Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:07 pm

If I apply for the personal and business barclays AA card on the same day will it be only 1 hard pull?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 4:44 pm

Also, what is the reason that people on the CIIT forum do not seem to talk about this card? Is it because you have to pay the AF to get the miles as opposed to the minimum spend on the CIIT and then can cancel before the fee? Am I correct in understanding that as long as I am willing to pay the fee - trying to get AA miles fast - then no reason I can't get a personal and business Barclays and Citi (and then start doing mailers on the citi)?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by geoff325
Also, what is the reason that people on the CIIT forum do not seem to talk about this card? Is it because you have to pay the AF to get the miles as opposed to the minimum spend on the CIIT and then can cancel before the fee? Am I correct in understanding that as long as I am willing to pay the fee - trying to get AA miles fast - then no reason I can't get a personal and business Barclays and Citi (and then start doing mailers on the citi)?
Because that is the Citi card and this is Barclays. There is no thread that talks about the two combined because each bank has it's own rules. And, yes, you can get both...many of us have.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: Former UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Richard Berg
DP: applied 9/4, went pending. 9/15 a card mysteriously appears in the mail. Yay.

Website is super crappy. Had to call in to see how to setup autopay; they instructed me to send bank instructions via SM. At least that went thru on the first try (no back & forth needed).
I searched for a method to set up an autopay for half an hour. I tried on my phone and my laptop. I just could not believe that there was no way to set up autopay.

I just have to send a SM with my banking info. That is very strange but should not be difficult, i think. I found where I could read SM. I have not figured out how to send a SM! Any clues?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Explore SE Asia
I searched for a method to set up an autopay for half an hour. I tried on my phone and my laptop. I just could not believe that there was no way to set up autopay.

I just have to send a SM with my banking info. That is very strange but should not be difficult, i think. I found where I could read SM. I have not figured out how to send a SM! Any clues?
Left side of the page after you log in, the icon that looks like a small house with pillars (hover over it and it says "services"). Click on that.

Next page, top right of the page is a blue box with a gray button that says "send message".
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Surprised to read this - "super crappy" compared to what? Logging in via the business card web portal and it seems pretty simple, easy to navigate. Menu on the left, balance/payment at the top right corner.

When I log on using the business card web portal, there's a big blue box on the right with a button that says "make payment". Click on that and you enter account number, routing number, etc. (It's not how I make payments to credit card companies but it wasn't difficult to find, IMO.)
The website is okay, but my overall experience has been super crappy. Tried to set up autopay on the portal, but that can't be done. I find out eventually on FT that you need to call them, so I do. The rep tells me he can't do that and I need to send an SM with my bank info. I send my SM and two days later, they respond saying they can't handle my request and I need to call in instead! I write back complaining that the experience has been terrible so far and they don't really read what you write, because I get the same copy/paste answer that I need to call in...
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:05 pm

Anyone has received the extra 10,000 miles after you called Barclays to match the latest 60,000 miles promotion? I called to request for match several weeks ago. The rep said he would submit the request for approval and it could take 1-2 statement cycles. I have received the sign up bonus 50,000 miles but not the additional 10k. Any data points?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by lw7878
Anyone has received the extra 10,000 miles after you called Barclays to match the latest 60,000 miles promotion? I called to request for match several weeks ago. The rep said he would submit the request for approval and it could take 1-2 statement cycles. I have received the sign up bonus 50,000 miles but not the additional 10k. Any data points?
Same story here and no miles yet but second statement cycle didn't close yet.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by Richard Berg
Website is super crappy. Had to call in to see how to setup autopay; they instructed me to send bank instructions via SM. At least that went thru on the first try (no back & forth needed).
I thought the website is crappy - but I had to select "company account" not my default credit card account upon login (by clicking one of the buttons on the top). Otherwise, statement isn't correct, annual fee won't show up, payment won't go through. I realized this after setting up a payment via phone.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 6:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
My wife got rejected - very strange, as this is her first time applying for this card.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 7:09 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by oneworld82
My wife got rejected .....
Reason(s)?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by lw7878
Just noticed an extra 20k (totaling 70k) when I logged on today with a posted date of 10/5 (Friday).
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Just noticed an extra 20k (totaling 70k) when I logged on today with a posted date of 10/5 (Friday).
I also received the adjusted bonus (10k) on the 2nd statement close date. Not sure how you received 20k but glad you did.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Data Point and Question...
Both myself and wife were denied middle of August. Legit business with good income and neither of us had ever had the card. Reason for denial...They have already extended us enough credit. We each have the personal Aaviator version w/$20K line of credit. No other Barclays cards. Rep would not reduce the line on the personal cards to allow for the new business card. We called back later and reduced our lines to $5K. Safe to apply again now?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:00 am

Any DPs on proper timing to PC/cancel this card to reapply?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.