Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20
What is the preferred method of paying off the credit here? I know that paying through a WF acct frees up the CL instantly. However, what if I don't use my WF as my primary acct. What's the best way to fastest money to the acct? I see that doing a pull from a linked acct takes 3 biz days. That seems pretty long if you are trying to quick pay. Trying to figure out if I am missing something here.
Bluebird payments and one day billpays from Walmart both free up the credit the next day for me.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 4:48 pm

What is the preferred method of paying off the credit here? I know that paying through a WF acct frees up the CL instantly. However, what if I don't use my WF as my primary acct. What's the best way to fastest money to the acct? I see that doing a pull from a linked acct takes 3 biz days. That seems pretty long if you are trying to quick pay. Trying to figure out if I am missing something here.
I'm probably in the minority, but I have between 35-50K dedicated to this MS opportunity at any given time. A lot of money gets stuck temporarily in places (bluebird, reload cards, vanillas, VRs, MOs and in transit between banks). If you really are going to keep the machine working, I think investing cash into the process is very helpful.

Anyway I opened up a WF account just for this purpose and kept it as full as possible at all times. Purchases post overnight, so a few clicks and my credit line is reset immediately everyday with no lag. Adding cash at an ATM is a last minute option too, that works immediately.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 5:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by hawkstravler
Bluebird payments and one day billpays from Walmart both free up the credit the next day for me.
I read of other people that have had bluebird payments held up for days, if mot not weeks.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 5:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ChessMaster1
Thanks for the reply amolkold. I was too cheap to try out for myself (card is loaded with a lot of fees). I have to load 1K each to each card for maximum benefit( to avoid fraud alerts, I have to spend big on a particular card, little amount of spend (test amount) throws them off. My hesitation is because I am afraid to load 1k and get only 1x instead of 5x and have to pay the fees to unload. I am very cheap.
Anyone else had success at Target with getting 5x with AFT?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 6:32 pm

I read of other people that have had bluebird payments held up for days, if mot not weeks.
Yeah I've seen a few people saying that but I havn't had any problems with it as of yet, have made about 4 payments with it.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:01 pm

Do they allow payment of CC's in the branches?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by met152
You've probably made too many payments already this month. I too have that problem after about 10 payments. You can no longer ACH "pull" from from the WF side. You have to push it from an external acct (bank-to-bank transfer, billpay, etc).
thanks for the info.
One option that worked for me was calling up and having them manually initiate an ACH. Not sure it's the wisest thing to do but I did do one a couple of days ago.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by toxicity
I wouldn't start jumping for joy just yet..... restricted message for me just came in, 3 months in, 2.3x CL
Well, finally called in and was told that I overpaid (which I did not). They could not tell me when it actually happened since it never did but I didn't push it too much.

No mention of exceeding CL but I'm sure that's the implication.

Account unlocked but will probably limit to 1x CL going forward unless there are other data points suggesting that it doesn't matter....
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:27 am

Well, finally called in and was told that I overpaid (which I did not). They could not tell me when it actually happened since it never did but I didn't push it too much.

No mention of exceeding CL but I'm sure that's the implication.

Account unlocked but will probably limit to 1x CL going forward unless there are other data points suggesting that it doesn't matter....
I once accidentally overpaid by about 400-500 and also got locked. A quick call resolved the issue and no mention of going 2-3x over CL (15k line).
As others have stated be careful about the timing of your payments and the actual posting of charges. While you might have purchased 5k at CVS yesterday, it might be pending and not post until 2-3 days later. If a payment posts during this pending time, you've overpaid.

I also received a call the other day informing me that I've "exceeded my credit line" and that it would be better to request a CLI. No lock or mention of shutdown, just that it would be better to request an increase.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by met152
I once accidentally overpaid by about 400-500 and also got locked. A quick call resolved the issue and no mention of going 2-3x over CL (15k line).
As others have stated be careful about the timing of your payments and the actual posting of charges. While you might have purchased 5k at CVS yesterday, it might be pending and not post until 2-3 days later. If a payment posts during this pending time, you've overpaid.

I also received a call the other day informing me that I've "exceeded my credit line" and that it would be better to request a CLI. No lock or mention of shutdown, just that it would be better to request an increase.
I am extremely careful about never paying anything until the charges post, so there is virtually 0% that this is legit, unless their systems are just mind-bogglingly off, which is possible given it's WF.

Interesting data point about the CL call - have not heard that one before.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:56 am

I am extremely careful about never paying anything until the charges post, so there is virtually 0% that this is legit, unless their systems are just mind-bogglingly off, which is possible given it's WF.

Interesting data point about the CL call - have not heard that one before.
Read back a few pages. Same exact thing happened to me and a few others except I was also warned about exceeding credit limit. That was a month ago. I'm going for 7x CL this month. 0% chance I overpaid as well.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
Read back a few pages. Same exact thing happened to me and a few others except I was also warned about exceeding credit limit. That was a month ago. I'm going for 7x CL this month. 0% chance I overpaid as well.
I've read through the entire thread, am aware of similar calls. Aside from that 1 guy with $10k in rewards, have yet to actually hear of shutdowns though, which I guess is a good sign...
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:24 am

WF makes it hard to MS. It seems that they do not like overpayments, and you should only spend 1 x CL for the entire billing cycle (even if you make payments).
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by envoy245
WF makes it hard to MS. It seems that they do not like overpayments, and you should only spend 1 x CL for the entire billing cycle (even if you make payments).
That's what they want you to do, BUT there have been very few actual shutdown reports.... so to this point, those that have ignored the warnings have been fine
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:30 am

I've read through the entire thread, am aware of similar calls. Aside from that 1 guy with $10k in rewards, have yet to actually hear of shutdowns though, which I guess is a good sign...
I only did 1x in the first month. I'm almost through month 5. I actually can't wait for it to be over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.