Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2014, 1:53 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Has anyone applied and received the 40K miles offer without being elite?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
Has anyone applied and received the 40K miles offer without being elite?
I think you posted in the wrong thread. It's US Airways that has a card that earns 40k, and it's US Airways that has an elite requirement for a 30k card.

But you're in the Alaska Airlines card thread!! (And there is no 40k "at once" signup offer for Alaska, only a so-called 40k offer that requires much spend every month over 12 months before you get 40k.)
Old Jun 1, 2014, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I think you posted in the wrong thread. It's US Airways that has a card that earns 40k, and it's US Airways that has an elite requirement for a 30k card.

But you're in the Alaska Airlines card thread!! (And there is no 40k "at once" signup offer for Alaska, only a so-called 40k offer that requires much spend every month over 12 months before you get 40k.)
I had the same question. Application is here:
https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...ry?sc=VAB2SY#b

The Alaska Airlines Visa Signature card offers:
UP TO 40,000 Bonus Miles for Elite Mileage Plan members by earning 25,000 Bonus Miles upon approval and an additional 15,000 Bonus Miles after making at least $10,000 in purchases within the first 6 months of the account open date
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:59 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott

I did post it in the correct thread. There's an AS card with 40K miles but without a statement credit. The link can be found in the wiki and in The special credit card offers master thread.

The terms of the bonus in the application page state:
Bonus Miles offer is 25,000 miles for approved Visa Signature accounts, 5,000 miles for approved Platinum PlusŽ accounts or 3,000 miles for approved Preferred accounts. New Visa Signature cardholders that are also Alaska Airlines Elite Mileage Plan members (MVP, MVP Gold, MVP Gold 75K) at the time of qualifying will receive 15,000 additional miles after making at least $10,000 in net purchases in the first six months of account open date. Platinum Plus Visa and Preferred Visa cardholders are not eligible for the additional 15,000 bonus miles promotion. Bonus Miles will be credited to your Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan™ account 3–4 weeks after approval/qualification.

Now, have there been any past or recent data from anyone applying without being an Elite MP and getting the 40K miles offer?

Last edited by MVF Trekker; Jun 2, 2014 at 1:25 am
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New Visa Signature cardholders that are also Alaska Airlines Elite Mileage Plan members (MVP, MVP Gold, MVP Gold 75K) at the time of qualifying will receive 15,000 additional miles after making at least $10,000 in net purchases in the first six months of account open date.
Oh, yet another so-called 40k offer. Again, it's not 40k "at once". It's simply a 25k offer plus 2.5x miles on $10k of purchases. (Ie, on $10k of purchases, you'd already earn at least 10k miles, so adding 15k bonus miles, it' just 25k total miles for $10k of spend.) Doesn't seem a very great return (compared to to 25k with no spend!).

Just like with other so-called 40k offers (which just require big spend to get beyond 25k), it seems better to simply churn the 25k card (or 30k card) a second time in those 6 months and not worry about whether you could get the 2.5x offer as a non-elite.

But if this offer is really important to you, I suggest you go to the Alaska forum and figure out if there's a way you can get a status match (remember, though, a status match even if possible is probably once in a lifetime, so be sure it's worth "blowing it" on a 2.5x offer).
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:17 pm

Oh, yet another so-called 40k offer. Again, it's not 40k "at once". It's simply a 25k offer plus 2.5x miles on $10k of purchases. (Ie, on $10k of purchases, you'd already earn at least 10k miles, so adding 15k bonus miles, it' just 25k total miles for $10k of spend.) Doesn't seem a very great return (compared to to 25k with no spend!).

