Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines automatically switching all BOA Visas to Barclays MCs starting 4/28

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaiian Airlines automatically switching all BOA Visas to Barclays MCs starting 4/28

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nitro888
I cancelled both my bofa and both hawaiian air credits cards back on 2/27 yet I still received 2 new barclay hawaiian air credit cards today.

How should I go about canceling and making sure they are not on my credit report?

Or what happens if I just don't activate them?
I reached out to Barclay's twitter team (@AskBCUS) and will see what they say tomorrow. They're usually pretty good about being able to know the best route to take. I would be plenty happy if they would just convert this to an arrival card instead.

...if I could get that bonus, of course....
Old Apr 19, 2014, 12:47 pm

Received 3 sets of cards despite cancelling them all 6-9 months ago. Don't see any new pulls - their systems must be screwed up and must think we are still card holders.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I didn't get a pull either so far as I can tell.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold, Marriott Silver, Choice Privileges Gold, National Exec
I also received new cards yesterday, despite cancelling both the BofA and BofH cards already. Oh well...another one to add to the cancelled card collection.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 4:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nevafazeme
I also received new cards yesterday, despite cancelling both the BofA and BofH cards already. Oh well...another one to add to the cancelled card collection.
Assuming you didn't get a hard pull, and you can get the signup bonus, why not at least keep it for a year and bank the miles?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 5:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld
Assuming you didn't get a hard pull, and you can get the signup bonus, why not at least keep it for a year and bank the miles?
Personally, I don't want any new accounts right now. Having to buy a new car soon.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:31 pm

Really annoying. I cancelled my wife's 2 old hawaiian cards about 3 weeks ago, and 2 new cards just showed up yesterday.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: Delta, American, British
Ugh, echoing this... three cards just arrived, in spite of having closed the accounts ~ three months ago. :-(

Has anyone complained/heard anything back from Barclays? I'd definitely keep the cards if they gave the 35k signup bonus for the $1k spend.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jetlagg3d
Ugh, echoing this... three cards just arrived, in spite of having closed the accounts ~ three months ago. :-(

Has anyone complained/heard anything back from Barclays? I'd definitely keep the cards if they gave the 35k signup bonus for the $1k spend.
They won't say anything about them until the 28th. I think there's some contractual thing where they can't do anything until then.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold, Marriott Silver, Choice Privileges Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld
When I said that I'd add it to the 'cancelled card collection', I meant I would put it with my stack of cards that I've cancelled but still keep. I can see how it sounded like I was going to call in and cancel it though. My bad!!

Besides, I shouldn't have to close an account that's already been closed...
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nevafazeme
Besides, I shouldn't have to close an account that's already been closed...
But this is Barclays, I'm not expecting this to be easy....
Old Apr 26, 2014, 11:34 am
Suspended

Just got a phone call reminding me about my "new" Hawaiian Airlines credit card.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 7:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Just got a phone call reminding me about my "new" Hawaiian Airlines credit card.
So did I. Guess we'll find out Monday. Hopefully, we can all get the new account bonus.

I wonder how this will effect Barclays and their credit department. Might make signing up for a different new card more difficult given how stingy they are about approving more than 1 new application in any given window of time.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:58 pm

I closed my BoH card about 3 months ago (at the very beginning of February) and haven't received anything from Barclays, so I figured I dodged the bullet on this one. Today I logged into my Barclays account online though and there's suddenly a Hawaiian Airlines MasterCard showing up there. So not only did they reopen an account I closed almost 3 months ago, they never sent me any of the paperwork or even the card itself. They won't talk to me about the account until the 28th (tomorrow) so I guess I'll have to wait until then to figure out what's going on. What a mess...
Old Apr 28, 2014, 2:13 am
Suspended

Mine is there too....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.