. I just called. The rep said "I will submit a request to determine if you are eligible. If approved, you will see the extra miles in one to two billing cycles." I guess we just have to be patient and wait.
Originally Posted by CDO
I sent two SM's after the first one on 8/21 I got a reply saying "we responded" via email. Upon logging in I go to my messages and there is no messages in my inbox so I send a second SM. Again I get an email saying "we responded" but there are no messages in my inbox. So I call and she said she'll submit a request for me. Face palm.
Since you have already called, this is just a FYI. Once logged in, click Service on the left navigation. Then, click "All Service Requests" under Communication. You should see the original SM you sent. If they responded, the status should change from Pending to Complete. I didn't get any email when they replied to my SM. Like what you found out, SM doesn't do any good and you have to call for the match.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:58 am
CDO
Suspended

Since you have already called, this is just a FYI. Once logged in, click Service on the left navigation. Then, click "All Service Requests" under Communication. You should see the original SM you sent. If they responded, the status should change from Pending to Complete. I didn't get any email when they replied to my SM. Like what you found out, SM doesn't do any good and you have to call for the match.
Thanks for that and mystery now solved! Wow this interface is not user friendly in the least. Why have a "view message" link if your not going to use it to communicate with your custy? As you said their replies were there and was told to call which I have done already, anyways thanks again.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by CDO
Thanks for that and mystery now solved! Wow this interface is not user friendly in the least. Why have a "view message" link if your not going to use it to communicate with your custy? As you said their replies were there and was told to call which I have done already, anyways thanks again.
You're welcome. Could you let us know once the additional miles are posted? Thanks.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:50 pm
CDO
Suspended

You're welcome. Could you let us know once the additional miles are posted? Thanks.
I can update the thread if they eventually show up.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: UA 1k
In the same boat -- called in and asked for 10k extra miles. Is there any documentation about the thing that they'll match if the application was within 30 days of the higher bonus? I think I might be at 33 days before the higher bonus.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.