Wiki Posts
Search

Credit card(s) to apply for next

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2012, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus Gold
Credit card(s) to apply for next

I usually fly Star Alliance, just booked US to Africa in biz class for 2012 end. I'm looking to replenish miles. I have a UA MC, Visa and biz Visa, plus SW visa from Chase. Knowing the UA/CO merger date is March 3, should I apply for CO Onepass card to get the miles and with hope it will transfer to the Explorer card post merger or go for Chase Sapphire before they withdraw the 50,000. If anyone thinks it's likely the Sapphire offer will remain for awhile, I could try for it later. I am willing to drop at least the SW Visa. Should I do that before any new apps? Thanks !
Old Feb 6, 2012, 4:04 pm
Formerly known as gwhit21

Programs: All of them.
I would go for the Sapphire, but that's just me. No one knows when the 50,000 is going away, but if it goes up, you can always send a secure message.

Also, don't cancel any Chase cards before you apply. You may need it during the reconsideration phone call.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by gwhit21
I would go for the Sapphire, but that's just me. No one knows when the 50,000 is going away, but if it goes up, you can always send a secure message.

Also, don't cancel any Chase cards before you apply. You may need it during the reconsideration phone call.
Thanks for the reply. I did just that today and was instantly approved. It's the card I wanted. I might press my luck and try for something else in a month or so.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 7:19 am
Formerly known as gwhit21

Programs: All of them.
Congrats! If you do press your luck it may be wise to hold off on another Chase card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.