Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED?] Choice Privileges 40,000 bonus points with Visa Signature

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED?] Choice Privileges 40,000 bonus points with Visa Signature

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2012, 5:21 pm

Yes. I used the link in the blog.
Old May 12, 2012, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by tylergupku
Yes. I used the link in the blog.
Link no longer working.
Old May 12, 2012, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Link no longer working.
Link works for me. The one for the application page that is. Link
Old May 12, 2012, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by samdori
Link works for me. The one for the application page that is. Link
The link in the OP leads to a website & that 40K link does not work. Can you tell us where your link comes from? It doesn't say anything about the number of points you will receive. Just trying to sort things out! Cheers.
Old May 12, 2012, 9:52 pm

The link in the OP leads to a website & that 40K link does not work. Can you tell us where your link comes from? It doesn't say anything about the number of points you will receive. Just trying to sort things out! Cheers.
The link I posted is also from that website. It is the link posted right above the expired one that says "apply for a Choice Privileges Visa credit card and earn up to 40,000 bonus Choice points". I believe this is the link previous posters have been using to get the 40,000 points.
Old May 12, 2012, 9:59 pm

Programs: Lotz
It's 40K Link

Always read the T&C to verify bonuses on Barclays and BofA

Bonus Points

First Use Points - All Cardmembers will earn 24,000 Points upon the first use of the Account for a purchase or balance transfer.

First Stay Points – Cardmembers will also earn an additional 16,000 Points after the first paid stay with their new Account at a Comfort Inn®,.........
Old May 12, 2012, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by samdori
The link I posted is also from that website. It is the link posted right above the expired one that says "apply for a Choice Privileges Visa credit card and earn up to 40,000 bonus Choice points". I believe this is the link previous posters have been using to get the 40,000 points.
Thanks, samdori. I did not click on that link. It worked for a poster a month ago so maybe it still is active. YMMV.
Old May 13, 2012, 6:36 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
The link samdori posted looks to be the same link that has worked for many months now. The details of the deal (24 K + 16K, etc.) are in the terms and conditions.
Old May 13, 2012, 8:25 am

I applied for this offer and received my card. After checking my statement I noticed that I was awarded only 16,000 points (8,000 plus 8,000). When checking with call center I was told that I was approved for 16,000 points, not the 40,000 points. Since they were unwilling to make the adjustment, I cancelled my card.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:35 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Originally Posted by Oysters
I applied for this offer and received my card. After checking my statement I noticed that I was awarded only 16,000 points (8,000 plus 8,000). When checking with call center I was told that I was approved for 16,000 points, not the 40,000 points. Since they were unwilling to make the adjustment, I cancelled my card.
Oysters, did you stay at a Choice property and still not get the additional 24,000 pts or did they tell you that you did not apply under that promo and would not get them?
Old Jun 30, 2012, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Frenchie Flyer
Oysters, did you stay at a Choice property and still not get the additional 24,000 pts or did they tell you that you did not apply under that promo and would not get them?
The additional pts would be 16K, not 24K. The 24K was for "first use" and the 16K after a stay. http://www.awardguru.com/blog/?p=582 I think there was another offer for only 16K floating around.

"24,000 after first use and 16,000 more after your first stay paid with this card"
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:20 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
The additional pts would be 16K, not 24K. The 24K was for "first use" and the 16K after a stay. http://www.awardguru.com/blog/?p=582 I think there was another offer for only 16K floating around.

"24,000 after first use and 16,000 more after your first stay paid with this card"
I have found with Barclay's is nearly impossible to get an answer that is not from a answer tree, even from a super and since honoring T&C like this is not in the answer tree the outsourced reps just answer with non-sense.
I think that if you want to get the points u just have to sue.

So the link or honoring the offer is dead eh?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by frank_10b
I have found with Barclay's is nearly impossible to get an answer that is not from a answer tree, even from a super and since honoring T&C like this is not in the answer tree the outsourced reps just answer with non-sense.
I think that if you want to get the points u just have to sue.

So the link or honoring the offer is dead eh?
The terms and conditions of the application still read:
First Use Points - All Cardmembers will earn 24,000 Points upon the first use of the Account for a purchase or balance transfer.

First Stay Points – Cardmembers will also earn an additional 16,000 Points after the first paid stay with their new Account at a Comfort Inn®, Comfort Suites®, Quality®, Sleep Inn®, Clarion®, Ascend Collection®, Cambria Suites®, MainStay Suites®, Suburban Extended Stay®, Econo Lodge® or Rodeway Inn® hotel in the U.S.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by onthego15

First Stay Points – Cardmembers will also earn an additional 16,000 Points after the first paid stay with their new Account at a Comfort Inn®, Comfort Suites®, Quality®, Sleep Inn®, Clarion®, Ascend Collection®, Cambria Suites®, MainStay Suites®, Suburban Extended Stay®, Econo Lodge® or Rodeway Inn® hotel in the U.S.
This is how it worked for me. Also it's a no annual fee card, win win. ^
Old Oct 15, 2012, 9:34 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by onthego15

If you are not getting your due, PM me maybe we can sue them.
its impossible to argue with their outsoured csr in my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.