FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   AAdvantage Aviator Red MC 15000 Bonus Miles Offer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1690390-aadvantage-aviator-red-mc-15000-bonus-miles-offer.html)

Flyby01 Jun 25, 2015 12:35 pm

AAdvantage Aviator Red MC 15000 Bonus Miles Offer

This targeted offer just landed in my inbox.

July spend: $500
Aug spend: $500
Sep spend: $500

= 1500 miles + 15,000 bonus miles = 16,500 total miles

Details:

Offer is valid for select cardmembers and is not transferable. You will earn 15,000 bonus miles after you charge $500 or more in net retail purchases (purchases that are not returned or rescinded) each calendar month from July 1, 2015 through September 30, 2015. If you do not spend over $500 in any of the 3 months of the promotion you will not be eligible for any bonus miles as part of this offer.

To receive your bonus miles, your account must be open, active and in good standing. Purchases made during periods when your account is delinquent or your account is otherwise not in good standing as defined in your Credit Card Cardmember Agreement do not qualify for this offer. Your bonus miles will appear on your statement up to 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion. Net retail purchases do not include such things as the purchase of money orders, traveler's checks, foreign currency, lottery tickets, gambling chips, wire transfers, person-to-person money transfers or using the account to obtain a cash advance.

josephstern Jun 25, 2015 1:16 pm

I got it too.

Easy enough way to get 15K.

rwstrickler Jun 25, 2015 7:17 pm

I hope I get that target too. I haven't even been sent my card yet! Any data points to help see who is targeted?

Phantom707 Jun 25, 2015 8:05 pm

I haven't received anything yet. I received my Aviator card last month, and I just recently reached $20k to get the March - June bonus.

hightide Jun 25, 2015 11:12 pm

E-mail title

Please tell me the title of the e-mail so I can keep a lookout for it :)

darthbimmer Jun 26, 2015 9:07 am

Targeted promos like this have been around for quite some time. Last year I got a similar offer (the difference was it required 3x$750 spend) on my first Barclays USAirways DM MC. I didn't get it on the other two cards I opened, though. I wonder what their targeting criteria are.

donuteric Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

I got this one instead. :( I want 15k bonus!

From July 1 through September 30, 2015, you'll earn bonus miles when you use your AAdvantageŽ Aviator™ Red MasterCardŽ for supermarket, electronics store and drugstore purchases. Register by July 20, 2015, and you'll earn 2 bonus miles for every $1 spent on eligible purchases that post to your account, up to 2,500 bonus miles.1

josephstern Jun 26, 2015 11:19 am

Originally Posted by hightide (Post 25028961)
Please tell me the title of the e-mail so I can keep a lookout for it :)

"Earn 15,000 miles with your card!"

hbiglin Jun 26, 2015 11:20 am

Ughh... Me too... booo...

Originally Posted by donuteric (Post 25031277)

carlitos Jun 26, 2015 11:26 am

Originally Posted by donuteric (Post 25031277)

I got that one too :(

Men, looks like us that try and hit the 20 K spending for those extra 10 K miles are currently using the Card, so we don t get targeted for the $500 spend and get 15 K miles :confused:

hbiglin Jun 26, 2015 11:55 am

Talked to customer service

So I gave Barclays a call. After having to ask to talk to a supervisor, this is what I was explained about the promotion. I was told that there is a AAviator Red World card as well as a AAviator Red World Elite (apart from the Silver Elite). Supposedly the card says 'World Elite' on it. The World Elite cards are the ones that got the 15k bonus promotion. I asked how people would have received a World vs World Elite, but he did not know. So unless the supervisor was incorrect, there seems to be a second level of Red card.

Blueskyheaven Jun 26, 2015 12:00 pm

The one I got is 2 miles per dollar up to 2500 miles on supermarket, electronic stores and drugstores!
Not worth doing this!

I still haven't received the 50% bonus miles on all purchases they offered couple of months ago!

donuteric Jun 26, 2015 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by hbiglin (Post 25031472)
So I gave Barclays a call. After having to ask to talk to a supervisor, this is what I was explained about the promotion. I was told that there is a AAviator Red World card as well as a AAviator Red World Elite (apart from the Silver Elite). Supposedly the card says 'World Elite' on it. The World Elite cards are the ones that got the 15k bonus promotion. I asked how people would have received a World vs World Elite, but he did not know. So unless the supervisor was incorrect, there seems to be a second level of Red card.

Interesting. I did not know the existence of the World Elite version for the Red. Can the first two posters confirm if they have the WE?

PtsJunkieWI Jun 26, 2015 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by hbiglin (Post 25031472)

Interesting... I also got the 2500 bonus offer, and have the "World" card (not Elite).

Perhaps this is true with almost all Mastercard products?
I have Citi Premier (which is "World") and Citi Prestige (which is "World Elite").

bhamsan01 Jun 26, 2015 12:15 pm

I've received this in the past, but required $750 in spending per month. I have 3 Aviator Red cards (don't know if Elite or not) and did not have any of my cards targeted for either offer (at least not yet).