Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:39 pm

My spouse applied last week and was instantly approved for $11,000 limit. She did not freeze anything. Two inquiries within the past 2 years. FICO is about 750. This was the business card.

Has anyone ever applied for two business cards for two different businesses?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 4:42 pm

My wife applied for a personal and business card two weeks ago. Personal one was instantly approved with nice credit limit. Business one was on hold. Today she received a letter asking her to call in. She called as was told that she need to provide the following document:

1. Business license
2. Business lease agreement
3. 3 months business checking statement
4. FED TAX ID letter

I called in later to see if what could we do because my wife does not have a business licenses and according to the rep, her application will NOT be approved unless she has a business license.

A few of my friends got this card without any issues. I guess it is just my wife's bad luck with US Bank (again).

PS. my wife's experience is consistent with this blog post: http://travelwithgrant.com/2014/07/1...on-bank-visit/ unfortunately we don't have any US Bank branches nearby.

PS2. She froze ARS and IDA before she applied.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 3:03 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by godsquare
My wife applied for a personal and business card two weeks ago. Personal one was instantly approved with nice credit limit. Business one was on hold. Today she received a letter asking her to call in. She called as was told that she need to provide the following document:

1. Business license
2. Business lease agreement
3. 3 months business checking statement
4. FED TAX ID letter

I called in later to see if what could we do because my wife does not have a business licenses and according to the rep, her application will NOT be approved unless she has a business license.

A few of my friends got this card without any issues. I guess it is just my wife's bad luck with US Bank (again).

PS. my wife's experience is consistent with this blog post: http://travelwithgrant.com/2014/07/1...on-bank-visit/ unfortunately we don't have any US Bank branches nearby.

PS2. She froze ARS and IDA before she applied.
FYI, when I applied for Chase Ink at the branch, the banker checked for my business license. Even though I already had an ongoing business checking account with them for a couple years. I am not sure whether she went to my state government website to check my license (public record) or check internally.

So if you are planning to apply for Chase business cards, they may ask for the same thing.

By the way, for those that already received the card, how long did it take for the card to arrive? I'm anxiously waiting to get it and spend $2,500 on it
Old Nov 5, 2014, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by pinkblanket
FYI, when I applied for Chase Ink at the branch, the banker checked for my business license. Even though I already had an ongoing business checking account with them for a couple years. I am not sure whether she went to my state government website to check my license (public record) or check internally.

So if you are planning to apply for Chase business cards, they may ask for the same thing.

By the way, for those that already received the card, how long did it take for the card to arrive? I'm anxiously waiting to get it and spend $2,500 on it

I also have a business of 30+ years duration, easily verified from public sources, including a state issued license. Due to an identity theft issue years ago, there are fraud alerts (not freezes) on my credit reports. They told me that they checked both reports (business and personal). Took about 10 business days from the date of application to the required verification call for the fraud alerts. Most credit granting companies take about 3 days to get to that step. Then the actual card took 10 more business days after that.

On the other hand, nobody asked me to produce any documentation of my business. Just the EIN and office address I put on the application. But my business is pretty easy to find, and I have D & B rating.

Note I said business days, not calendar days.

FWIW, they told me that they had to send the card to my house (less secure) when I requested it come to my office instead, which is the billing address. It actually showed up at the office and I got a letter at the house the same day confirming my request.

Check the paperwork that comes with your card -- they will count the days for the minimum spend from the day they approve you internally, even though it will take 10-14 days for you to physically get your card. So you are really only getting 75-80 days to make that minimum spend. There's a date on the letter the card is stuck to, and that's the date that starts your clock.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 9:41 am

FYI, if you have a US bank account, do not MS on this card. You will end up getting both your bank account and club carlson credit card account closed...
Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by exarkun
FYI, if you have a US bank account, do not MS on this card. You will end up getting both your bank account and club carlson credit card account closed...
care to elaborate?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by liw5215
care to elaborate?
Similar thing to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...se-action.html

I got the club carlson card about 1/2 year ago. Got a us bank account this summer for the opening bank account bonus. Bank account was closed after about 1 month. I called them to ask why and they said it was due to the purchase activity on my club carlson card. Club carlson card was closed 2 months later.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:49 pm

Similar thing to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...se-action.html

I got the club carlson card about 1/2 year ago. Got a us bank account this summer for the opening bank account bonus. Bank account was closed after about 1 month. I called them to ask why and they said it was due to the purchase activity on my club carlson card. Club carlson card was closed 2 months later.
sorry for your loss. most US bank A/A cases are the bank accounts got closed because of MO deposits, then all credit cards got axed later. what did you purchase on your CC card?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 2:15 pm

sorry for your loss. most US bank A/A cases are the bank accounts got closed because of MO deposits, then all credit cards got axed later. what did you purchase on your CC card?
The usual MS; VGC and reloadits.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 2:18 pm

The usual MS; VGC and reloadits.
monthly volume? % of Credit limit?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 2:46 pm

monthly volume? % of Credit limit?
Not high at all, which is why I was surprised.
20k CL. Up to the shutdown of my bank account, the highest I had used was only 50% in one month (10k)
Old Nov 6, 2014, 3:04 pm

Not high at all, which is why I was surprised.
20k CL. Up to the shutdown of my bank account, the highest I had used was only 50% in one month (10k)
Thanks for the data points.

Unlike other cards, CC has no bonus categories. why shutdown ??? US bank sucks!
Old Nov 7, 2014, 2:24 pm

Eh, no chance I would attempt MS with this card. Too valuable on a regular basis with the annual bonus and free night. If they got rid of the free night, sure turn it and burn it, but til then this is a better relationship than Chase for international hotels.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 1:13 pm

Data point:

Applied 10/27/14. Instant approval. Received card in mail 11/5/14. Pretty quick turnaround IMO. Was not expecting the card that quickly after reading this thread. I did sign up for online access today and it appears that page has not been fully updated. Does not show my credit limit, ect. which seems in line with other people's experiences.

Went ahead and booked the Radisson Blu Aqua in Chicago for 2 nights using only 50k points. Held off on that booking until I received the card. Pretty pumped!
Old Nov 8, 2014, 6:02 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by PurdueMan
Data point:

Applied 10/27/14. Instant approval. Received card in mail 11/5/14. Pretty quick turnaround IMO.
More importantly what were your previous card applications before that?
Less than 3 in 6mos?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.