Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Hilton HHonors AmEx - 60,000 points after $750 spend in 3 months

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Hilton HHonors AmEx - 60,000 points after $750 spend in 3 months

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2012, 9:00 am
Suspended

I could see keeping it if I actually used it more often. I decided to switch back about three weeks ago, because I could not justify the yearly fee (at least in my own mind). With the deals going on now with Marriott and Club Carlson, I haven't been spending as much time at Hilton like I used to.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT, AS MVPG, AR PLT,SPG GOLD
I had the same issue..I spent $ 765 but only received the 20k after 1st purchase about two weeks ago .I Sent a secured message awaiting response for the other 40k..I'll try to update results.My statement just closed.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 8:02 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
I could see keeping it if I actually used it more often. I decided to switch back about three weeks ago, because I could not justify the yearly fee (at least in my own mind). With the deals going on now with Marriott and Club Carlson, I haven't been spending as much time at Hilton like I used to.
Year fee? I thought there is no annual fee at all?

Also is there a deadline when the offer expires?
Old Jan 25, 2012, 8:04 pm
Suspended

I do believe the Surpass has at least a $75 year fee, whereas the "regular" Hilton Honors has no fee.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 8:05 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
I do believe the Surpass has at least a $75 year fee, whereas the "regular" Hilton Honors has no fee.
Oh okay I got it. I thought you mean this 1 nvm. Is the Surpass offer better?
Old Jan 25, 2012, 9:50 pm

I literally just applied and was approved for the 40K Hilton AMEX with no annual fee. Has anyone successfully asked for 20K more points on this?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by dovergator
I literally just applied and was approved for the 40K Hilton AMEX with no annual fee. Has anyone successfully asked for 20K more points on this?
I would try to get the bump.

By the way the Surpass includes A complimentary Priority Pass membership. But you still need to pay $27 each time you go is that correct? I thought with Priority Pass membership you can visit how ever many times you want and don't need to pay anything else?

So if that's the case only + is Gold instead of Silver correct? Still same 60K points, and less spend $750 instead of 3K.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 5:51 am

I would not call until after the $750 is spent. Maybe they give you 20K up front.
If we're talking about the offer referenced in the title of this thread, there's no up-front 20K. I did this offer last year & got a single 60K bonus shortly after hitting the spend target.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by World-Wide
I would try to get the bump.

By the way the Surpass includes A complimentary Priority Pass membership. But you still need to pay $27 each time you go is that correct? I thought with Priority Pass membership you can visit how ever many times you want and don't need to pay anything else?

So if that's the case only + is Gold instead of Silver correct? Still same 60K points, and less spend $750 instead of 3K.
that is the main plus its instant gold instead of silver, both cards have option of earning gold via 20k annual spend, the surpass card also offers the benefit of diamond if you spend 40k annualy. I upgraded to the surpass last october. it is my undstanding that if you get the surpass card you can later downgrade to the regular and get your fe prorated back but you get to keep the gold status, if you were to get surpass now you would get gold all 2012, all 2013 and thru march 2014.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EX PLT, AS MVPG, AR PLT,SPG GOLD
I received the email from amex claiming the other 40k hilton points would post between 8-12 weeks..as the first 20k posted after first purchase which was not the agreement.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by bilah1
I received the email from amex claiming the other 40k hilton points would post between 8-12 weeks..as the first 20k posted after first purchase which was not the agreement.
try contacting them via ask amex on twitter. i had a problem with my surpass upgrade points 3 months and about 8 phone call and got nothing, 2 hours after i wrote to ask amex on twitter they confirmd it was fixed and points posted the next day
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:59 pm

Got Initial 20k Immediately After First Purchase

I confirm as well intial 20k after first purchase. Met the 750 spend and first billing cycle just closed. Anyone able to confirm the remaining 40k after second billing cycle?

Thanks.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by particlemn
that is the main plus its instant gold instead of silver, both cards have option of earning gold via 20k annual spend, the surpass card also offers the benefit of diamond if you spend 40k annualy. I upgraded to the surpass last october. it is my undstanding that if you get the surpass card you can later downgrade to the regular and get your fe prorated back but you get to keep the gold status, if you were to get surpass now you would get gold all 2012, all 2013 and thru march 2014.
Okay thank you for the info.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by moneybags1
I confirm as well intial 20k after first purchase. Met the 750 spend and first billing cycle just closed. Anyone able to confirm the remaining 40k after second billing cycle?

Thanks.
I got the Surplus in Oct for 60K for 3000 spend. First 20K posted after first purchase, but the remaining 40K took 12 weeks after meeting the spend, and required me to make two phone calls and send three emails before I finally got it. If this promo is anything like that you may have to wait a while.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 9:11 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by msc75
I got the Surplus in Oct for 60K for 3000 spend. First 20K posted after first purchase, but the remaining 40K took 12 weeks after meeting the spend, and required me to make two phone calls and send three emails before I finally got it. If this promo is anything like that you may have to wait a while.
Somewhat surprised that people have been facing so many problems. My points posted right after meeting the spending requirements (even before the statements closed!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.