Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

HKG and China requirements question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2023, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, DL MM

I have a bit of a confusing situation with Covid requirements - traveling later this month to China, but flying SFO-HKG, spending the night there and next day HKG to Wuhan. I can get a PCR test in Chicago, where I originate, that would meet Chinese entry requirements, but not in the 48 hours required for a direct flight from the US. As the China embassy information reads, it seems I would be considered as a traveler from HKG, but one who has been overseas in the last 7 days. I don't know if I can get a test in HKG in time to receive the result and make my flight to Wuhan.

Does anyone know if I'm reading the situation correctly, and in addition, does anyone know if I can get tested at the HKG airport for mainland China entry requirements?

Thanks and hopefully the above makes sense.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Yes, you have testing centers in HKG airport. You can find details on their website and you can even book a slot if you wish
kalderlake likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 11:45 am

Programs: AP 35K
Yes, you can test at HKIA. Check the second tab in this page: https://www.hongkongairport.com/en/COVID19.page

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.