Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice for first AoA

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2013, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Advice for first AoA

I previously applied, and was approved, for the following cards on the following dates:

Chase Ink - March 12, 2013
Citi Hilton - March 11, 2013
Chase Priority Rewards - March 5, 2013
Citi AA (business) - January 22, 2013
Chase MileagePlus - January 17, 2013
AMEX Skymiles - September 15, 2012

As you can see, these were not part of an AoA. I've met all of the bonus requirements and am now ready for some more cards. 90-days from the most recent card authorization date would be June 12, 2013. I plan on applying for the following new cards for my first AoA:

AMEX Hilton
Citi AA (personal)
Chase Fairmont
Chase Marriott
US Bank Club Carlson

I know that you are supposed to wait 90 days between AoAs, but was wondering if I need to follow that rule given that I have not done a real AoA yet. Would appreciate advice. Credit score is around 730-740 right now.
Old May 24, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by Hazarrd
I previously applied, and was approved, for the following cards on the following dates:

As you can see, these were not part of an AoA. I've met all of the bonus requirements and am now ready for some more cards. 90-days from the most recent card authorization date would be June 12, 2013. I plan on applying for the following new cards for my first AoA:

AMEX Hilton
Citi AA (personal)
Chase Fairmont
Chase Marriott
US Bank Club Carlson

I know that you are supposed to wait 90 days between AoAs, but was wondering if I need to follow that rule given that I have not done a real AoA yet. Would appreciate advice. Credit score is around 730-740 right now.
I would say go easy with the Chase.... Also US Bank is very stingy with their cards (if you have already opened quite a few before hand).
If you do want to apply for a US Bank card, do apply for the card first in the AoR
Old May 24, 2013, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Hazarrd

AMEX Hilton
Citi AA (personal)
Chase Fairmont
Chase Marriott
US Bank Club Carlson

3 new Chase cards that are less than 6 months, I would off on them for a little while longer, unless you have a considerable amount of wiggle room on lines to be moved around.
Old May 24, 2013, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by jpark1982
3 new Chase cards that are less than 6 months, I would off on them for a little while longer, unless you have a considerable amount of wiggle room on lines to be moved around.
I have a long-term Chase strategy involving the CSP, Fairmont and Hyatt cards, beginning with CSP in August.

Will Chase let you close a card to free up credit for a new card?
Old May 25, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tigerhunt2011
I have a long-term Chase strategy involving the CSP, Fairmont and Hyatt cards, beginning with CSP in August.

Will Chase let you close a card to free up credit for a new card?
Yes.
Old May 25, 2013, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by iqbalt80
I would say go easy with the Chase.... Also US Bank is very stingy with their cards (if you have already opened quite a few before hand).
If you do want to apply for a US Bank card, do apply for the card first in the AoR
Agree on both counts. I would go for BoA Virgin for 100K HHonors (after transfer) instead of one of the Chase cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.