Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Credit Card Churning Schedule

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2012, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by agp423
"The days of churning the same cards every 90 days are pretty much dead," but the days of churning the same card every 18+ months is still alive?
Possibly. From looking at your posts you appear to be fixated on finding a card that you can get over and over again. Most of the card companies are tightening up on that sort of behavior. Fortunately there are many cards with bonuses right now. I think a better way to play this game is to think of a trip you would like to take, then look at available cards with bonuses and try to identify three or four cards that could make that particular trip happen for you. That way you will not be applying for cards that are not useful to you. Think about if you are interested in a trip in the US or abroad, where would you like to go. Identify which airlines, hotels, general travel rewards cards have bonuses that can make the trip happen for you. There is no need to find one card that you can get over and over again.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 9:46 am

My question is about citi. I have had a citi AA card for years, and was wondering if I needed to cancel the card and wait the 18-24 months to reapply, or if I could reapply sooner. Asked another way, does the 18-24 months timeline start from card approval or card cancellation. I've read different opinions in other forums.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by tim2977
My question is about citi. I have had a citi AA card for years, and was wondering if I needed to cancel the card and wait the 18-24 months to reapply, or if I could reapply sooner. Asked another way, does the 18-24 months timeline start from card approval or card cancellation. I've read different opinions in other forums.
You will find much useful information at this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ey-appear.html

My personal experience was that I did not need to close my current Citi AA Visa in order to be approved for an additional Citi AA visa AND AA AM EX. I applied for both new cards at same time. I had held the existing AA Visa for 21 months at that time.

I understood the timeline began at approval.

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.