Old Apr 20, 2018, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Print Wikipost

BofA Premium Rewards card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2020, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by abk
When this was announced I charged enough to use the credit at Trader Joes and have been watching to see if a credit posted. Friday I got a popup when I logged into BofA telling me about it and also charged over $50 at the liquor store. Today even while the charge was pending I got the $50. Not sure if it was looking back to Trader Joes or not.
I'd be shocked if it was credited as a result of a charge that hasn't even posted.

BTW it just popped up for me as well. Here is the fine print

Premium Rewards Statement Credit Offer with Grocery Store / Dining (Takeout) Purchase(s). You will qualify for a statement credit for the amount you spend (up to $50) on any combination of purchase transactions at eligible grocery store and dining merchants through 12/31/2020. Eligible purchase transactions include those made in the following merchant category codes (MCC): Grocery Stores/Supermarkets (MCC 5411), Freezer/Meat Lockers (MCC 5422), Candy/Nut/Confection Stores (MCC 5441), Dairy Product Stores (MCC 5451), Bakeries (MCC 5462), Misc. Food Stores (MCC 5499), Eating Places and Restaurants (MCC 5812), Drinking Places (Alcoholic Beverages), Bars, Taverns, Cocktail lounges, Nightclubs and Discotheques (MCC 5813), and Fast Food Restaurants (MCC 5814). Excluded from this offer are wholesale clubs, superstores and smaller stores (like drug stores and convenience stores) that sell groceries and other products. We do not determine which MCC a merchant is assigned. Purchases made at a merchant that does not process transactions under these MCC or purchases processed through a third-party payment account, mobile/wireless card reader, digital wallet not supported by Bank of America or similar technology where the technology does not support transmission of these MCC will not qualify. Limit one (1) statement credit per account. You will receive a $50 statement credit within 14 weeks of making $50 in combined qualifying purchases. If your combined purchases are less than $50, the corresponding credit will be posted within 14 weeks after the promotional period ends. Your account must be open with active charging privileges in order to receive this offer. If your account is converted from Premium Rewards to a different rewards program or to a card without a rewards program during the promotion, the offer is no longer valid. The statement credit will generally be applied to your existing balance with the highest APR before being applied to any balances with lower APRs. Receipt of a statement credit does not affect your responsibility to pay your Minimum Payment Due shown on each statement you receive from us. The value of this reward may constitute taxable income to you. You may be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) that reflects the value of such reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither we, nor our affiliates, provide tax advice.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 10:22 am

Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Dovster
I also received my credit yesterday (and did not get an email). A new pop up appeared when I opened the website today, again offering the credit, but I very much doubt that this is an additional one.
The same thing happened to me. Received the credit and then saw the popup today. Also just was offered double cash back on the cash back card if I use it at discount/electronic stores.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 10:46 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by aGeist
Can someone post the benefits guide? i can't find this anywhere it seems they purposely don't put it online.

the one time i tried to file a claim on ebenefitsonline there wasn't even an option for travel delay insurance and they never even bothered to respond to my claim. honestly, a joke.
Originally Posted by trikotret
It's under premium rewards benifts
This never really got answered. I'm considering the card but want to see the real details under the travel benefits. Things like "covered reason", what countries are excluded from the car rental insurance, and other fine print. Only high level info is online. I tried to call the benefits number twice. Each time I am told "you need to talk to benefits", then get transferred, then get an automated voice saying I cannot be transferred. It really does seem like they are hiding something.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 11:14 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by Stripe
This never really got answered. I'm considering the card but want to see the real details under the travel benefits. Things like "covered reason", what countries are excluded from the car rental insurance, and other fine print. Only high level info is online. I tried to call the benefits number twice. Each time I am told "you need to talk to benefits", then get transferred, then get an automated voice saying I cannot be transferred. It really does seem like they are hiding something.
I had the same type of questions. They finally mailed me the benefits booklet.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 12:12 pm

Woot. I almost missed out on the $50. I had been putting all my grocery and dining on the CSR for the Pay Yourself Back promo.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 6:24 pm

I placed a $55 takeout order from a local restaurant via their online storefront, but so far the credit hasn't posted to my account.
  • Transaction date: 07/25/2020
  • Card type: Visa
  • Transaction type: Purchases
  • Merchant description: MISC FOOD STORES-SPECIALTY,CONVENIENCE,MARKET
  • Reference number: 5899
  • Transaction Category: Groceries: Groceries
  • Online Transaction: Y
Old Aug 5, 2020, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by ebusch
I placed a $55 takeout order from a local restaurant via their online storefront, but so far the credit hasn't posted to my account.
I'm not sure that anyone has figured out when the credit hits but it's certainly not within a week.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 7:33 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by MisterBill
I'm not sure that anyone has figured out when the credit hits but it's certainly not within a week.
It is a statement credit. Mine posted as 1 line for -$50 on my most recent statement.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by G2244
It is a statement credit. Mine posted as 1 line for -$50 on my most recent statement.
I did not get a credit on my July statement. My August statement closes next week so hopefully I'll get something then.

Originally Posted by Need
Woot. I almost missed out on the $50. I had been putting all my grocery and dining on the CSR for the Pay Yourself Back promo.
Putting groceries on the CSR card now isn't that great of a deal since it's only paying the base 1% (plus an extra 0.5% when you use PYB, of course). It was great back in May and June when it was 5% plus the extra 2.5%.

Last edited by EmailKid; Aug 7, 2020 at 9:42 am Reason: Back to back posts
Old Aug 7, 2020, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by MisterBill
Putting groceries on the CSR card now isn't that great of a deal since it's only paying the base 1% (plus an extra 0.5% when you use PYB, of course). It was great back in May and June when it was 5% plus the extra 2.5%.
It's not the best deal... but I need to spend some of my points now that I don't travel much.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Need
It's not the best deal... but I need to spend some of my points now that I don't travel much.
I managed to cash out most of mine on the $1500 worth of groceries and other products purchased at grocery stores that I bought in June. I've also been using the card for restaurants even though I can do a little better with a BofA CR card to cash in some more points.

If/when I finally get a refund of my Singapore Air tickets from February, I will have more points to deal with.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 12:23 pm

Making a note here. Made 3 grocery purchases on the Premium Rewards card but have not seen the $50 credit yet.
8/4 $8.98
7/14 $4.38
7/13 $42.20

Update:
got the $50 credit on 8/27

Last edited by kouichi; Aug 30, 2020 at 7:30 pm Reason: datapoint
Old Aug 11, 2020, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by kouichi
Making a note here. Made 3 purchases on the Premium Rewards card but have not seen the $50 credit yet.
8/4 $8.98
7/14 $4.38
7/13 $42.20
Were they for food/dining?
Old Aug 11, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by kouichi
Making a note here. Made 3 purchases on the Premium Rewards card but have not seen the $50 credit yet.
8/4 $8.98
7/14 $4.38
7/13 $42.20
It posts as a statement credit. You will likely see it then.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 6:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Mine posted 10 days automatically after my statement

8/4 - Restaurant Purchase
8/17 - Statement Close
8/27 - $50 credit posted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.