Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AOR strategy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2016, 8:27 am
Original Poster

AOR strategy

Looking at applying for a few cards for taxes and home reno projects. Looking to apply in this order on same day. Prestige is the card I want to most as I have Citigold.

Citi Prestige
Chase Freedom
Barclay Arrival Plus
AMEX SPG( i know i missed the 35k, maybe they will match)

I have 150k MR, 150k UR. Already have Amex plat, Ink, CSP, Citi Exec and Amex ED.

This will be my first citi typ card. Is there any other card issuer I am leaving out? I have also considered the crystal infinite card as I live in CA, but I want to try and get all the cards on 1 HP. As I understand you have to apply in branch for this.

5 new accounts(5 pulls on EX) since August 2015 so I know I am cutting it close with Chase. No pulls on EQ or TU. FICO 775-792 based on AMEX and CITI fico score from their websites.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 8:32 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by silver02accord
...I want to try and get all the cards on 1 HP.
Do you mean one inquiry per issuer? Each issuer will pull from one or more credit bureau. If the bureau sees multiple pulls on the same day from the same issuer they may consolidate them into a single event, but if they see one each from four issuers there is nothing to consolidate.

Chase looks at accounts opened in the past 24 months (in addition to inquiries). If you have opened five in that period why do you think you are "close" rather than over their apparent limit?
Old Apr 7, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Southwest CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Chase approved me for two personal cards (IHG AND United Explorer) last week. I've gotten approximately 300 cards in the last two years. Jokes, but seriously I've gotten about 25 plus added 30 AU's.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 9:49 am

In the past, I've done AOR of 4-5 cards, but for the past year or so, I've just done 1 card at a time. FrequentMiler wrote about this recently. What are your thoughts on it?
Old Apr 7, 2016, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Do you mean one inquiry per issuer? Each issuer will pull from one or more credit bureau. If the bureau sees multiple pulls on the same day from the same issuer they may consolidate them into a single event, but if they see one each from four issuers there is nothing to consolidate.

Chase looks at accounts opened in the past 24 months (in addition to inquiries). If you have opened five in that period why do you think you are "close" rather than over their apparent limit?

So if I applied for 2 amex cards, that could be combined? But if I do chase, amex, citi etc that would certainly be 3 hp?
Old Apr 7, 2016, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

So if I applied for 2 amex cards, that could be combined? But if I do chase, amex, citi etc that would certainly be 3 hp?
I thought the only idea behind an AOR was to get the pulls combined.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
HP is per application.

I thought the only idea behind an AOR was to get the pulls combined.
The main purpose of AOR is to apply as many cards as possible before the HPs are recorded in your credit reports. The more of them start showing up, your chance will significantly decrease.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 6:05 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Perhaps with the former, absolutely positively with the later.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 8:51 pm

AOR is so 2014...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.