Wiki Posts
Search

About Another Web Site

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2012, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

About Another Web Site

I hope it is OK to ask this.

In trying to make sense of the various credit card offers, I came across a website called milecards dot com.

It doesn't look like a forums discussion site like Flyer Talk, but they have a form you can fill out with your name and email address to ask their advice about FF credit cards.

Is that site legit, or am I likely to find myself getting a lot of spam? Are they just funneling customers to the various credit card companies?

My situation:

Finally used 250K miles to fly 1rst Class international on UA. I have about 95K miles left, and would like to boost that up to a usable amount again.

I collected the miles over several years with Chase Continental credit cards, so I figure I may as well switch to UA cards and get some bonus miles while I am at it.

It looks like they would give me "up to" 40K for signing up for the Chase UA Explorer card, but I am wondering about the "Sapphire" cards, ie. optimizing my miles by applying for more than one card.

I'm also open to those cards which can be used for many different airlines but at this point it is all a bit confusing to me.

Can you guys give me some advice on this?

Thanks!

^
Old May 19, 2012, 1:35 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
That type of site will earn a comission if you click one of their links to apply for a credit card. They will also earn some revenue from the ads which appear on the site. These affiliations may, or may not, affect their reccomendations.

You could use a disposable email address if you wish to submit questions without the risk of SPAM at your regular address.
Old May 19, 2012, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Mia, I suspected that might be the case.

As an alternative, would my situation/questions above be appropriate for a thread here?

I mean about the credit cards, not the other site.

Old May 19, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by albert436
As an alternative, would my situation/questions above be appropriate for a thread here?

I mean about the credit cards, not the other site.

Absolutely. But may I suggest that you read through the threads that already exist first. There is a ton of great information here but it's great if you do some reading of what is here already and then ask for clarification, etc. rather than starting a repeat thread.

But welcome!
Old May 19, 2012, 2:18 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The only credit cards which earn UA miles at a sensible rate are those issued by Chase. I suggest you begin by skimming this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...er-thread.html

...and reading the beginning, plus most recent posts, in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...er-thread.html

Bear in mind that UA is a member of Star Alliance, and miles earned in any Star Alliance program can be redeemed for travel on flight operated by all Star Alliance carriers. This does NOT mean that miles can be moved between the programs, but it does mean that miles accumulated at (for example) US Airways and Air Canada can be redeemed through those programs for travel on United.

Last edited by mia; May 19, 2012 at 2:39 pm
Old May 19, 2012, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Thanks I am on it.

^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.