Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Lender, Multiple Apps on same day

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2011, 8:51 am

Lender: Citi
Cards: Citi Platinum Select AA Visa Signature & Citi Select AA American Express (both personal)
Approved: Instant. Both.
Inquires: 1
Date: May 17, 2011
Old Nov 23, 2011, 9:08 am
Suspended

Lender: Chase
Cards: Southwest and Southwest business
Approved: Called Chase 3 days after apps, was told they were both denyed due to being maxed on credit that chase would offer (I expected this). Offered to close exisitng cards in return for approval of the new ones and this was granted. What I didn't expect was that they'd pull the credt a 2nd time for each.
Inquiries: 4 - yes 4
Date: Nov 2011
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:34 am

Lender: Citibank
Cards: Thank You Premier and HHonors Visa personal
Approved: Both approved instantly, online using two-browser trick.
Inquiries: 2 - both equifax (MD) one listed as CITI one as CNBA
Old Dec 9, 2011, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Cards: Southwest and Southwest business
Approved: Called Chase 3 days after apps, was told they were both denyed due to being maxed on credit that chase would offer (I expected this). Offered to close exisitng cards in return for approval of the new ones and this was granted. What I didn't expect was that they'd pull the credt a 2nd time for each.
Inquiries: 4 - yes 4
How many cards did you have with Chase at the time?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: Curr Noob, Ex Road Warrior
I do not have any chase cards and am thinking of applying for three card. Saphire, Ink Bold and Priority Club. I have excellent credit and i only applied for 5 new cards in the last few years. All of them are this year and 3 with Amex and 2 with Citi. When I looked on credit secure it seems like I have 8 inquiries on EXP but only 1 each or so on EQU and TU. What is the best sequence to apply for the above three cards and get approved? Thanks.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:31 pm

For those that applied for multiple Chase cards on the same day, and had to call the reconsideration line, what reason did you give for wanting more than one card?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bartman9
For those that applied for multiple Chase cards on the same day, and had to call the reconsideration line, what reason did you give for wanting more than one card?
There are various responses you could give. I think you should focus more on why each card is justified than on why two cards at once are needed.

Recently, I have explained to Chase that I needed a separate card for business expenses (this is most useful when you are applying for both a business and personal card).

You may also explain how your travel patterns would make the specific card particularly useful. For instance, if you live in Denver you would primarily fly United. Your company may use Hyatt as a preferred hotel partner, particularly in a city you regularly visit. You may be saving for a family trip to desination X, which is served by airline Y from your home/the nearest hub.

Stay away from the topic of sign-up bonus but focus on the benefits the card provides that will give you an incentive to put much of your spending on that card.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:25 pm

I called the reconsideration line and didn't make as much progress as I hoped.

Some background:
Yesterday I applied online for my wife for the Chase Marriott card and was instantly approved. After that I applied for the Sapphire card also and it said pending approval.

So I had my wife call today and then give phone to me. The CSR said it was rejected just because of two applications so close together. I asked what we could do and she said she could reconsider it. So I asked her to do that. She put me on hold for a couple of minutes to review the application. Then she came back and asked questions about what she saw on the application and credit report. After reviewing it, she said she would send all information to the right people for review and I would know within two weeks.

I was hoping for her to tell me she would approve it. But, she didn't do that. I fear that means it will just be rejected. Anyone else have an experience like this? Any suggestions? Should I call back in a couple of days?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA, CO, AA, USAir
Date: August 2011
Lender: Amex
Cards: Spg Biz + Amex Gold Biz
Method: two browsers
Results: One instant, one immediately after calling
Inquiries: 1 (Experian)
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:38 am
Formerly known as gwhit21

Programs: All of them.
Cards: Ink Bold Biz and United Explorer (in that order)
Results: approved for both via the reconsideration phone call. I didn't have to close any existing credit accounts or move over any credit. Score.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:46 pm

Cards: SW Personal & SW Biz
Method: Two different IP, Two different Computers at the same time (just trying to be out of the box)
Results: SW personal was approved by email (but not instantly). SW Biz was reject for being too many inquiries. I was dragging my feet and let the 30 day window to call reconsideration line to expired. Will apply for the biz again 6 months later.
Inquiries: Did not check. I don't churn that often.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by TheManofaThousandPlaces
Lender: American Express
Cards: Gold Business, SPG Business, and Delta SkyMiles Business (3 business cards)
Approved: Instant approval for two, declined for Delta SkyMiles Business
Inquiries: 1

I was told that Amex only permits approval of 2 cards within a 90 day period.
Yes, agree. I have done Gold personl and Gold Biz before and both were instant approvals.

Last edited by windcloud5; Feb 2, 2012 at 10:53 pm Reason: spelling error

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.