Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Hilton HHonors AmEx - 60,000 points after $750 spend in 3 months

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Greetings all,

Just received an email from Hilton regarding a bonus offer. Did a brief search, and didn't get any hits. Forgive me if this information is already out there. Doesn't appear to be targeted.

----------------------

Dear thtsapaddlin,

Apply now for the Hilton HHonors™ Card from American Express and you can earn up to 60,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points when you spend US$750 in the first three months of Cardmembership.1

With the Hilton HHonors program you can earn Bonus Points fast and then use them for free stays at more than 3,750 hotels and resorts in 85 countries.2 With 10 distinct hotel brands, you can find the perfect hotel for every style, occasion, or budget.

As a Cardmember, you can also enjoy

-Six HHonors Bonus Points for each eligible dollar spent at any participating hotel and resort within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands.3
-Six HHonors Bonus Points for every eligible dollar spent
on gas, groceries and more.3
-Three HHonors Bonus Points for every eligible dollar spent elsewhere.3

No annual fee for the Card.

Complimentary HHonors Silver status which includes a 15% bonus on all HHonors Base Points received. Enjoy an upgrade to Gold status when your total eligible purchases reach US$20,000 in the calendar year. 4

No expiration date on HHonors Bonus Points when you complete just one stay per year.5

Terms and Conditions

1. You will receive 60,000 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points (Bonus Points) if, within the first 90 days following the date on which your Card account was opened, you charge a total of US$750 or more of eligible purchases on your Hilton HHonors™ Card from American Express (Card) ("Threshold Amount"). The 60,000 Bonus Points will be credited to your account 8-12 weeks after you reach the Threshold Amount. Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification.

2. Hilton HHonors™ points required for a free standard room reward night range between 7,500 HHonors points for a Category 1 hotel and 50,000 HHonors points for a Category 7 hotel. 25,000 HHonors points are enough for a free reward night at a Category 1, Category 2 or Category 3 hotel. For information on reward stays, visit HHonors.com/Rewards.

3. You will receive 6 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points (Bonus Points) for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Hilton HHonors™ Card from American Express (Card) at any participating hotel within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands. You will receive 6 Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at the following categories of merchants located in the United States, excluding warehouse clubs and superstores: supermarkets, drug stores and stand- alone gas stations; and for service payments for home and wireless phone, cable, satellite TV and Internet service providers. You will receive 3 Bonus Points for each dollar of all other eligible purchases. Additional terms and conditions apply. To receive the appropriate Bonus Points, the merchants must submit the charge using the appropriate industry code, merchant code, or products / service code established by American Express. Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification.

Eligible purchases are purchases of goods or services minus returns and other credits. You will not receive Bonus Points for fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of traveler's checks, purchases or reloading of reloadable prepaid cards, or purchases of any cash equivalents. Bonus Points are calculated on the U.S. dollar value of eligible purchases as shown on your monthly account billing statement.

4. If in any calendar year of Cardmembership your total eligible purchases reach US$20,000, you will be upgraded to Hilton HHonors™ Gold status for the calendar year in which such status was earned through the end of the next calendar year. Thereafter, standard requirements must be met to maintain Gold status. Allow 10-12 weeks for your status to be upgraded. Visit HHonors.com/Terms for complete Terms and Conditions.

5. Hilton HHonors™ points have no expiration date as long as your Card is active or you earn HHonors points at least once every 12 months. Subject to Hilton HHonors Terms and Conditions, HHonors.com/Terms.

