FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   [EXPIRED] Barclays US Airways CC offers [EXPIRED] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1539492-expired-barclays-us-airways-cc-offers-expired.html)

g8trgr8t Mar 2, 2015 10:45 am

tried for 3rd card, got turned down for too much credit already in Dec 2014. reduced credit, cancelled one, turned down for already having card at end of Jan. no hard pull in Jan

cancelled the last card last month

status check currently shows this message without a date. that was generated on Jan application that was denied for existing card.

Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you.

would another application now get flagged by this denial or is auto approval a realistic expectation? fico 805, income not an issue, just triggers that limit auto approval

aradisc Mar 2, 2015 3:48 pm

Got my denial letter, and it says I was denied because "Sufficient credit is [already] available on your account". Maybe I didn't wait long enough for the card I cancelled to hit my TU report as closed? Should I try again after 30 days if the offer is still around, under the theory that they should be willing to offer the same total exposure I had before?

jimindc Mar 2, 2015 4:02 pm

Opened first card in October 2013. Lowered my credit limit from $15K to $5K via SM yesterday. Applied online today for second card, and got "application under review". I'm assuming this means I won't be approved, but hopefully also no hard pull. FICO is ~780.

I guess they have finally cracked down on multiple cards? Not sure what else I should have done differently.

VegasGambler Mar 2, 2015 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by darthbimmer (Post 24415817)
I see nothing in Joe1960's post that contradicts what I wrote, or vice versa. He addressed the fact that the 50% bonus does not apply to other bonuses. I addressed that the stated 10k limit is the maximum number of bonus points awarded in this promo, not the maximum number of base points to which the 50% bonus applies.

Today I got an email encouraging me to sign up for this promo (which I already signed up for). The terms clearly say, a max of 10k bonus miles. I'm glad I have it in writing.

It also says that they are sending me a new Aviator Red card. They didn't even invite me to apply for the other one. I wouldn't have, anyway, but I'm offended that I wasn't invited.

Beetlesauce Mar 2, 2015 5:20 pm

Also got email for Aviator red and 50% promo. I'm already signed up for the promo on both my US Air cards.

"As part of the integration of US Airways and American Airlines, your current
US Airways Dividend Miles® MasterCard® will be replaced with an AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red MasterCard®.¹ Your new card will arrive between April 1 and July 15, 2015. Until your new AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red MasterCard® arrives, please continue to use your current US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard.
"

Looks like AAdvantage Aviator Red MC is almost here. Anyone looking to get the Barclays US Airways DM should pobably try to do it by March end. We don't know what April will bring.

winsteven13 Mar 2, 2015 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Beetlesauce (Post 24443158)
Also got email for Aviator red and 50% promo. I'm already signed up for the promo on both my US Air cards.

"As part of the integration of US Airways and American Airlines, your current
US Airways Dividend Miles® MasterCard® will be replaced with an AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red MasterCard®.¹ Your new card will arrive between April 1 and July 15, 2015. Until your new AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red MasterCard® arrives, please continue to use your current US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard."

Looks like AAdvantage Aviator Red MC is almost here. Anyone looking to get the Barclays US Airways DM should pobably try to do it by March end. We don't know what April will bring.

Would applying for it in say 2 weeks time for my next AOR be safe?

VegasGambler Mar 2, 2015 5:24 pm

By the way, the email also mentioned that you could sign up for the 50% offer by calling 866-419-0881. I'm not sure if this offer is intended to be targeted or not, but people who don't see the offer on the web page may want to try calling to see if they can sign up.

Superorb Mar 2, 2015 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by winsteven13 (Post 24443165)
Would applying for it in say 2 weeks time for my next AOR be safe?

Is 2 weeks from now before the end of March?

winsteven13 Mar 2, 2015 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 24443230)
Is 2 weeks from now before the end of March?

Not sure if a rhetorical question.. haha but I'm looking at about 3/22 to apply alongside the business gold and platinum.

yiky98 Mar 2, 2015 7:25 pm

Has anyone been instantly approved while holding an open US airways card in the past few days? Posts in the last couple of pages suggest that they are not even pulling the credit report for existing cardholders which make me believe that they've finally cracked down on churning. But of course I would love to be proven wrong.

xSTRIKEx6864 Mar 2, 2015 7:49 pm

I wonder if Barclays will be more open to waiving annual fees once they are unable to take new customers to the Aviator card and thus must try to retain current customer base?

Juan G. Ruiz Mar 2, 2015 8:42 pm

Don't believe everything you read...

I just applied tonight for my 2nd Barclays US Airways card from the 50K non-elite application link inside this FT thread. It has been 4 months since my first approval on the card. Only applied because card is expected to no longer be offered within a month or so and couldn't wait the customary 6 months minimum.

Was approved with 10K CL and thrilled about it. Was for sure expecting a denial. Put in a different phone # and email address but did use my Dividends #, if that means anything.

Although YMMV, if you are close to 6 months minimum or have exceeded it, you have nothing to lose but a credit pull from Transunion which isn't that big of a deal.

Good luck!

ninim2200 Mar 2, 2015 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Juan G. Ruiz (Post 24444050)
I just applied tonight for my 2nd Barclays US Airways card from the 50K non-elite application link inside this FT thread. It has been 4 months since my first approval on the card. Only applied because card is expected to no longer be offered within a month or so and couldn't wait the customary 6 months minimum.

Was approved with 10K CL and thrilled about it. Was for sure expecting a denial. Put in a different phone # and email address but did use my Dividends #, if that means anything.

Although YMMV, if you are close to 6 months minimum or have exceeded it, you have nothing to lose but a credit pull from Transunion which isn't that big of a deal.

Good luck!

what was your previous card application date?
did you close it or keep it open?

frank_10b Mar 2, 2015 8:50 pm

should we be combining different dividend miles accts from cc applications?
when?

justpetehere Mar 2, 2015 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by Juan G. Ruiz (Post 24444050)

Good luck!

Can confirm--worked for me as well tonight. Opened the first card 12 months ago (still open). On the off chance it matters I also entered a different phone number and e-mail address but used the same Dividends #. Instantly approved for 15K.