Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

How Much Do You Personally Feel COVID Affects Your Travel in 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Much Do You Personally Feel COVID Affects Your Travel in 2023

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2023, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by bgzcle
If you don't want to mask up, then you are taking a risk (...)
We really aren't.

There are now billions of us who have had Covid and are still alive and kicking *plus* <conspiratorial whisper> turns out once you've had it and recovered from it that natural immunity is really effective in preventing infection for a significant period ... unlike the vaccines </conspiratorial whisper>.

Enjoy your flights!

Originally Posted by Repooc17
I am a healthy young person [..] Blessed to have never been have never been infected with Covid so far
Don't stress about it. No-one would say it out loud but unless you're elderly and/or obese and/or already seriously ill with something else, it's no big deal. I've never managed to trigger a positive test (despite trying quite hard), but my blood is full of the damned antibodies, so I know I've had it at least once.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
We really aren't.

There are now billions of us who have had Covid and are still alive and kicking *plus* <conspiratorial whisper> turns out once you've had it and recovered from it that natural immunity is really effective in preventing infection for a significant period ... unlike the vaccines </conspiratorial whisper>.

Enjoy your flights!
Not all of you are alive and kicking, about 7 millions are dead (a serious undercount of suppressed, undiagnosed, or delayed deaths), and several millions have long Covid or disabled.
dorisrpas, YayArea and charmatt like this.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
As someone of retirement age who is fully vaccinated, boosted, and has had the virus, and who recognizes that masks are designed to protect others from whatever illnesses we may have, I generally feel no need to mask up inflight.

I am comfortable with my decisions.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 7:34 am
Suspended

Less than 0.

I simply wouldn’t travel any place that has any restrictions, whatsoever.

I can’t think of any country off the top of my head that I care to visit that still has restrictions, but if it did, I’d simply go elsewhere.
FlyerEC, LETTERBOY and RaindropT like this.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 11:18 am

I still need to show or declare proof of vaccination to enter the US. I long ago deleted the corona app from my mobile, so it's a pain to have to make this exception.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 6:26 pm

I'm with downinit about losing three years!

While there isn't anyone per se to blame, I however irrationally blame those who insisted I not attend HK for CNY & my Goddaughter's b'day, as I had promised. So, zero effect and F'em all who says don't do this or don't do that, never again. HK is now a breeze as will Mainland soon too (just my sense of things), and any place not as open, the heck with'em too. I've got my places now and have turned the page.

Yeah, I'm still bitter over that lockdown crap...
ksucats, hurnik, LETTERBOY and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 1:06 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Going to Spain in mid April.

Two years ago, I spent a couple of days in Barcelona so I had downloaded this Spain Travel Health app, where you upload your vaccine information and maybe recent test results -- or whatever they were requiring at the time.

It came up when I was searching for something else so I opened it and it said it couldn't connect to the network. I thought my iPhone had wifi or mobile data turned off but that wasn't the case. So Spain seems to have shut it down.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 8:17 pm

Programs: Iberia
Originally Posted by frappant
Going to Spain in mid April.

Two years ago, I spent a couple of days in Barcelona so I had downloaded this Spain Travel Health app, where you upload your vaccine information and maybe recent test results -- or whatever they were requiring at the time.

It came up when I was searching for something else so I opened it and it said it couldn't connect to the network. I thought my iPhone had wifi or mobile data turned off but that wasn't the case. So Spain seems to have shut it down.
Yes, dropped end of September 2022 while I was in Spain.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 1:25 pm

Not affecting me at all. I'm done with it. The only country I've been recently that's still messing people around is USA and that was only proof of the jabs. I can't think of anywhere I want to go where they are still playing games.
ksucats and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
We travel as we wish.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Grey Nomad
Not affecting me at all. I'm done with it. The only country I've been recently that's still messing people around is USA and that was only proof of the jabs. I can't think of anywhere I want to go where they are still playing games.
Speaking of which, the only personal "effect" is my preference for foreign airlines now on int'l routes, even to the EU. I still vividly recall an exchange with a CBP agent during a routine excise tax payment, his very sternly correcting me that it was *not* the US CBP who kept me from entering the country of my birth absent a negative covid test, but the airlines who made it a condition of flying.

Fine. I'll go with that narrative. After that, any hometown advantage the US Airlines ever had with me on int'l routes is out for f*ing window. I fully embrace the Asian, European (even BA) and ME3 airlines now--they get my hard earned American $$s, all things being equal.

Yes, I will hold this grudge until my dying day.
:D! likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 8:46 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
I am surprised that in April 2023 people are still asking this question and this forum still exists.

However, why should I - even here, in the US - there are people who say that we should 'never go to normal because there is a deadly respiratory virus out there'. Deal with such people as you'd deal with flat earthers, moon landing deniers, or other cult members.

As for the question goes - any place with restrictions - I won't travel there.
cruisr, tai4de2, ksucats and 5 others like this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by invisible
I am surprised that in April 2023 people are still asking this question and this forum still exists.

However, why should I - even here, in the US - there are people who say that we should 'never go to normal because there is a deadly respiratory virus out there'. Deal with such people as you'd deal with flat earthers, moon landing deniers, or other cult members.

As for the question goes - any place with restrictions - I won't travel there.
Yeah I can more or less agree with this.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 9:24 pm

Doesn't bother me at all!
Old Apr 4, 2023, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by Grey Nomad
Yeah I can more or less agree with this.
Yeah, if there's one area of FT that should obliterated, it's this one.
cruisr, tai4de2, LETTERBOY and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.