FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1495478-wells-fargo-5x-rewards-cap.html)

ibleed0range May 12, 2014 6:39 am

Originally Posted by susieling (Post 22848916)
Just got my first statement on 5/7, it showed the right reward, but I still did not
get it in the linked checking account till now (5/11). How long does it take the reward to be available? Thanks!

You have to manually redeem your rewards

susieling May 12, 2014 10:52 am

Originally Posted by ibleed0range (Post 22850204)

oh, thanks! (what a stupid question I raised:()

On the other hand, I noticed there is addtional travel reward available to redeem other than the statement credit, I assume the travel reward isnt worth it as there is no discount in the ticket (unlike the city PPE for example)?

skibum7732 May 12, 2014 11:31 am

Originally Posted by ibleed0range (Post 22850204)

You can set it up to automatically post

rambo May 12, 2014 3:03 pm

I have had this card for the past 3 months now. I always charge 2K-5K in one go, either from CVS or Safeway. I haven't got any fraud alert yet. I think if you buy a piece of gum between your MS, the algorithm gets confused and triggers a fraud alert. Anyway, if any human reviews the account, they will know right away what we are up to. So I do not see the need to put in actual spending on this card.

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka (Post 22839645)
The only data I have is that a pack of gum doesn't count, but a $1000 purchase I attempted did. Purchase number 1 got a phone call, purchase number 6 got rejected, and purchase number 11 got a phone call. You'll notice that when you have to call in, they'll ask you about your most recent 5 purchases, even if one of them was only for a few bucks.

cdancer20 May 12, 2014 3:10 pm

I would say it varies. My first couple of purchases, I did big at CVS and got fraud alert. Since I have not and I go from making large purchases at CVS/Winn-Dixie to smaller purchases at Walmart or grocery store.

teddy25 May 13, 2014 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by 558911 (Post 22843697)
I received 30k bonus after $2k spend.

From what I know, there are targeted offers for 10k, 20k, and 30k after 1 or 2k spend on top of the 5%.

After taking to the Wells Fargo customer services line, it seems like some cards are point bases and some are baed. So the reward structure are different,they might all be the same card. So no 2nds?

toxicity May 14, 2014 8:20 am

Data point for WM BP:

I have the Home Mortgage Signature Card

BP'ed $8k at Walmart across 2 days. It took a FULL 2 weeks for CL to clear after the payments appeared in my account.

cdancer20 May 14, 2014 8:22 am

Originally Posted by toxicity (Post 22862678)
Data point for WM BP:

I have the Home Mortgage Signature Card

BP'ed $8k at Walmart across 2 days. It took a FULL 2 weeks for CL to clear after the payments appeared in my account.

Same here for my Rewards card. People warned that it happens but I just didn't think it would be that long. So I'm over that method. Now straight couple MOs to WF and MOs to other bank accts that I then transfer to WF. Plus sending AP to that acct (also to meet DD reqs).

wcj May 14, 2014 8:54 am

Originally Posted by teddy25 (Post 22859397)
From what I know, there are targeted offers for 10k, 20k, and 30k after 1 or 2k spend on top of the 5%.

After taking to the Wells Fargo customer services line, it seems like some cards are point bases and some are baed. So the reward structure are different,they might all be the same card. So no 2nds?

I got 10k in branch app with absolutely no prior relationship. In fact, had to fly in to app as no WF in my state.

teddy25 May 14, 2014 9:01 am

Originally Posted by wcj (Post 22862866)
I got 10k in branch app with absolutely no prior relationship. In fact, had to fly in to app as no WF in my state.

I know all the WF cards can convert to cash, but I think I have the cash version not points. Just like a 5% cashback rather than 5x points.

toxicity May 14, 2014 12:47 pm

Has anyone been able to churn any of these cards?

ie. moving from Home mortgage over to the other versions?

ChuckMango May 14, 2014 7:39 pm

do you have to wait for the statement to close before you can apply rewards to statement/balance cred?

cdancer20 May 15, 2014 6:44 am

Originally Posted by ChuckMango (Post 22866140)
do you have to wait for the statement to close before you can apply rewards to statement/balance cred?

Yes.

adminds May 15, 2014 9:11 am

This question has been asked many times in this thread, but no one ever answered it.

Originally Posted by toxicity (Post 22864197)

cdancer20 May 15, 2014 9:25 am

Originally Posted by toxicity (Post 22864197)

Originally Posted by adminds (Post 22868910)
This question has been asked many times in this thread, but no one ever answered it.

Realize that this thread is still pretty new. It started back in August so most people on this thread (if any) haven't had the time to apply, cancel, wait, and reapply.