----------------------

Link: https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...BOl5jOB8d0IYM9
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:58 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Got the same thing with also the option for the Surpass Amex with a $3k spend requirement.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Deng, I was about to post the same thing but you beat me to it.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PLAT, Starwood PLT, Hilton Silver
I wonder if they increased the offer to 60K from the 50K offers that were out there and also making it a straight 60K bonus with no stay requirements unlike other offers as well due to the large devaluation of their points thanks to their new "Premium Room" only policy for some fo their best redemptions.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 1:54 am
BAK

Programs: AA/HH/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Yas46377
I wonder if they increased the offer to 60K from the 50K offers that were out there and also making it a straight 60K bonus with no stay requirements unlike other offers as well due to the large devaluation of their points thanks to their new "Premium Room" only policy for some fo their best redemptions.
I think with the current devaluation, a fair offer would be a 500K sign-up.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 2:05 am

Programs: All of em...
Anyone find an expiration date of the offer?
I didn't.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Anyone find an expiration date of the offer?
I didn't.
January 31, 2012
Old Oct 14, 2011, 9:55 am

Programs: LOL, ROFL & ...
Not even close to worth it. I second the poster above regarding needing at least 500k points to make it worth our while.

I'll be back to HHonors if they fix their mistake.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by thtsapaddlin

Hilton HHonors AmEx - 60,000 points after $750 spend in 3 months
Greetings all,
Just received an email from Hilton regarding a bonus offer. Did a brief search, and didn't get any hits. Forgive me if this information is already out there. Doesn't appear to be targeted.
Originally Posted by mgchan
Got the same thing with also the option for the Surpass Amex with a $3k spend requirement.
Upgrade to the Hilton HHonors™ Surpass® Card from American Express and you can earn 50,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points when you spend US$3,000 in the first three months of Cardmembership.2

Annual Membership Fee: Approximately 45 days after your account is upgraded, you will be charged a prorated annual fee for your new Card based on the time remaining until your next account anniversary date. You will also receive a prorated refund for any annual fee paid on your previous Card.

Annual Membership Fee US$75
The value of HH points aside, there seems to be a way to game these offers for maximum benefit with minimal cost.

Apply for and get the free card, meet the spend and get the bonuses. At 9 months after account opened, call and do the upgrade. Get another bonus and only pay Ľ of the annual fee. Possibly meet the upgraded spend within 45 days then cancel when they bill the annual fee but then they might claw back the points.

(BTW, this card may still be churnable in the traditional sense. I applied in March of this year, met all spends and got the bonuses, closed in May. I just applied again 12 days ago with instant approval. When I called to activate and confirm bonuses, they did slightly change the bonuses because I am a previous account holder, so I’ll get 5000 fewer intro bonus miles.)
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Too bad they just had a points devalue with their latest issue of Premium Awards and hotels jacking up rewards nights for the nicest ones. Can't even get 1 night with credit card offer at some hotels...
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:03 pm

And as with the 50K ofer, I see no first-time-only restriction.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by canesfan
Too bad they just had a points devalue with their latest issue of Premium Awards and hotels jacking up rewards nights for the nicest ones. Can't even get 1 night with credit card offer at some hotels...
Points are like airline miles, you have to work and be flexable to get the best deals. I just booked Bentley Miami Beach AXON 4 night 145k ($450/n) and Paris ADT for the same (over $2000 value). The 60k bonus could be worth around $800, not bad for a free card.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:47 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Just punched in a few hotels to see how much the points would be worth to me.

Some of the hotels were like $99 cash or 40k pts per night.

I think they should rename them dishhonor points

I will pass on this cc
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: *A Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC, EC Elite, Starbucks Gold :D
Dang! I applied for this card last month and had 50k points posted after $750 spend.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 2:37 pm

I'm also new to accruing Hhonors points. They are definitely worth much less than airline miles, i.e. getting 1 cent per point is a VERY good redemption whereas for airline miles that would be terrible. On the other hand the earning rate with this card is very good and much faster than for airline miles.

Keep in mind the gift card redemption level is 0.2 cpm, unlike 1cpm which is common with airline programs.

That said, if you do what you're supposed to do and use Hilton's frequent travel program for hotel stays with Hilton, the value proposition can be much better. It's still not great except for the very high-end properties though. This 60,000 bonus is more like a 20,000 airline bonus. Still nothing to sneeze at.

For my purposes AA miles are actually better for low and mid-range hotel bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.