Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2015, 10:13 am

Unhappy

Originally Posted by ninim2200
I applied 6 months ago for a business card, i have had my business since 2008, my application went to pending so i called and the amount of questions i got was insane, i never in my life answered so many detailed questions from how many clients do i have to what software do i use, mid through the conversation i was going to tell the CSR to take that card and shove it you know where, but i kept it cool and went with it and i got the card, but i will never call them again for a business card, it was ridiculous, on the other hand another a family member got the card no questions asked, and he has no business..., so if you really want the card and you have the docs they want you can send it, if its not worth it for you don't do it.

Sounds like Chase --- i just was apprvd - not a single question other some security ones
Old Sep 25, 2015, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by ninim2200
do you feel lucky to apply for one more, or do you think that this is worth Alaska looking at your account and may be hijack the miles from it, you are the only judge to your situation.
I never use LUCK - I was only trying to find out if it is "all over" multi cards - or are some still doing more than one and NOT having any problems -- from your reply sounds like --be safe rather than sorry

a big deference between getting 2 personal cards and 4 -- 2 cards are not unheard of - 4 sure raises a red flag -- still I will wait a few months
Old Sep 25, 2015, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by SPLP007
I never use LUCK - I was only trying to find out if it is "all over" multi cards - or are some still doing more than one and NOT having any problems -- from your reply sounds like --be safe rather than sorry

a big deference between getting 2 personal cards and 4 -- 2 cards are not unheard of - 4 sure raises a red flag -- still I will wait a few months
the red flag is when Alaska for whatever reason start looking at your account which happened in the past when people were getting multiple bonuses into their accounts in a short period of time. I understand how tempting it is to push the envelope, i do it all the time, but if we all keep pushing it at the same time, we will break it.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lw7878
The $100 statement credit wasn't mentioned in any of the three mails (i.e. congratulations with credit score, PIN number, and the card) I received. I am keeping my fingers crossed to see it on the next statement.
I just got a separate letter mentioning the $100 statement credit, several weeks after getting the card. I don't remember it being mentioned on any previous letter.

I was already a substantial way into the spend before getting this confirmation.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I just got a separate letter mentioning the $100 statement credit, several weeks after getting the card. I don't remember it being mentioned on any previous letter.

I was already a substantial way into the spend before getting this confirmation.
Guess what, I also received the same letter in the mail box today -- nearly two weeks after getting the card.

One odd thing is that BoA called me yesterday to say "welcome" and went over the personal AS card benefits. I never had any bank called me for that reason. How unusual (to me at least)!
Old Sep 26, 2015, 10:10 am

Going back for seconds...

As an FYI, I applied for a second personal Alaska card after about 65 days from first. Went through as deferred. Then I applied almost immediately for some other BofA cash back card that was also deferred.

After a few days of both still showing pending called in. Analyst noted they were assumed duplicates. Told her I wanted a 2nd BofA card to separate my expenses and when I didn't get the other Alaska card I decided to apply for the other card in case I couldn't have 2 Alaska cards. At this point I was trying to play the reasonable angle and she asked if I could only have one card before her review, which card did I want? I told her the Alaska.

She puts me on hold and comes back with the BS they want to see more history (even though I still have an Amex card with them for over 10 years). After phone call, both apps go to denied online so can't call back on other.

Net credit pull results are that the 2 aps were combined on Experian. Then the review with the analyst for me 1 more on TU. So not a huge hit overall.

So, I think trying to go back before 90 days is highly risky with BofA. However if you do get an instant approval, it does look like you get a potential "free" try with another BofA card that day based on no additional credit pull. Have no idea if a business card would be combined.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by teammjs
Have no idea if a business card would be combined.
Unless somebody has different experience, I have 4 data points in the past 6 months that business card inquiry does NOT combine with personal one.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, United
Originally Posted by johnnie198x
Unless somebody has different experience, I have 4 data points in the past 6 months that business card inquiry does NOT combine with personal one.
Applied for both personal and business cards in one day; they pulled EX for personal and TU for business.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by johnnie198x
My wife and I applied for personal and business in June on the same day. Both applications pulled EX so both were combined for both of us.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:46 am

Hi Everyone! I applied for Amtrak and Alaska card the other day. Amtrak was immediately approved, Alaska went into review (I did not call up) Checked status online and was approved for Alaska a few hours later (Signature). This was my second Alaska card - first one was back in June, -- I received the $100 credit with card #1. Does anyone know if I can receive the $100 statement credit a second time? (I used the application link with 100 credit for card #2 and I used my same Alaska mileage plan number) I don't want to waste 1000 on spend if I'm not going to get $100 credit. Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 30, 2015, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Flygirl98
Hi Everyone! I applied for Amtrak and Alaska card the other day. Amtrak was immediately approved, Alaska went into review (I did not call up) Checked status online and was approved for Alaska a few hours later (Signature). This was my second Alaska card - first one was back in June, -- I received the $100 credit with card #1. Does anyone know if I can receive the $100 statement credit a second time? (I used the application link with 100 credit for card #2 and I used my same Alaska mileage plan number) I don't want to waste 1000 on spend if I'm not going to get $100 credit. Thanks in advance!
I would bet you're fine, but worst case why don't you wait a few weeks to see if you get a letter in the mail explaining that perk like almost everyone seems to have gotten? Or just SM and play dumb and ask in that specific account of there is any statement credit offer.

Did you have your old Alaska card from June still open when you applied?
Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by teammjs
I would bet you're fine, but worst case why don't you wait a few weeks to see if you get a letter in the mail explaining that perk like almost everyone seems to have gotten? Or just SM and play dumb and ask in that specific account of there is any statement credit offer.

Did you have your old Alaska card from June still open when you applied?
Thanks! That's a good idea, I'll wait for the letter and/or ask when I activate the card. Card #1 is still open. I met the 1000 spend and haven't used it since then. I reduced the credit line a few weeks ago in anticipation of applying for the Amtrak card (Thanks to tips from Brugge). Several hours after applying for the Amtrak card, I decided to "live a little" and applied for the Alaska card full well knowing I was not going to call reconsideration. Lo and behold - an approval a few hours later. Made my day! Marking my calendar for 1/1/16
Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:47 am

Has it started taking longer for the companion certificate to post to your alaska account? Previously I used to see the code even before I got my approved card, this time its been around 10 days since card approval (and I've gotten the card/activated it/spent on it), but still no discount code showing up.

Any other data points?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by nomii
Has it started taking longer for the companion certificate to post to your alaska account? Previously I used to see the code even before I got my approved card, this time its been around 10 days since card approval (and I've gotten the card/activated it/spent on it), but still no discount code showing up.

Any other data points?
The paperwork I got with my recently approved business card said it will arrive AFTER the first purchase (same with the bonus points). Apparently this is different than the personal card, which shows up almost right away (based on my experience last year and a recent convo. with AS).

I am still waiting for my first anniversary companion fare to show up for my personal visa sig card .. I called AS and they said it can show up 4 weeks after the first card anniversary.

Grrrrr.. the whole reason I signed up for the business card was to get the companion fare asap.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
I applied for a personal Alaska card #1 on 7/15 with a targeted invitation code (30K miles) and was approved.

I received another invitation code for a personal Alaska card (30K miles) that would expire 10/4...so I applied today 10/2 and I got "We're sorry but we are unable to give you a decision at this time."

Would you guys call in or wait it out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.