Community
Wiki Posts
Search

France - Entry Requirements

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2021, 10:32 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Eng3: Yes, of course, that's what I meant. It's when your itinerary starts. So, with SFO-EWR-CDG, departure would be when the SFO flight departs. EsherFlier makes the same point above.

I've always assumed that means SCHEDULED departure so that if there's an MX delay you're not adversely affected. I've not seen that point addressed anywhere, but if the answer were any different, pure unadulterated chaos would result.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 10:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by FallenPlat
I've always assumed that means SCHEDULED departure so that if there's an MX delay you're not adversely affected. I've not seen that point addressed anywhere, but if the answer were any different, pure unadulterated chaos would result.
A family member who was on a sub-week trip to UK and wasn't reading daily updates was caught out on the day that FR changed from 48h to 24h testing at short notice. The (not very cheap!) test they presented that was 26h old was rejected, which was totally unexpected. Luckily other things had changed which meant that FR residence and proof of jabs got them in. My point being that the border staff can be rather strict.

But it would be amazing if they went to the trouble of getting the actual departure time of the US domestic flight rather than accepting the scheduled departure that would be on your itinerary.
flashware likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 10:03 am

Just to clarify as these rules are incredibly confusing. If I fly to Portugal and take a test to enter. Then a week later I'm flying to France I need to have another PCR test?
Old Dec 7, 2021, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
Just to clarify as these rules are incredibly confusing. If I fly to Portugal and take a test to enter. Then a week later I'm flying to France I need to have another PCR test?
Yes it needs to be within 48 hours of your flight if you're vaccinated and 48 hours if not vaccinated, unless you're coming from the UK in which case it is 24.
sethMCOflyer likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 12:24 pm

Event: Travel Advisory Change. On December 6, the Travel Advisory for France went from Level 3 – Reconsider Travel, to Level 4 – Do Not Travel, and the Centers for Disease Control returned France to a Level 4 Travel Health Notice due to increasing COVID cases in France.

Originally Posted by flashware
Yes it needs to be within 48 hours of your flight if you're vaccinated and 48 hours if not vaccinated, unless you're coming from the UK in which case it is 24.
I believe coming from another EU country to France doesn't require a negative test if vaccinated.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Dec 13, 2021 at 7:48 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member
Old Dec 7, 2021, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by theplayer
I believe coming from another EU country to France doesn't require a negative test if vaccinated.
Indeed, missed the EU angle. Not sure if you need to have been in other EU countries for a certain number of days though?
Old Dec 7, 2021, 6:22 pm

I was driving towards London on the M40 this evening and just after Beaconsfield one of the matrix signs was showing "Travel to France. Covid Test. Please check" which surprised me. The only other Covid related message I've seen on these signs was "Save lives. Stay at home"
Old Dec 8, 2021, 1:06 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
So I’m flying AM today from Săo Paulo to Berlin (GRU-MEX-CDG-BER).

At GRU checkin, AM was convinced I needed a valid test to transit France based on Timatic. They’re reasoning was since CDG is my first entry point into Schengen zone btw terminal 2E and 2F, I am technically entering France and am subject to the testing rule. I fought hard because there was no time to get tested. They even admitted the timatic text was super confusing to decode.

In the end the supervisor agreed to let me board the flight to MEX and let AF have final call in MEX. (MEX-CDG leg is operated by AF)

Also, there is time in MEX to get an antigen test in the airport if needed.

Has anyone here transited in CDG as first point of entry yet?
Old Dec 8, 2021, 4:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Utskicat
I can't see why you wouldn't get one given that an AF agent might rightly or wrongly deny boarding without it. If you enjoy the "fighting hard" bit enough you could always try that for a while before remembering you did get one afterall .
Old Dec 8, 2021, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Utskicat
So I’m flying AM today from Săo Paulo to Berlin (GRU-MEX-CDG-BER).

At GRU checkin, AM was convinced I needed a valid test to transit France based on Timatic. They’re reasoning was since CDG is my first entry point into Schengen zone btw terminal 2E and 2F, I am technically entering France and am subject to the testing rule. I fought hard because there was no time to get tested. They even admitted the timatic text was super confusing to decode.

In the end the supervisor agreed to let me board the flight to MEX and let AF have final call in MEX. (MEX-CDG leg is operated by AF)

Has anyone here transited in CDG as first point of entry yet?
AF counter in MEX confirmed that I absolutely do NOT need a test to Transit Charles de Gaulle. The station manager was actually standing right there and laughed and said that timatic is so utterly confusing that they actually have had other airlines come to the desk and ask them since they assume AF knows best. She says there’s several paragraphs that seem to indicate a test is required but the way that the bullet points work in Timatic, It’s referring to unvaccinated people very confusing to read.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
I can't see why you wouldn't get one given that an AF agent might rightly or wrongly deny boarding without it. If you enjoy the "fighting hard" bit enough you could always try that for a while before remembering you did get one afterall .
I agree with you. Like I said there was enough time so if Air France said that I need one, then I would go around the corner and get one.

But there’s no reason to get one if Air France agrees that I don’t require one.

I already have one taken 48 hours ago and I’m gonna have to have 4 more test taken on this trip. I’m not against testing I just can’t pay for endless tests that I don’t need.
EsherFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Transited through CDG today. No one asked for the declaration form but there was a separate queue for non Schengen passengers checking their vaccination status before going through to passport control.

BTW, CDG is a pain to transit. Long distances to cover mostly by foot. If you have a short connection and need to change terminals then need to run…
zip10001 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 9:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond , Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond Elite
Transited through CDG two days ago , JFK-CDG-SEZ with 5 hours layover. Arrived at 2M, departing from 2E . Easy and quick transfer , though something very weird happened. When checked in at JFK, we were told to get boarding passes at CDG , luggage was checked to final destination . Upon arrival at CDG , couldn’t get boarding passes through an automated kiosk ( one passenger not able to be checked in , please see an agent ) . We went to an agent ( family of three ), the agent went in dismay after checked the reservation and asked me if did any changes to the itinerary, according to her one ticket from our party disappeared completely and it’s not in the system at all. After showing her that our luggage is checked all the way to the final destination for all three passengers , she said that the missing ticket buys me a mistake / glitch . She was on the phone with someone for about 6 min , then she issued the boarding passes and that she fixed the mistake . It was quite nerve wrecking…
At the gate , we were one of the very last ( spend most of the time at the AF business lounge ) and we were asked to present negative Covid test . I was surprised , because we already showed them at JFK and now it has been more than 72 hours before embarking the last flight . The agent took a look and let us board without saying anything . Now I was even more surprised , because it has been 81 hours since testing . We were in J if that makes a difference.
I must admit that we did get tested again one day before our first flight in case something goes wrong in terms of transit/emtry restrictions to France/Seychelles , but I didn’t print or present the newer test results ..
Goldorak likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Flew AA 44 earlier this week (JFK-CDG). I used the Verifly App but it had not been updated with the latest requirements for entry to France.
I took a covid test the day before my flight to Paris anyway.
No one checked the results of the Covid test neither at JFK nor at CDG.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA PRO, BA S
Originally Posted by zip10001
Flew AA 44 earlier this week (JFK-CDG). I used the Verifly App but it had not been updated with the latest requirements for entry to France.
I took a covid test the day before my flight to Paris anyway.
No one checked the results of the Covid test neither at JFK nor at CDG.
same today, utterly clueless app

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.