FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)
Old Nov 5, 2014, 3:21 pm
466SHH

Originally Posted by pinkblanket
FYI, when I applied for Chase Ink at the branch, the banker checked for my business license. Even though I already had an ongoing business checking account with them for a couple years. I am not sure whether she went to my state government website to check my license (public record) or check internally.

So if you are planning to apply for Chase business cards, they may ask for the same thing.

By the way, for those that already received the card, how long did it take for the card to arrive? I'm anxiously waiting to get it and spend $2,500 on it

I also have a business of 30+ years duration, easily verified from public sources, including a state issued license. Due to an identity theft issue years ago, there are fraud alerts (not freezes) on my credit reports. They told me that they checked both reports (business and personal). Took about 10 business days from the date of application to the required verification call for the fraud alerts. Most credit granting companies take about 3 days to get to that step. Then the actual card took 10 more business days after that.

On the other hand, nobody asked me to produce any documentation of my business. Just the EIN and office address I put on the application. But my business is pretty easy to find, and I have D & B rating.

Note I said business days, not calendar days.

FWIW, they told me that they had to send the card to my house (less secure) when I requested it come to my office instead, which is the billing address. It actually showed up at the office and I got a letter at the house the same day confirming my request.

Check the paperwork that comes with your card -- they will count the days for the minimum spend from the day they approve you internally, even though it will take 10-14 days for you to physically get your card. So you are really only getting 75-80 days to make that minimum spend. There's a date on the letter the card is stuck to, and that's the date that starts your clock.