Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Cash+ Changes Redemption Bonus (again in April 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Bank Cash+ Changes Redemption Bonus (again in April 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:07 pm

US Bank Cash+ Changes Redemption Bonus

Thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:11 pm

delete

Last edited by davie355; Apr 24, 2020 at 2:05 am
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:17 pm

I received a pre-approved letter for the US bank cash + card, $100 bonus, must apply before march 1st.

This card used to be popular, but at present time (2015), is still there good reason to waste a hard pull on this card?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:35 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nkp46
I received a pre-approved letter for the US bank cash + card, $100 bonus, must apply before march 1st.

This card used to be popular, but at present time (2015), is still there good reason to waste a hard pull on this card?
It depends on your spending; the 5% categories can still be useful, but it is capped at $2k spend per quarter for the 5% categories.

IMO, it's no longer worth it. Restaurants were my big category, and this year that got moved from 5% to a 2% category. Plus, on my latest statement, they announced they are changing the $25 Cash Card bonus on redemptions of $100+ from once a year to once per lifetime of the account. So, all the things that made this great have basically been cancelled/changed/devalued.

I'm keeping the card open since it has no annual fee, but all of my spending will be moving to other higher earning cards instead.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:51 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by seadan
Plus, on my latest statement, they announced they are changing the $25 Cash Card bonus on redemptions of $100+ from once a year to once per lifetime of the account.
Ugh. Thanks for pointing that out...

Originally Posted by Latest Statement
Beginning April 1, 2015, the $25 Cash+ Bonus you receive when you redeem cash rewards for $100 or more in a single redemption will now be limited to one per the lifetime of the account. Currently, the $25 Cash+ Bonus has a limit of one per calendar year.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:59 pm

It depends on your spending; the 5% categories can still be useful, but it is capped at $2k spend per quarter for the 5% categories.

IMO, it's no longer worth it. Restaurants were my big category, and this year that got moved from 5% to a 2% category. Plus, on my latest statement, they announced they are changing the $25 Cash Card bonus on redemptions of $100+ from once a year to once per lifetime of the account. So, all the things that made this great have basically been cancelled/changed/devalued.

I'm keeping the card open since it has no annual fee, but all of my spending will be moving to other higher earning cards instead.
thank you very much!
Old Jan 22, 2015, 1:04 am

Just a heads up, if you redeem $100 before the April 1st deadline, you're eligible to get it once more after that deadline (but not until 2016 begins).
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
Just a heads up, if you redeem $100 before the April 1st deadline, you're eligible to get it once more after that deadline (but not until 2016 begins).
where did you get the "not until 2016 begins" ?

I got a letter today saying i can receive up to two bonuses: one $25 bonus before April 1, 2015 and one $25 bonus on or after April 1, 2015. I have redeemed one already and plan to redeem another on or after April 1, 2015.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:34 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred

What????!!!!!!

This card went from the greatest card ever to manure.

I will keep this card for the 5% categories for clothing and department stores. It'll be my mall card.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Tofe
where did you get the "not until 2016 begins" ?

I got a letter today saying i can receive up to two bonuses: one $25 bonus before April 1, 2015 and one $25 bonus on or after April 1, 2015. I have redeemed one already and plan to redeem another on or after April 1, 2015.
Are you sure? That would conflict with their current rule which is once per year. Pretty sure you'd need to wait until the start of 2016 to be eligible again.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
Are you sure? That would conflict with their current rule which is once per year. Pretty sure you'd need to wait until the start of 2016 to be eligible again.
yep. it says:

"Because this change doesn't take effect until April 1, in 2015 you may receive up to two bonuses:

One $25 Cash+ Bonus when you redeem your cash for $100 or more in a single redemption BEFORE April 1, 2015 and
One $25 Cash+ Bonus when you redeem your cash for $100 or more in a single redemption ON OR AFTER April 1, 2015."
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by Tofe
yep. it says:

"Because this change doesn't take effect until April 1, in 2015 you may receive up to two bonuses:

One $25 Cash+ Bonus when you redeem your cash for $100 or more in a single redemption BEFORE April 1, 2015 and
One $25 Cash+ Bonus when you redeem your cash for $100 or more in a single redemption ON OR AFTER April 1, 2015."
Awesome news, they've changed the wording and the rules then. It used to say:

Beginning April 1, 2015, the $25 Cash+ Bonus you receive when you redeem cash rewards for $100 or more in a single redemption will now be limited to one per the lifetime of the account. Currently, the $25 Cash+ Bonus has a limit of one per calendar year.
Thus my confusion. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.