Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

2015 and forward App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
The Master List of credit card offers can be found on this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...scription.html

A list of Flyertalk members who would appreciate "paying it forward" by using their referral links can be found here: Individual discussions of bank policies, credit cards, and pros/cons of the various programs can be found in this forum:
Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Forum
Discussions on redeeming miles and points can be found in the Airline and Hotel forums.
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

2014 posts can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...e-archive.html
Print Wikipost

2015 and forward App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by atwnsw2
Within the past 2 years, I have received the following cards:
Chase Preferred, Reserve, and Personal Southwest.
Amex Delta Gold and Delta Plat.
Barclay's AA Aviator.

Does Chase restriction of 5/24 apply only to Chase cards issued in last 24 or all credit card companies?
(This still confuses me).

Considering applying for 75k BA Chase next depending on your input
and then Barclay Luftansa 50k in December (which would be 6 months since last Barclay card).
[Chase Explorer was my 1st choice but I am only eligible for 40k miles which doesn't seem worth it]

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.......
The 5/24 rule is only applied by Chase Bank when you apply for a Chase card. If you have opened 5, or more, new cards (Chase doesn't count Business cards normally) in the last 24 months, from ANY bank, you will not be approved for any most Chase card. Since you have opened 5+ cards in the last 24 months forget anymore Chase cards. Concentrate on cards from Amex, Citi & Barclays. I'd go for Business cards first if you can.

You really need to go to the Chase Forum and read the "Applying for Chase credit cards..." thread. Start with the Wiki.

Last edited by philemer; Nov 5, 2017 at 9:01 pm Reason: correction
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:56 am

Programs: UR, MR, TYP
Is there an easy way to figure out my 5/24 status? Credit Karma? Credit Sesame? What am I looking for?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by philemer
The 5/24 rule is only applied by Chase Bank when you apply for a Chase card. If you have opened 5, or more, new cards (Chase doesn't count Business cards normally) in the last 24 months, from ANY bank, you will not be approved for any Chase card. Since you have opened 5+ cards in the last 24 months forget anymore Chase cards. Concentrate on cards from Amex, Citi & Barclays. I'd go for Business cards first if you can.

You really need to go to the Chase Forum and read the "Applying for Chase credit cards..." thread. Start with the Wiki.
Thanks for the feedback.....
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by atwnsw2
Thanks for the feedback.....
You're welcome. When you read the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...l#524appliesto you'll notice a few Chase cards that are NOT affected by the 5/24 rule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.