FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1495478-wells-fargo-5x-rewards-cap.html)

ibleed0range Apr 23, 2014 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by ChessMaster1 (Post 22749255)
I just realized something in the last couple days...if you have unknown MS techniques, do not discuss them in FT. Mr. Bowtie roams FT for MS secrets that he can steal for his blog. He does not care if the secret he steals and publicizes will ruin it for everyone because he gets paid by his affiliate links no matter what. The more people that reads his plagiarized blog contents, the better are his chances of getting paid by his affiliate links.

Common sense.

stealph Apr 23, 2014 2:32 pm

I just realized something in the last couple days...if you have unknown MS techniques, do not discuss them in FT. Mr. Bowtie roams FT for MS secrets that he can steal for his blog. He does not care if the secret he steals and publicizes will ruin it for everyone because he gets paid by his affiliate links no matter what. The more people that reads his plagiarized blog contents, the better are his chances of getting paid by his affiliate links.

lol...just now???? Welcome to Flyertalk

susieling Apr 23, 2014 7:26 pm

I am still new to MS, so I would like to know how to charge big spending like 2k+ in one transaction: is CVS the only place allowing this? I tried riteaid and safeway, and some walgreens, most of the time the manager will be called in and I would get more trouble to be denied of using cc. However, if I only charge $500 each time, i need a lot of transactions to keep up the spending and I kept getting wells fargo frault alert calls... :(

skibum7732 Apr 23, 2014 7:44 pm

well done grasshopper...you are learning, but unfortunately most haven't been so brite

zeppoloveskafka Apr 24, 2014 4:18 am

Originally Posted by susieling (Post 22750834)
I am still new to MS, so I would like to know how to charge big spending like 2k+ in one transaction: is CVS the only place allowing this? I tried riteaid and safeway, and some walgreens, most of the time the manager will be called in and I would get more trouble to be denied of using cc. However, if I only charge $500 each time, i need a lot of transactions to keep up the spending and I kept getting wells fargo frault alert calls... :(

some supermarkets might be more forgiving. If you have a rite-aid that allows credit cards, I would save that for moneypaks down the road... CVS is really the best place to go.

FlyingBoat Apr 24, 2014 7:26 am

Originally Posted by ChessMaster1 (Post 22714522)
I don't know why so many people are afraid of WF, tip-toeing every little step so not to anger them. You guys make it so hard on yourselves. I for one have taken full advantage of the great opportunity they have given me, and I have reaped the significant rewards. It has been more than 4 months and I continue to reap the significant rewards. If not for the ending of the beans, I would have been able to save up to buy at least a 20k car. It is still not over, but the current processes is slower and more difficult than the beans. I am really glad I took full advantage of this opportunity when there were beans. The beans was the best way to take full advantage of this opportunity. And I have been only purchasing from that one store. No where else so far.

People, this is very simple:

1.Stick some money in the checking.
2.Use card.
3.Deposit proceeds to checking.
4.Pay from checking.
5.Repeat
6.Verify transactions for the 1st week.
7.Redeem rewards as soon it posts.
8.Repeat

DO NOT MAKE THIS HARD ON YOURSELF. For a little investment you stand to profit big.:D This the only place I know that I can get away with the stuff I do. No other place will tolerate this crap with me.

But if you pay off from your checking account instead of BP, how do you unload the GCs? I suppose through Money Orders? If it was thru BB, then I guess you could have also had checks written to yourself, or ACH transfer.

For me, I have no problem having cashflow to pay off CC, but am left wondering what I would do with the GC if I don't have CC bills to pay from them. I try to avoid checks or ACH from BB.

Happy Apr 24, 2014 11:44 am

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat (Post 22753009)
But if you pay off from your checking account instead of BP, how do you unload the GCs? I suppose through Money Orders? If it was thru BB, then I guess you could have also had checks written to yourself, or ACH transfer.

For me, I have no problem having cashflow to pay off CC, but am left wondering what I would do with the GC if I don't have CC bills to pay from them. I try to avoid checks or ACH from BB.

BB ACH is very reliable. It has improved a lot from the beginning. Now only takes 1 to 2 days to reach your linked bank account. I pay CCs and then ACH the balance, so I also have payments to CC from real bank accounts. it is always better to mix up usages in any kind of situation.

kshahk Apr 25, 2014 2:52 pm

5x vs 5% cards

According to https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/ there are 5x reward cards and 5% cb cards. Is there any reason to get 5x rewards card over 5% cashback card?

susieling Apr 25, 2014 3:24 pm

Just started my first wells fargo 5% cashback (first 6 month), so am I right in saying there is no limit on the cashback in the promotional first 6 month? thanks

zeppoloveskafka Apr 25, 2014 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by susieling (Post 22762021)
Just started my first wells fargo 5% cashback (first 6 month), so am I right in saying there is no limit on the cashback in the promotional first 6 month? thanks

Yes, it's (relatively) unlimited.

cdancer20 Apr 26, 2014 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by kshahk (Post 22761797)
According to https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/ there are 5x reward cards and 5% cb cards. Is there any reason to get 5x rewards card over 5% cashback card?

From what I was told and read, the 5x rewards card can be redeemed for travel. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread about getting discounted flights. Yet no one else has confirmed especially when I asked. Plus when I look online at my acct, I see basically no discounts on flights. The couple that I have seen are like $5 and wouldn't really matter since you have to pay a booking fee anyways. So I'm not sure what the perk is.

toxicity Apr 26, 2014 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20 (Post 22766425)
From what I was told and read, the 5x rewards card can be redeemed for travel. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread about getting discounted flights. Yet no one else has confirmed especially when I asked. Plus when I look online at my acct, I see basically no discounts on flights. The couple that I have seen are like $5 and wouldn't really matter since you have to pay a booking fee anyways. So I'm not sure what the perk is.

Nevermind........

cdancer20 Apr 26, 2014 7:14 pm

nevermind.

toxicity Apr 26, 2014 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20 (Post 22766930)
Are you telling me to delete or you deleted your response? If you are telling me to delete, feel free to PM why.

haha no I posted something that I deleted as I confused it with another card...

cdancer20 Apr 26, 2014 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by toxicity (Post 22766975)
haha no I posted something that I deleted as I confused it with another card...

LOL. Oh ok.