FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1495478-wells-fargo-5x-rewards-cap.html)

silver6054 May 3, 2014 10:41 pm

I have my mortgage with WF and keep getting offers for their rebate version. Too busy with the Amex BC, but for the future: One thing I thought about is that if you are closed down for "abuse", could/would WF reverse the rewards paid, similar to (but less bad) Citi cancelling already issued mortgage checks when it shut down 5x TYP users.

Just seems this is a case where it can decide that the rewards were improperly earned and simply, as servicer, reverse them.

But I guess people would have posted had that happened!

skibum7732 May 4, 2014 12:21 am

Originally Posted by silver6054 (Post 22806115)
I have my mortgage with WF and keep getting offers for their rebate version. Too busy with the Amex BC, but for the future: One thing I thought about is that if you are closed down for "abuse", could/would WF reverse the rewards paid, similar to (but less bad) Citi cancelling already issued mortgage checks when it shut down 5x TYP users.

Just seems this is a case where it can decide that the rewards were improperly earned and simply, as servicer, reverse them.

But I guess people would have posted had that happened!

No reports of any type of clawback, but any pending/unredeemed points are forfeited

cdancer20 May 6, 2014 8:16 am

WF has been withholding $3k of CL for over a week and a half now! I paid via CheckFree at Walmart and only half of what I paid has showed in my CL. This is BS.

skibum7732 May 6, 2014 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20 (Post 22818435)
WF has been withholding $3k of CL for over a week and a half now! I paid via CheckFree at Walmart and only half of what I paid has showed in my CL. This is BS.

Its been reported in this thread as happening to others. Better idea is to transfer funds to WF checking and pay from there, instantaneous.

toxicity May 6, 2014 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by skibum7732 (Post 22821064)
Its been reported in this thread as happening to others. Better idea is to transfer funds to WF checking and pay from there, instantaneous.

Yeah same for me - Have 8k tied up lol. Good thing my MS is essentially already done for the month

cdancer20 May 6, 2014 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by skibum7732 (Post 22821064)

Yea I was aware of that possibly happening but people on Billpay thread said there's posted immediately and part of mine did. (I made 3-4 payments within a a day or two of each other).

hawkstravler May 6, 2014 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20 (Post 22818435)

Same here, I had a 3k Bluebird payment and a 2k checkfree payment come in on Friday last week and the 2k from the checkfree still hasn't been freed up. This is about my 9th or 10th time doing a checkfree payment to the card but the first that didn't free up the credit line the same day...

wvums May 6, 2014 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by toxicity (Post 22821131)
Yeah same for me - Have 8k tied up lol. Good thing my MS is essentially already done for the month

Same here... 8k in checkfreepay sent in one day and its tied up for over 2 weeks now. This was my first time using Billpay on this card so pretty frustrating and killing month 5 for me.

teddy25 May 6, 2014 8:29 pm

Has anyone received the 10k bonus points after the spending?

skibum7732 May 6, 2014 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by teddy25 (Post 22822387)

There was no mention of any 10,000 bonus points on the app I submitted

yoyo May 6, 2014 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by teddy25 (Post 22822387)

yes.

spgbus May 6, 2014 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by wvums (Post 22822352)
Same here... 8k in checkfreepay sent in one day and its tied up for over 2 weeks now. This was my first time using Billpay on this card so pretty frustrating and killing month 5 for me.

I paid off with MO at branch. The CL released instantly.

teddy25 May 6, 2014 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by yoyo (Post 22822581)
yes.

Did your offer mentioned the 10k intro bonus?

yoyo May 7, 2014 4:28 am

Originally Posted by teddy25 (Post 22822738)
Did your offer mentioned the 10k intro bonus?

yes.

ChuckMango May 7, 2014 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by hawkstravler (Post 22821582)
Same here, I had a 3k Bluebird payment and a 2k checkfree payment come in on Friday last week and the 2k from the checkfree still hasn't been freed up. This is about my 9th or 10th time doing a checkfree payment to the card but the first that didn't free up the credit line the same day...

thought you couldnt cycle this card? what's the rush? :confused: