Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays Uber credit card (revamped October 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
See post 76 for a summary of changes announced October 2019.

Application: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...8&cellNumber=2

FAQ: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...ForwardUrl#q34
Print Wikipost

Barclays Uber credit card (revamped October 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:05 am

It covers any cell phone for which you pay the bill to ATT/Verizon etc. using the Uber Credit card. That is how Barclays knows.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by kquinn1121
It covers any cell phone for which you pay the bill to ATT/Verizon etc. using the Uber Credit card. That is how Barclays knows.
Sort of hard to believe, because I have 4 phones on my plan. If this is case, then that is pretty sweet!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by dinkoh
Sort of hard to believe, because I have 4 phones on my plan. If this is case, then that is pretty sweet!
You may want to read this: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...ForwardUrl#q34

So far this has been a great card for me.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 12:58 pm

Wow. Very nice FAQ, wished all FAQ pages were like this. Thanks for the link!
Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:39 pm

Has anybody had any luck converting another Barclays Card into an Uber card without having to apply (in other words, avoiding a hard credit pull)?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:27 am

I had to apply, but after approval, I was able to transfer a very large credit limit on an existing Barclays card to the Uber Card.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Uber Credit Card Phone Insurance

Going to be applying for the uber credit card. The cell phone coverage is going to be great to have, since I'm currently paying $40/month for 4 line of insurance on Verizon. My question is how logistically the insurance would work. I'm guessing I'll just have to walk into any verizon/best buy store, pick up a new phone and file a claim with Barclaycard? The FAQs of the website seem to indicate that... https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...ForwardUrl#q34
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:29 pm

Bizarre process for me. They made me mail in copy of my ID, SS card, and utility bill (I am 800+ credit score). And they gave me a $1000 credit line...
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Wow! I didn't think there were unsecured credit cards below five grand? I'm afraid I would consider that to be an insulting joke.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 5:26 pm

Found this card by accident! Can’t believe that other cards have tons of pages of discussion while this card has only dozens
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
Found this card by accident! Can’t believe that other cards have tons of pages of discussion while this card has only dozens
It's a cashback card and this is a travel-oriented forum. That said, it is one of the best cashback cards for certain categories (dining and travel) and has some nice perks like the subscription credit and the mobile phone protection, so it would be a great in a 2-card strategy for cash reward seekers (pair it with a 2% card to cover all non-bonused spend).
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:45 pm

I really like the card for the cellphone insurance. This would be a daily driver for me if i wasn't trying to meet MSRs
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:39 pm

I applied and got instant approval but only got $500 credit line!!!! That’s weird because I have many cards with $5000-$20000 credit line with other banks!! Any advice? Is this common? Is there a way to increase the credit line?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:36 pm

Barclays issues with Amazon Prime membership as digital subscription

I hit the $5k spend before my Amazon Prime membership posted in August, but still didn’t get any digital subscriptions posted. Barclays is saying it’s a system-wide issue. Anyone else having issues with Amazon Prime Annual membership showing up as a digital subscription? No ETA for the fix - something seems a little fishy about this...

Since no digital subscriptions are showing up, I‘m guessing that’s why I still haven’t received my $50 statement credit. I don’t see why they can’t just give me the statement credit due me?!?!
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:52 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by jeepzy3
I hit the $5k spend before my Amazon Prime membership posted in August, but still didn’t get any digital subscriptions posted. Barclays is saying it’s a system-wide issue. Anyone else having issues with Amazon Prime Annual membership showing up as a digital subscription? No ETA for the fix - something seems a little fishy about this...

Since no digital subscriptions are showing up, I‘m guessing that’s why I still haven’t received my $50 statement credit. I don’t see why they can’t just give me the statement credit due me?!?!
Huh, that’s annoying. I’m planning/hoping to use that on my Prime sub as well.

OTOH, I have a hard time getting too upset with Barclays over this card. The cell phone insurance alone is great — I’m using my iPhone XS caseless now. Pretty sure I’m going to get the better end of the deal on that policy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.