Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays Uber credit card (revamped October 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
See post 76 for a summary of changes announced October 2019.

Application: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...8&cellNumber=2

FAQ: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...ForwardUrl#q34
Print Wikipost

Barclays Uber credit card (revamped October 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:36 pm

This card sounds great! My husband and I have different cell phone plans. If I paid my cellphone bill and my husband's with my card, would both of our phones be covered by the cellphone insurance?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:46 pm

Any experience re what exactly counts as travel for booking airfare or hotels online - e.g., Expedia, Kayak, StudentUniverse, etc.?

Thanks ahead of time for your replies!
Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by jeepzy3
I hit the $5k spend before my Amazon Prime membership posted in August, but still didn’t get any digital subscriptions posted. Barclays is saying it’s a system-wide issue. Anyone else having issues with Amazon Prime Annual membership showing up as a digital subscription? No ETA for the fix - something seems a little fishy about this...

Since no digital subscriptions are showing up, I‘m guessing that’s why I still haven’t received my $50 statement credit. I don’t see why they can’t just give me the statement credit due me?!?!
My Amazon Subscription was finally recognized. Now waiting for the $50 statement credit.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by savemone
Any experience re what exactly counts as travel for booking airfare or hotels online - e.g., Expedia, Kayak, StudentUniverse, etc.?

Thanks ahead of time for your replies!
I have the same question!!
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Has anyone been able to apply for this card recently? I can no longer find a link to apply online, only thought the app. The instructions (https://www.uber.com/c/uber-credit-card/) say to look for "view all offers" under payment, but no such section exists in my app for android. I tried contacting uber customer service, but they are clueless.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by lmagnott
Has anyone been able to apply for this card recently? I can no longer find a link to apply online, only thought the app. The instructions (https://www.uber.com/c/uber-credit-card/) say to look for "view all offers" under payment, but no such section exists in my app for android. I tried contacting uber customer service, but they are clueless.
I was looking to apply for this card too and had the same issue. I am using the app for iOS. Anyone else have success? Is it possible they've already pulled the card?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I think it got lost in a software update, but I do admit that some of the category rebates are high for a no AF card. All you can do is report that the application link is missing in the app to the Uber support and maybe somebody can get it figured out. There is definitely no application on the web to apply directly that I can find.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 11:12 am

I have other Barclays credit cards, so I sent a message to them under one of my current accounts to see what they say about the ability to sign up for the card.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by rasheed
I think it got lost in a software update, but I do admit that some of the category rebates are high for a no AF card. All you can do is report that the application link is missing in the app to the Uber support and maybe somebody can get it figured out. There is definitely no application on the web to apply directly that I can find.
I've now exchanged 7 messages with Uber customer support trying to alert them about this issue. Four responses were completely off topic (how to buy Uber cash, how to add a payment method to my account, etc.), two were copy/paste from the website about how to apply for the card (which I had already pointed out isn't possible), and one gave me a link to check the status of my application with Barclay's. I've given up any hope that they will understand the problem let alone fix it.

Perhaps a phone call to Barclay's is next on the agenda, but I need a day or so to rest from beating my head against the wall with Uber.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by lmagnott
I've now exchanged 7 messages with Uber customer support trying to alert them about this issue. Four responses were completely off topic (how to buy Uber cash, how to add a payment method to my account, etc.), two were copy/paste from the website about how to apply for the card (which I had already pointed out isn't possible), and one gave me a link to check the status of my application with Barclay's. I've given up any hope that they will understand the problem let alone fix it.

Perhaps a phone call to Barclay's is next on the agenda, but I need a day or so to rest from beating my head against the wall with Uber.
Uber support is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Worse than Xfinity even.

At least you're getting a response. I messaged them 2 days ago and still haven't received a response.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 3:24 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by dangw20
I was looking to apply for this card too and had the same issue. I am using the app for iOS. Anyone else have success? Is it possible they've already pulled the card?
I’m on iOS as well and the link to apply does appear in my Uber app. Considering the issues people have faced with the Uber cash rollout, I suppose I’m not surprised the Uber Visa link isn’t appearing for everyone.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by dw

I’m on iOS as well and the link to apply does appear in my Uber app. Considering the issues people have faced with the Uber cash rollout, I suppose I’m not surprised the Uber Visa link isn’t appearing for everyone.
For those following along, I was finally able to apply for the card, so at least we know it's still available.

Based on dw's experience, I downloaded the app on my iPad (previously had only used it on an android phone) hoping that maybe it was platform-specific. Initially, there was no link. Then I deleted the app, downloaded again, and this time agreed to allow push notifications during the initial launch (normally I click deny just out of habit). The other difference in download #2 is that the text with the 4-digit code never reached my phone, so I bypassed that and signed in with just my password. This time, the link appeared under payments --> view all offers. I applied, got approved, and turned notifications off again. No idea what exactly triggered the link or if this will work for others, but maybe try re-downloading and/or playing with notification settings.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:19 am

I don't know why people claim it is not on Barclay's web site, it is right there under Credit Cards, you do have to click on "See More Cards" a couple of times. Here is a direct link:

https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ber-visa-card/
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by blaz
I don't know why people claim it is not on Barclay's web site, it is right there under Credit Cards, you do have to click on "See More Cards" a couple of times. Here is a direct link:

https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ber-visa-card/
No one is claiming it's not listed on Barclay's site. We're saying it's not possible to apply there. Around halfway down the page you linked, it says "To apply, just open your Uber app and follow the directions below".
dangw20 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 12:01 am

Try this link

www.barclaycardus.com/apply/
rasheed, dangw20 and TerryK like this.

Last edited by EmailKid; Apr 27, 2019 at 10:53 am Reason: Make link clickable

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.