FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1495478-wells-fargo-5x-rewards-cap.html)

ibleed0range Jun 10, 2014 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Silverthunder (Post 23006645)
any ideas on how to survive a call re: 3rd time account lock down for overpayments?

Can't believe you even made it to a 3rd call honestly. You must not be spending that much

toxicity Jun 10, 2014 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Silverthunder (Post 23006645)
any ideas on how to survive a call re: 3rd time account lock down for overpayments?

Are you actually overpaying? 3x?

cdancer20 Jun 10, 2014 8:23 am

Originally Posted by toxicity (Post 23008926)
Are you actually overpaying? 3x?

Yea that's my question. I learned my lesson the first time! However, others have reported being told they overpaid just for going over their CL more than once.

hokiegl Jun 10, 2014 8:27 am

Apply for the card even though I had a prior Wells Fargo CC?

I currently have this card for my wife. We are hitting it very hard. But I had a Wells Fargo CC that I closed in 2009. I regularly get the pre-screened offers for the 5X card, but I generally ignore them since I figure I am no eligible. But today I decided to read the terms very carefully. The offer that I see on my online account and the actual letter states:

"This offer is available only to applicants who do not already have a Wells Fargo Credit Card (Holders of a Wells Fargo Financial National Bank credit card offered through a retail merchant)"

as opposed to the public offer that read

"Eligibility for Introductory Rate(s), Fees, and Bonus Rewards Offers: If you currently have an open credit card account or a closed credit card account with a balance issued by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., you may not be eligible for the above introductory APR(s) and fees or the bonus rewards offers described below."

I am conflicted. Has anyone noticed this? Has anyone else been able to get a second Wells Fargo card with 5X via a pre-screened offer?

CrediPig Jun 10, 2014 12:34 pm

Which card is better - 5% or 5X? Does it matter? I'm getting ready to apply.

yoyo Jun 10, 2014 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by CrediPig (Post 23010868)
Which card is better - 5% or 5X? Does it matter? I'm getting ready to apply.

5%. You get extra bonus after you pass certain level.

cdancer20 Jun 10, 2014 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by yoyo (Post 23010890)
5%. You get extra bonus after you pass certain level.

I didn't realize that this was a 5% only thing. Also, I think only a few people on here have reported getting the bonus so is it a definite thing?

yoyo Jun 10, 2014 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20 (Post 23011021)
I didn't realize that this was a 5% only thing. Also, I think only a few people on here have reported getting the bonus so is it a definite thing?

try it and find out. Nothing to lose. I did not sign for the extra bonus but it did show up. of course YMMV.

cdancer20 Jun 10, 2014 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by yoyo (Post 23011043)
try it and find out. Nothing to lose. I did not sign for the extra bonus but it did show up. of course YMMV.

I already have the 5x card.

jazzmailman Jun 10, 2014 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20 (Post 23008244)
Which card do you have?

I have the Wells Fargo VISA Signature Card - 30k Reward Points after $2000 spent (already posted). Earns 5x reward points. I can redeem airfare with 50% more value (seems to be ~25% more value, still good deal), just hesitant of leaving rewards in there in case I get banned. I've been a Wells Fargo customer for 15+ years if that means anything. (I've had a checking account with Wells Fargo since 14)

and I actually received another exact same offer today again, even though I already have the card... can someone else use the reservation #?

Thanks.

Silverthunder Jun 10, 2014 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by ibleed0range (Post 23008383)
Can't believe you even made it to a 3rd call honestly. You must not be spending that much

i have been 5.25 x-ing the CL for 3 mo
in the first cycle, i stayed below CL

I am not sure if i should call in. Account is locked but they haven't posted the cash rewards to my checking account. thinking about waiting until they post before calling. i did make overpayments but 6 wks ago. they are locking my acct every few transactions now

Happy Jun 10, 2014 7:34 pm

Questions on the application form

I have a WF checking account for several years. In the past year or so, each time I logged off online banking, this 5x card offer popped up.

Today I decided to check the application form out. Using the online banking login, I was brought to a screen prefilled with my name and address.

The most unusual thing is, it does NOT have a question for annual income but it has a question for Additional as well as Accessible Income with Yes or No boxes. BUT NO ANNUAL INCOME Question on the form.

Do you use the Additional Income to put in your annual income? There are categories of income to select from the drop down menu once you click Yes on the Additional Income.

I have never seen a credit card application form does not ask for Annual Income.

What do you guys see or remember what you see on your application?

skibum7732 Jun 10, 2014 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20 (Post 23011092)
I already have the 5x card.

then you are ineligible

ibleed0range Jun 10, 2014 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Silverthunder (Post 23012967)
i have been 5.25 x-ing the CL for 3 mo
in the first cycle, i stayed below CL

I am not sure if i should call in. Account is locked but they haven't posted the cash rewards to my checking account. thinking about waiting until they post before calling. i did make overpayments but 6 wks ago. they are locking my acct every few transactions now

Yea I would wait until your rewards posting you already redeemed them. Although if you did redeem I would think tee mail they send you is enough to say the rewards are yours. Let us know what happens.

cdancer20 Jun 11, 2014 7:34 am

Originally Posted by jazzmailman (Post 23012193)
I have the Wells Fargo VISA Signature Card - 30k Reward Points after $2000 spent (already posted). Earns 5x reward points. I can redeem airfare with 50% more value (seems to be ~25% more value, still good deal), just hesitant of leaving rewards in there in case I get banned. I've been a Wells Fargo customer for 15+ years if that means anything. (I've had a checking account with Wells Fargo since 14)

and I actually received another exact same offer today again, even though I already have the card... can someone else use the reservation #?

Thanks.

I know for the rewards card that I have, I have seen no difference in redeeming for travel. So I wonder if you have the same. If you do, then you can just redeem for cash.