Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: SPG, SW Air, AA, all of'em!
Originally Posted by Brugge
If you've had that personal AS card for over 3 months, it's time to apply for another one, regardless of upcoming travel plans.

No need to close a single AS card before applying for another one. But if you have a fairly high CL, and fairly high is lower for B of A than for most other banks, you might want to lower the CL on the open card a few weeks before applying for another one. It takes a CL of $5K to get a Sig card, but once it's issued there is no problem lowering the CL to say $3K to make it easier to get an instant approval on a second card.
Like Brugge and I said, time to apply for BOTH new personal and Biz cards. DO not have to close the first pers card. You will get a separate CL for each; those cards are issued by separate departments.

:::::> AND if 50K miles and TWO companion certs on Alaska don't do it, only 25K Korean Air miles, round trip, from anywhere in US to Hawaii, will allow you to fly on Delta (their partner) from AND to Austin / Wash / wherever to Hawaii, R/T. You will have to call the Korean Air reservation desk, not bookable online, and you should do ASAP, if you take this option.

Consider applying for the Korean Air Visa, pers and Biz versions, giving 20K miles after first use, each, if applied for by Sep 30, and a 10K referral in addition, if you "refer" another family member who signs up ... get creative and you will succeed!
http://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/of...=33684&lang=en

Last edited by fletchbo; Sep 17, 2015 at 7:05 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 17, 2015, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by fletchbo
M3lissa, do you have an Alaska Air Sig personal or BIZ card yourself? If your income is MUCH higher than your daughter's, and you have one or less existing Alaska Air cards, and you have not applied in the last 90 days nor do you have more than perhaps 5 inquiries in the last yr, you should apply for BOTH the Alaska Air Sig personal AND BIZ
Is this a hard rule, fetchbo? Is this what everyone else is finding? How do you, Brugge, apply then? What is the maximum inquiries everyone has had that got a card. FYI I have no BOA cards, but had a mortgage with them years ago. And I have about 12 inquires in the last year.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7
I currently have 3 open AS cards. All 3 have had credit lines lowered to $5K. 3 questions:

1. Should I close one before I try for another?

2. How many open AS cards have you had while still being approved for another?

3. How low can one lower a credit line on the Signature version?

Thanks!
I only know the answer to # 3. I have lowered an AS Sig card to $2K.

$1K would probably work, but I didn't try for that.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 10:50 am

It has been my experience, in two other cases, that "pending" for a second card takes 1 - 2 weeks to show up online, and 2 weeks to receive card in mail. Patience pays off.
Yup, I will sit tight.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 11:08 am

I reduced the limit to $1k on a card I received over three months ago but was still denied for a second. At the time Exp was 749. Tried recon through chat and was told they do not reconsider applications after a decision has been made. Lies...lol. Guess I'll call later today.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 12:17 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
I received an invite for the card with a special link and number ( good till Oct 4th)
I just applied using the wiki link included my Alaska air # with the $100 statement and $1k minimum and got instant approval with a very high CL of 18k
I am in no hurry to get the miles but wondered if I should go ahead and apply with the invite number ( even though it has the $75 fee and no statement) would that have better odds of being instantly approved?
First BOA card.. only opened 2 other cards this year. Pulled Experian score 791

Last edited by duranza; Sep 17, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Old Sep 17, 2015, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by duranza
I received an invite for the card with a special link and number ( good till Oct 4th)
I just applied using the wiki link included my Alaska air # with the $100 statement and $1k minimum and got instant approval with a very high CL of 18k
I am in no hurry to get the miles but wondered if I should go ahead and apply with the invite number ( even though it has the $75 fee and no statement) would that have better odds of being instantly approved?
First BOA card.. only opened 2 other cards this year. Pulled Experian score 791
You can apply for card #2 using the same link as the first one ($100 credit one) as many of us are getting approved for card #2 from the same link.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 6:31 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tom Schneider
Is this a hard rule, fetchbo? Is this what everyone else is finding? How do you, Brugge, apply then? What is the maximum inquiries everyone has had that got a card. FYI I have no BOA cards, but had a mortgage with them years ago. And I have about 12 inquires in the last year.
It is hard to say anything is a hard rule with B of A ... I have been following this Alaska Air forum for at least 6 mos, several time weekly, not to mention my own quarterly churns, and these statements are really strong suggestions based upon everything I have seen. B of A is one of the most inconsistent banks out there IMO, so if you try something and dislike the result, HUCA!

