Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Does downgrading a card to avoid an annual fee=close date for that card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

I had a AmEx Delta Skymiles Gold card and recently downgraded it to a AmEx BlueSky. I know that keeps my card credit history with AmEx, but does it actually allow me to consider my Delta card "closed" at this point, in case I want to open this card again for the bonus in 1-2 years?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by apoclater
I had a AmEx Delta Skymiles Gold card and recently downgraded it to a AmEx BlueSky. I know that keeps my card credit history with AmEx, but does it actually allow me to consider my Delta card "closed" at this point, in case I want to open this card again for the bonus in 1-2 years?
From my understanding, if it is a downgrade, the account history stays intact.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.