Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage Aviator Red MC 15000 Bonus Miles Offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage Aviator Red MC 15000 Bonus Miles Offer

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2015, 10:12 pm

Update on using the aforementioned supermarket, electronics, and drugstore bonus link, with the email argument. I called customer support, and they said it wasn't attached, so that's that.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:07 am

I've had 4 different US Air cards and then the Red Aviator. I have never received this offer And I haven't spent much either so thought I would be targeted.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
In the past, I seem to recall that the 15000 bonus was only offered to people who hadn't used the card much for months. It was never offered to active users of the card IIRC.
I wonder if it is that or if it is also tied to one's anniversary date to entice the cardholder to keep their card. I only just started using the card again in June because of the 50% bonus. And since my anniversary month is July, I won't get the 15k bonus until I actually keep the card and pay the annual fee.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flyby01
I wonder if it is that or if it is also tied to one's anniversary date to entice the cardholder to keep their card. I only just started using the card again in June because of the 50% bonus. And since my anniversary month is July, I won't get the 15k bonus until I actually keep the card and pay the annual fee.
No, I seem to recall people getting the 15000 bonus after a few months of not using the card at all after opening it (since the card had no spend requirement for earning the signup bonus). And then getting it again later in the year after a few more months of not using the card at all after completing the spend required for the first bonus.

So I didn't see any relationship in the 15000 bonus to the anniversary date in the past. (Keep in mind that this targeted 15000 bonus isn't new to the Aviator card; it existed back in the days of it being a US Airways card, and that's when the examples I mentioned above came from.)
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:29 pm
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
From https://creditboards.com/forums/inde...owtopic=545669 , it looks like you can try:

offers.barclaycardus.com/p/Barclaycard/EMQ32015spend?EMAIL_ADDR=<YOUR_EMAIL>&APRIMO_ID=&F NAME=&LNAME=&ACCOUNT_ID=&BGI_EARN_AMT=&ASSOCIATION =&BGI_REWARDS=&LAST4=&BRAND=&MARKETING_CELL=&PARTY _ID=&CAMPAIGNID=&ep_mid=114953504&ep_rid=172069904 5

with your email replacing <YOUR_EMAIL>. But like someone mentioned in the other thread, the confirmation email doesn't know your credit card number, so I don't think this works.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:42 am

I told the rep that since I'm not offered any spend promotions, I will stop using this card. They couldn't do anything.

I've hit the 1.5x quite hard so it's their revenues to lose.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:19 am

Been waiting and hoping

For that 15,000 offer. Didn't get anything on any of our cards.

I called and got that sorry nothing available for you line.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie

I read that citi has a similar targeted promotion for its aa card.

Maybe this is crazy - but is it possible that Barclays is targeting those who have a citi credit card open too? Barclays does soft pulls on my credit once every few months. They wouldn't be able to see if it was an aa card but wouldn't they be able to see the bank??
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bretmd

Maybe this is crazy - but is it possible that Barclays is targeting those who have a citi credit card open too? Barclays does soft pulls on my credit once every few months. They wouldn't be able to see if it was an aa card but wouldn't they be able to see the bank??
I'd love to get that Citi promo.

Do you have a link to where you read about it?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by josephstern
I'd love to get that Citi promo.

Do you have a link to where you read about it?
Sure -

http://outandout.boardingarea.com/targeted-citi-aa-cardholders-2x-miles-in-bonus-categories-10x-miles-with-apple-pay/
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks.

I don't know that I'd call it similar - max of 2500 bonus miles there. The Barclays one is 6x that.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Thanks.

I don't know that I'd call it similar - max of 2500 bonus miles there. The Barclays one is 6x that.
I think it's more of a response to the 2x supermarket/drug store promo that some received. It's very similar...
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie

You were replying to a post about 15000 bonus miles for 3 months of $500 spend, and you said that Citi has a similar targeted promotion, but then the link you provided was for a promotion similar to Barclay's smaller grocery/drug/electronics promo with a 2500 bonus miles cap.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
You were replying to a post about 15000 bonus miles for 3 months of $500 spend, and you said that Citi has a similar targeted promotion, but then the link you provided was for a promotion similar to Barclay's smaller grocery/drug/electronics promo with a 2500 bonus miles cap.
You're right - my mistake.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:33 pm

So is the 2 bonus miles in addition to the 1 default miles totaling 3 miles per $1 at supermarket or is it simply 2 miles per $1 totaling 2 miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.