In your case, even with 12 inquiries I would apply if you need AS miles (are inq all same bureau, and are you certain of which bureau B of A will check in your region?) If you have no B of A cards, I would try for one Alaska personal at least, and perhaps one biz if you get instant approval on the personal card.

Good luck.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 10:52 am

Anyone else get the email about the Canlis dinner?

I spontaneously signed up myself and my wife up. 12.5k per person for a dinner and wine pairing at Canlis isn't too bad.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Jesperss
Anyone else get the email about the Canlis dinner?

I spontaneously signed up myself and my wife up. 12.5k per person for a dinner and wine pairing at Canlis isn't too bad.
Whoa! I didn't get that email but I am curious. Do you have any more info?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, United
Originally Posted by diseased
I reduced the limit to $1k on a card I received over three months ago but was still denied for a second. At the time Exp was 749. Tried recon through chat and was told they do not reconsider applications after a decision has been made. Lies...lol. Guess I'll call later today.
Update? Also, has anyone had success recently freezing EX and getting Bof A to pull another CB?
Old Sep 19, 2015, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
If you've had that personal AS card for over 3 months, it's time to apply for another one, regardless of upcoming travel plans.

No need to close a single AS card before applying for another one. But if you have a fairly high CL, and fairly high is lower for B of A than for most other banks, you might want to lower the CL on the open card a few weeks before applying for another one. It takes a CL of $5K to get a Sig card, but once it's issued there is no problem lowering the CL to say $3K to make it easier to get an instant approval on a second card.
I applied for the Alaska business card yesterday, after lowering the CL on an existing BofA card I've had for some time (I was told the CL change would be reflected immediately - which it was in online banking - hopefully this is correct).

Originally Posted by traveler9020
I'm not sure it matter which one you apply for. With a daughter in Seattle, you may want to apply for both cards. Whatever you decide, please check back and give us an update.

Best wishes and good luck!
Thank you for the nudge. I actually solved my daughters companion fare issue in a different way. Her father, my ex, allowed her to use his companion fare for her and her boyfriend. But then a new problem cropped up.. when I called Alaska a few months ago I was told the companion fare code would appear in my account within a few days of the anniversary date. When I called yesterday I was told it could be 4-6 weeks after my anniversary date... thus applying for the business card may get me a companion code sooner. I guess I will find out
Old Sep 20, 2015, 10:00 am

So I got the 25k points for card #1 the day after the card was approved. But for card #2 it was approved a few days ago and still no points from that card. I really hope they're not going to screw me for card #2.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 3:48 pm

B of A Checking acct Alaska 25K bonus offer

Has anyone recently been targeted for the Bank of America Bank account Alaska 25K bonus offer, where you get a 25K Alaska miles bonus after two 2K + direct deposits are made into the checking account?

If so, how long does it take B of A to post the Alaska miles to the Alaska MP acct?
Old Sep 20, 2015, 5:44 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Has anyone recently been targeted for the Bank of America Bank account Alaska 25K bonus offer, where you get a 25K Alaska miles bonus after two 2K + direct deposits are made into the checking account?

If so, how long does it take B of A to post the Alaska miles to the Alaska MP acct?
There's a whole separate thread on this subject. Short answer: the last report I saw in the time for points posting after the 2nd DD was about 2 weeks. That said, my 2nd DD was almost 3 weeks ago, and I haven't seen points yet, so YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.