Just like with other so-called 40k offers (which just require big spend to get beyond 25k), it seems better to simply churn the 25k card (or 30k card) a second time in those 6 months and not worry about whether you could get the 2.5x offer as a non-elite.......
It's a good point but with the 25K offer, I end up with twice the number of HPs after repeated churning, which may cause me to get denied for other lucrative offers at other banks. I also suspect they don't verify status to get you approved or even afterwards to get the additional bonus miles.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:29 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
gotta love BofA and TU. even after Citi was acting up with the last Exec app citing too many inq (on EXP I presume while also counting EQ and TU for some reason), BofA approved me for 2 new accounts and almost 1.5x'd my already generous limit on the AS Air card #1.

so I can confirm you can apply and get approved for both the personal (#2) as well as the biz (#1) Visa Sig on the same day. not sure if there is a limit to how many biz cards one can have concurrently or even personal for that matter. but anyways should have applied for biz when I applied for personal #1 -- if only I knew I could.

anyways personal #1 is still open and I applied about ~2 months after my last BofA app #1. someone earlier in the thread said they applied and got approved after a month and a half, I was on track to do that but didnt wanna risk applying too early after a recent mini-AoR (which was admittedly EXP heavy) ... so perhaps it wouldnt have mattered.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, United, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by FTRox87
gotta love BofA and TU. even after Citi was acting up with the last Exec app citing too many inq (on EXP I presume while also counting EQ and TU for some reason), BofA approved me for 2 new accounts and almost 1.5x'd my already generous limit on the AS Air card #1.

so I can confirm you can apply and get approved for both the personal (#2) as well as the biz (#1) Visa Sig on the same day. not sure if there is a limit to how many biz cards one can have concurrently or even personal for that matter. but anyways should have applied for biz when I applied for personal #1 -- if only I knew I could.

anyways personal #1 is still open and I applied about ~2 months after my last BofA app #1. someone earlier in the thread said they applied and got approved after a month and a half, I was on track to do that but didnt wanna risk applying too early after a recent mini-AoR (which was admittedly EXP heavy) ... so perhaps it wouldnt have mattered.
I am also inclined towards applying for this credit card but Citi has spoiled me (specially on the HPs). I got approved for Exec#4 and this was my 7th HP on experian. Can you confirm if BoA pulls only TU? If yes, then I would apply this along with exec#5 and Amex SPG.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:20 pm

Last year BoA pulled EXP for me. I live in CA. I'm wondering if I freeze EXP if I can get them to pull TU or EQ, which only Barclays seems to do with any regularity for me.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I also suspect they don't verify status to get you approved or even afterwards to get the additional bonus miles.
And you base that suspicion on what?

In the US Airways 30k thread, there are many examples of people who were denied for not having status. Yes, it's a different card and a different airline and a different bank, but if Barclays can and often does verify status with US Airways, on what do you base your suspicion that BofA can't/won't with Alaska?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:00 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by animesh42001
I am also inclined towards applying for this credit card but Citi has spoiled me (specially on the HPs). I got approved for Exec#4 and this was my 7th HP on experian. Can you confirm if BoA pulls only TU? If yes, then I would apply this along with exec#5 and Amex SPG.
for me they only pull TU, but its gonna differ from location to location, person to person among other factors.

if you dont have an account with BofA, it might be worth applying for one to get your bearings right. whats the worse that could happen?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:38 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
I'm thinking out aloud here.. I manufacture spend with the arrival card. So 10k spending means $220. That same 10k would yield me 25k AS miles.

So by not applying for the 25k+$100 credit offer, I'm effectively buying 25k AS miles for $320. I only have 45k AS miles currently and my goal is to collect enough for 2 coach europe tickets for next year (130k) and a possible alaska trip. I'll also be transferring 40k SPG points to end up with

After this month, I'll only have 4 inquiries on EXP. So I'm thinking it may be a good idea for me to get the 40k offer right now and then get the 25k+$100 offer after 91 days.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:44 pm
Used to be highman123

Potential additional 2,500 Alaska Airlines bonus points?

Found this in the Alaska Airlines magazine:

I could not find this information online anywhere.

It features an additional bonus of 2,500 Alaska Mileage Plan miles when signing up for the Alaska Airlines Visa SignatureŽ Card before June 1st. There is no extra code required.

Details on the blog.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:01 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

It is June 3rd
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:10 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait

Pic looks like it says starting June 1.
2500 is not a big bonus, but I guess it's 2500 more than not getting it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.