Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

FICO to start offering free credit scores

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FICO to start offering free credit scores

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2014, 8:59 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dangw20
When I try to view my credit score from the Sallie Mae card there's no link anywhere.
People on the myfico forums were reporting that Barclays told them it's not a glitch, that the Sallie Mae card no longer has access to that feature. Unfortunate, but at least you still do have a way in.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
My Choice Privileges and Priceline cards don't have access either.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
People on the myfico forums were reporting that Barclays told them it's not a glitch, that the Sallie Mae card no longer has access to that feature. Unfortunate, but at least you still do have a way in.
Interesting, especially considering the email I received was specifically for my Sallie Mae card (had the last 4 digits and picture of Sallie Mae CC)
Old Jan 31, 2014, 2:14 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dangw20
Interesting, especially considering the email I received was specifically for my Sallie Mae card (had the last 4 digits and picture of Sallie Mae CC)
This is the e-mail someone got, asking about Sallie Mae access: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Gene...761043#M182294

(Other reports in nearby posts as well)
Old Jan 31, 2014, 5:47 pm

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
I have the Priceline and Sallie Mae cards. I used to see my credit score at https://www.barclaycardus.com/servicing/ficoScore or https://www.barclaycardus.com/servicing/score but it's gone now. Oh well.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 6:54 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
My score is still from 12/19/13 (US Air card). Anyone know how often Barclays will show an updated score? I tried searching their site for the info but came up empty.

TIA
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SquarePeg
My score is still from 12/19/13 (US Air card). Anyone know how often Barclays will show an updated score? I tried searching their site for the info but came up empty.

TIA
Mine is last updated since 1/4/2014. I know it has something to do with activity on your card, as when I didn't use it for two weeks, it said that I needed transactions in order to show my Fico score. Maybe that's it?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:48 am
Suspended

TIA
Mine hadn't updated in awhile. Got an email yesterday saying "your score has been updated"...
Old Feb 21, 2014, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by healthnut
Mine is last updated since 1/4/2014. I know it has something to do with activity on your card, as when I didn't use it for two weeks, it said that I needed transactions in order to show my Fico score. Maybe that's it?
I got that message in December. I used the card and it became available on 12/19. No updates since then despite recent usage.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got that message in December. I used the card and it became available on 12/19. No updates since then despite recent usage.
I thought they said it would be updated at least every two months. Mine took just about 60 days.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
I thought they said it would be updated at least every two months. Mine took just about 60 days.
Just checked it again and new update as of 2/19 (although yesterday it was still showing the 12/19 info). Every 2 months it is! Thanks all.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Interestingly, I just noticed when logging in today that Discover is now providing a FICO score. It's timely, as I am about 20 days through the $4.95 myfico.com trial to see how my score varies as a I accumulate debt, after paying in advance to get the balances to $0 before starting the trial.

My myfico score started at 815 and is down to 792 as a full month's worth of charges have now accumulated on all three regularly-used cards.

Discover? "your FICO® Credit Score is 850"

myfico.com is Equifax, and Discover is Transunion, but color me skeptical - real fico's from a mortgage about 4 years ago were within 15 points. And I'm not sure 850 is even possible.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any way to see that if you don't have a statement (i.e., I never use my Discover card)?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPRich
Interestingly, I just noticed when logging in today that Discover is now providing a FICO score.
But which Discover card do you have? Reports so far have been that you get FICO with the Discover IT card, but not with the Discover MORE card (which is what the original Discover card has typically morphed into for those who've had it for ages).
Old Mar 3, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
But which Discover card do you have? Reports so far have been that you get FICO with the Discover IT card, but not with the Discover MORE card (which is what the original Discover card has typically morphed into for those who've had it for ages).
Currently still only for the IT card, but you can Product Change to the IT card from the MORE. There is no hard pull! You keep the same card number and they will send you IT card with the same number on it.

--Disregard above because evidently the More now has it.

Last edited by fL1Pm0d3; Mar 5, 2014 at 6:30 am Reason: Changes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.