FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   [EXPIRED] Barclays US Airways CC offers [EXPIRED] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1539492-expired-barclays-us-airways-cc-offers-expired.html)

cheaptom Mar 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by PWMTrav (Post 24521338)
Just a datapoint - I got un-lazy today and called Barclaycard's recon line, as I'd been declined for this card and wanted to see if I could get it before the product goes away. .

Did you have the same card already open (and this was US Air Card #2 for you)??

PWMTrav Mar 17, 2015 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by cheaptom (Post 24521376)
Did you have the same card already open (and this was US Air Card #2 for you)??

No, just two no-AF cards. UPromise and one of their NFL cards. Neither of which get any use, but I generally don't close fee-free CL.

tehprince Mar 17, 2015 12:32 pm

Good question, I just signed my wife up for this card yesterday, I doubt we'll have it before the 20th.

I would imagine though they would have to honor the offer considering when we signed up the bonus was showing as 50K miles.

Daveyb101 Mar 17, 2015 12:44 pm

Data point: Just (auto) approved for #3.

#1 was opened a little over a year ago, and is still open. Just finished a 3 month x $500/mo for a 15K bonus, including $800 of US purchases last month (otherwise would have closed before annual fee hit). Otherwise, no real spend on the card.

#2 Was opened about 7 months ago, and closed about two weeks ago. Allowed its billing cycle to run through following closure before applying for #3. No spend after initial purchase.

Meanwhile, wife can't get approved for #2 (#1 is 8 months old with about $4k spent on it). Go figure

mia Mar 17, 2015 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Heliface (Post 24521125)
...the word on the web is that after March 20th, all US Airlines Dividend Miles will become AAdvantage Miles, and the US Airlines PWM will no longer be offered

Only a handful of people who work for AA, US and Barclays know the details of their contract, and the specific date after which Barclays will not be able to accept applications. So long as Barclays is accepting applications, apply.

PackingIt Mar 17, 2015 3:49 pm

Did Barclays officially stop offering the card in the last couple of days? I am no longer seeing it listed here:

http://www.findmybarclaycard.com/bar...-cards/compare

EDIT: Still seeing it here prominently, so never mind: https://www.barclaycardus.com/

wholeinone04 Mar 17, 2015 5:18 pm

My wife has one barclay us air card open, just applied for a second one (fico at 772), app under review.

PackingIt Mar 17, 2015 5:23 pm

As mentioned, they almost certainly have to honor the terms of the application. In terms of the miles type awarded, whenever the official merge date passes, all miles would simply be AA miles instead of US miles. It behooves anyone that has a US account with DMs and an existing AA account to make sure to get those accounts linked ASAP.

Phantom707 Mar 17, 2015 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by wholeinone04 (Post 24523065)
My wife has one barclay us air card open, just applied for a second one (fico at 772), app under review.

Does the application status page show anything for her? http://myapplicationstatus.com/

carsnoceans Mar 18, 2015 1:10 am

Instant approval abt 3hrs ago. Second card in 6mos.

Lyssa Mar 18, 2015 9:03 am

I have a question. I manage the miles and points for my family. My husband will apply for a card that I recommend but he doesn't like to call in for reconsideration, bonuses, etc. So, he got the US Airways card under the 40,000 miles and then it went up to this 50,000. He did call in some months ago and they told him they would give him the extra 10,000 miles. Now, this was a few months ago and the 10,000 hasn't posted.

He is not going to call in again. I've been trying communicate with Barclays via the SM center but it's hard. Some of the messages they haven't replied to at all. They replied once just saying he wasn't eligible for 50,000 miles since the promotional period has passed. It was clear they didn't really read my message to see he'd already been promised the 10,000 months ago and just never got it. I replied again to that effect yesterday and still no response.

My question, I am an authorized user on the account. Can I call in and talk to them about this issue? I think it's really wrong to say he will get 10,000 miles and then just not get them, but if it's up to him to call in, well, that's not going to happen.

wholeinone04 Mar 18, 2015 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Phantom707 (Post 24523726)
Does the application status page show anything for her? http://myapplicationstatus.com/

Check Application Status

Thank you for your recent application. We're in the process of reviewing the information you provided for your US Airways Premier World MasterCard application.

Please keep in mind it may take up to 10 business days to process your application. There is no need to reapply. If you provided an email address, we will send you an email upon review of your application. Please feel free to check back as this page will display the most recent status updates.

I am curious to see what happens as she only has one barclay card open right now (usair #1) and we closed the arrival card a while ago (5-6 mos). My thinking is that since she has good credit, only one card open with barclay therefore it should be easier to get approved for another one since she has a lot of room for available credit with barclay.

Me on the other hand, I have 3 cards open with them right now (arrival, nfl visa, us air #2). I cancelled my us air #1 about 6 months ago, waited a month or two and applied for a second and went pending, didn't call recon and eventually got approved.

I want to see how hers goes but I'm just finishing up the last month of my $750 spend promo to get 10k pts so I want to see when those pts post and then I may cancel my us air card #2, wait a couple weeks to free up some credit with barclay and then apply for us air #3.

I can't imagine I would get approved for a fourth barclay card? Isn't barclay pretty stingy with CL, I do have great credit though at around 800 fico right now.

Electroman Mar 18, 2015 10:51 am

Originally Posted by wholeinone04 (Post 24526497)
Isn't barclay pretty stingy with CL, I do have great credit though at around 800 fico right now.

IME yes, they are. My FICO score (provided by Barclay themselves) is about the same as yours, and they made me reallocate my total credit line with them the last time I applied for a card - that total credit line is only $25k! I have individual cards from AMEX, CITI, Chase and US Bank with larger credit limits.

cdancer20 Mar 18, 2015 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Electroman (Post 24526935)
IME yes, they are. My FICO score (provided by Barclay themselves) is about the same as yours, and they made me reallocate my total credit line with them the last time I applied for a card - that total credit line is only $25k! I have individual cards from AMEX, CITI, Chase and US Bank with larger credit limits.

This is my experience as well. I have upper 700 score and 2 cards with Barclay totaling $20k. When I called to recon for US Air, they only approved me for $5k more. Said I could reallocate credit if I wanted.

cheaptom Mar 18, 2015 12:35 pm

I recently received the promo for 1.5 miles per dollar instead of the standard 1/1. Just wondering if we all got that offer or was I targeted for some reason?

Also, keep your eyes on the miles after you sign up for the 1.5 when the statements come. In my experience almost every time I was supposed to get 1.5, it never quite worked out, and they claimed I had to register for this promotion (even though I did). Just keep an eye on your miles...