FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   [EXPIRED] Barclays US Airways CC offers [EXPIRED] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1539492-expired-barclays-us-airways-cc-offers-expired.html)

Vizini Mar 14, 2015 4:18 pm

My purchase and $89.00 fee is showing up before the first payment is even due. Is there any problem of points being awarded with paying the fee and the amount due before the date is due? Thanks for your help

dlandz Mar 14, 2015 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Vizini (Post 24507817)
My purchase and $89.00 fee is showing up before the first payment is even due. Is there any problem of points being awarded with paying the fee and the amount due before the date is due? Thanks for your help

what do you mean? money isn't due until you receive a statement. this is how online accounts work, your purchases show up right away, as pending transactions until closing as completed transactions

rje444 Mar 14, 2015 7:52 pm

I this a crazy thing to do?

I just got approved for my card on February 10th, a little over a month ago. It is my first and only Barclays card, and I've charged a few thousand on it since then, and also paid that.

I know this is a little crazy, but what do I have to lose by applying for another card in the next day or so? I have a score in the low 800s, and if there is no hard pull, isn't the worst that happens is they say no? Am I missing something?

dlandz Mar 15, 2015 1:38 am

Originally Posted by rje444 (Post 24508577)
I this a crazy thing to do?

I just got approved for my card on February 10th, a little over a month ago. It is my first and only Barclays card, and I've charged a few thousand on it since then, and also paid that.

I know this is a little crazy, but what do I have to lose by applying for another card in the next day or so? I have a score in the low 800s, and if there is no hard pull, isn't the worst that happens is they say no? Am I missing something?

Should be fine, some people have been turned down recently for having an existing card but it seems hit or miss and has worked well in the past

rje444 Mar 15, 2015 6:46 am

Just applied, but got the "under review" answer instead of instant approval.

I gather this means I'm not going to get approved, and I'll get a letter saying the reason is because I already have a card.

I see from others here that calling recon in this situation is a bad idea, though...

rapishorrid Mar 15, 2015 8:07 am

Originally Posted by rje444 (Post 24508577)

It's hit or miss whether or not you will get approved, and it's also hit or miss whether or not you will get a hard pull.

I'm in the same boat as you except I was approved at the end of December and have a 760 credit score. Considering applying on the 28th (90 days) if the card is still around.

ninim2200 Mar 15, 2015 8:22 am

Originally Posted by rapishorrid (Post 24510075)
It's hit or miss whether or not you will get approved, and it's also hit or miss whether or not you will get a hard pull.

I'm in the same boat as you except I was approved at the end of December and have a 760 credit score. Considering applying on the 28th (90 days) if the card is still around.

the earliest i have seen here that got approved is 4 months and a half, 90 and 121 days didn't work,, but again it's still YMMV. the referral link shows the offer exist until April 17th, you might want to wait few days extra to improve your chances.

shutter41 Mar 15, 2015 9:16 am

Originally Posted by mike2200 (Post 24506931)
Applied last night for 3rd card instant approval

1st card-6-14
2nd card-10-14
(Both still open)

Have had 5 cards over that the last 18 months

Did you drop credit limits on the existing cards before applying? How much spend did you have on the existing cards?

Jesperss Mar 15, 2015 10:48 am

Originally Posted by dlandz (Post 24509236)
Should be fine, some people have been turned down recently for having an existing card but it seems hit or miss and has worked well in the past

I already had two US Air cards open and just applied for my third and got approved.

Can't hurt to try.

PackingIt Mar 15, 2015 3:10 pm

Just to add my experience:

Got Arrival+ last month. Applied for US Airways card last night. Got 'under review' message. Called reconsideration line right away, asked for manual review, and consideration of moving credit from the Arrival+ card if necessary. Was told that my credit history is good, but because I just got the Arrival+, I would have to go with the 'move credit' approach. Got approval while on the phone, had $5k moved from Arrival+, and card should be on its way. Logged into my Barclays online account and saw new card appear within minutes.

dlandz Mar 15, 2015 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by rje444 (Post 24509867)
Just applied, but got the "under review" answer instead of instant approval.

I gather this means I'm not going to get approved, and I'll get a letter saying the reason is because I already have a card.

I see from others here that calling recon in this situation is a bad idea, though...

Call recon.. in no way is it a "bad idea"... it is your only chance and you have nothing to lose by calling

LA_FadeAway Mar 15, 2015 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 24484964)
Sit tight, don't call. There's still a chance the system will approve you.

Well, it took almost a week but the denial is now showing online. Haven't received the letter saying why yet.

Quick question for you all:

When applying for a card for yourself, do you include your whole household income or just yours? Maybe that's where I'm messing up by putting just mine on the app.

philemer Mar 15, 2015 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by LA_FadeAway (Post 24511855)
Well, it took almost a week but the denial is now showing online. Haven't received the letter saying why yet.

Quick question for you all:

When applying for a card for yourself, do you include your whole household income or just yours? Maybe that's where I'm messing up by putting just mine on the app.

The total household income. Always. Then add another 10%. ;)

mike2200 Mar 15, 2015 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by shutter41 (Post 24510339)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mike2200

Applied last night for 3rd card instant approval

1st card-6-14
2nd card-10-14
(Both still open)

Have had 5 cards over that the last 18 months

Did you drop credit limits on the existing cards before applying? How much spend did you have on the existing cards?

Didn't drop any credit limits, have $1700. spend on one of the cards in last two months (doing the 3 months spend $750. each month and get a bonus of 15k in miles.) but prior had very little amount of spend on any Barclay card. But balance on card is paid off.

I do not carry any balances on any cards.

Good luck!

slhansen219 Mar 15, 2015 11:02 pm

Has anyone reapplied for this card after being denied about 60 days earlier? I've checked the app status page and my old app is still showing and will for about 30 more days. I just don't know if reapplying is an automatic denial because the status already says denied.