Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2013, 8:54 am

What does US Bank pull for your location? I think you have a good shot if those are actual FICOs and few INQs in last 6 months/none in 3 months. Might want to check how your ARS looks as well.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 9:48 am

Received the paperwork related to approval of this Visa, but not the card itself. Have others had the same experience?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Jetsfan
Received the paperwork related to approval of this Visa, but not the card itself. Have others had the same experience?
Yes, SOP for US Bank.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 11:50 am

It's been a few days since I got the info for the card also but no card. How long does it take for the card to get here? What does SOP mean?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by gloreglabert
Yes, SOP for US Bank.
Greatly appreciate the fast response, and I will hold off calling. (and for the other poster, SOP is standard operating procedure.)
Old Jan 5, 2013, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by ferrari_fan
What does US Bank pull for your location? I think you have a good shot if those are actual FICOs and few INQs in last 6 months/none in 3 months. Might want to check how your ARS looks as well.

I believe its EQ here in WI. 4 inquires in the last 3 months. I do not know much about the ARS. Now leaning towards the personal so I can downgrade to the no fee after the first year. Also I have had the flexperks card for about 5 years now.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by kannon99
I believe its EQ here in WI. 4 inquires in the last 3 months. I do not know much about the ARS. Now leaning towards the personal so I can downgrade to the no fee after the first year. Also I have had the flexperks card for about 5 years now.
Discussed previously in Pages 15, 18 and 29.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 3:55 pm

Transfers to Airline Miles in Carlson program

Veering away for a moment from approval scenarios and back to the benefits of this particular card……

I am looking for an ongoing way to earn Delta SkyMiles on a Visa card. All I’ve ever seen for credit card options on this are the Delta Amex and Starwood Amex. I’m willing to pay an annual fee.

Per post #59, 50,000 Carlson Points = 9,000 Skymiles.
Per post #60, the annual fee version of the Carlson card gives you 5 points for every dollar spent

SO….this means that for every $10,000 I spend on the Club Carlson card I get 50,000 CC points that are convertible to 9,000 Skymiles….right? Basically 10% fewer miles than I would get for the same spend on an Amex?

Before anyone asks – 1) the reason I want Skymiles is because I’m in MSP where 90% of the gates and 98% of the domestic non-stops are run by Delta and 2) the reason I don’t want to just get an Amex is because I have a very large spend item every year that can only be applied to a Visa or MasterCard.

Anyone see any errors in my math or my logic? I’m relying upon post #59’s information on the transfer rate since Club Carlson won’t show me this information without signing up for an account and logging in first.

Last edited by DarcyMae; Jan 5, 2013 at 4:17 pm Reason: Grammar
Old Jan 5, 2013, 3:57 pm

I received the terms of conditions letter first, and the card followed suit the next day. In general, i'd say give it 3-4 business days.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, AS MVPG, Hyatt DIA, PC PLAT, Club Carl Gold, HH Gold, Accor Dia
Originally Posted by DarcyMae
Veering away for a moment from approval scenarios and back to the benefits of this particular card……

I am looking for an ongoing way to earn Delta SkyMiles on a Visa card. All I’ve ever seen for credit card options on this are the Delta Amex and Starwood Amex. I’m willing to pay an annual fee.

Per post #60, the annual fee version of the Carlson card gives you 5 points for every dollar spent

SO….this means that for every $10,000 I spend on the Club Carlson card I get 50,000 CC points that are convertible to 9,000 Skymiles….right? Basically 10% fewer miles than I would get for the same spend on an Amex?

Before anyone asks – 1) the reason I want Skymiles is because I’m in MSP where 90% of the gates and 98% of the domestic non-stops are run by Delta and 2) the reason I don’t want to just get an Amex is because I have a very large spend item every year that can only be applied to a Visa or MasterCard.

Anyone see any links in my math or my logic? I’m relying upon post #59’s information on the transfer rate since Club Carlson won’t show me this information without signing up for an account and logging in first.

Yes this is basically correct with a few major points.

1 - Airline transfer are a sliding scale (so the more CC points you xfer to an airline the better the exchange rate). From the CC website:

Points => Miles Earned
2,000 points => 250 miles
50,000 points => 8,000 miles
100,000 points => 18,000 miles

To get your .9mile/$ charged you'd need to transfer in $20k increments.

2. - Transfer aren't instant (especially critical w/ DL since their LOW level award space is so bad). In theory you will be waiting several days (minimum) more likely weeks for these CC points to show up in your DL account. By then the award you want will likely be gone.

3. - There are other Visa/Mastercards that offer a better exchange rate (albeit not with as good of signup bonus). One would be the Suntrust DL Debit card which earns 1 miles/$ spent and is a Mastercard.

Another would be a reloadable Visa/MC product that allows you to load up several thousand $$ onto it (assuming this amount is enough for your major purchase) by using the DL Amex product to either directly load it or buy buying reload pack for it. Then you would be earning 1DL mile/$ on your Amex (not to mention this could get you status MQM's and 10k-15k add'l Skymiles as threshold bonuses).

Best, OLYflyer

Last edited by OLYflyer; Jan 5, 2013 at 7:39 pm
Old Jan 5, 2013, 5:06 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
I still wouldn't try for Skymiles, myself. If you're interested in domestic flights, you're probably better off with a cash-back card (or Cap One Venture), especially since Delta's domestic award availability is awful. If you're interested in international flights, you could get Sapphire Preferred and/or Ink Bold and transfer UR points to Korean Air for Skyteam flights. Their award chart from the USA seems comparable to Delta's AFAICT.

That doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't get the Club Carlson card, though. I just think the points are more valuable for redemptions at Radisson Blu.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 5:36 pm

It's been 3 days since I received the card info and still no card in today's mail. How much longer should I wait before I ring US Bank?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 5:46 pm

DarcyMae:

You might want to look at the US bank Flex point card. Right now with purchasing vanilla's at superamerica, you can earn 2 points for each dollar and 20,000 is $400 worth of travel. If you have a US Bank account you maybe able to also benefit by having a Platinum Checking Package. You get an extra 50% of points. US Bank was one of the first credit cards to end the points with the USMINT so they may end the points with SuperAmerica and Vanilla soon.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
It's been 3 days since I received the card info and still no card in today's mail. How much longer should I wait before I ring US Bank?
Be patient. It will come shortly.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Starwood Gold
Transfer to Delta Airlines?

DarcyMae-

This is what I see in my account for transferring to airlines and Delta is on the list of airlines to transfer to. I am a Gold Elite (thanks to CC), so it might be different if you were at a different level.

"REDEEM POINTS FOR AIRLINE MILES

Redeem your Gold Points® for miles with over 20 airline partners and when you redeem points in large increments, the more miles you earn.
Points Miles Earned
2,000 points 250 miles
50,000 points 8,000 miles
100,000 points 18,000 miles

Redeem points for airline miles.

Select your airline program below
Enter your frequent flyer number
Enter the quantity of point increments you want to redeem for miles.

Note: Miles may take 6-8 weeks to post to your frequent flyer account."

Anyone see any errors in my math or my logic? I’m relying upon post #59’s information on the transfer rate since Club Carlson won’t show me this information without signing up for an account and logging in first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.