Community
Wiki Posts
Search

France - Entry Requirements

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2021, 1:57 am

I am travelling iah>ord>cdg. Has it been well established whether the 48 hours count from the first flight or the last flight? United Travel center says first flight, but here is the language used on the French diplomat page:
  • Vaccinated persons aged 12 years or over wishing to travel to France from the UK must present a PCR or antigen negative test result less than 48 hours old before travelling (24 hours old for those not fully vaccinated).
That should mean from first flight, right? Has anyone who has been there recently experienced any issues with "first flight". I have no overnight layover between 1st and second flight, just a 4 hour layover (I actually moved my flight earlier because it was too hard and risky finding a place to test on Christmas eve before 3pm.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by superflysocal
I am travelling iah>ord>cdg. Has it been well established whether the 48 hours count from the first flight or the last flight? United Travel center says first flight, but here is the language used on the French diplomat page:
  • Vaccinated persons aged 12 years or over wishing to travel to France from the UK must present a PCR or antigen negative test result less than 48 hours old before travelling (24 hours old for those not fully vaccinated).
That should mean from first flight, right? Has anyone who has been there recently experienced any issues with "first flight". I have no overnight layover between 1st and second flight, just a 4 hour layover (I actually moved my flight earlier because it was too hard and risky finding a place to test on Christmas eve before 3pm.
My understanding is that this is from the first flight. When you think about it, if you're in a transit area between two legs of the same trip, it's nigh on impossible to get a test. I am sure that's taken into account.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by superflysocal
I am travelling iah>ord>cdg. Has it been well established whether the 48 hours count from the first flight or the last flight?
If you haven't gone yet, the original French says "start of trip" if I recall correctly - meaning first flight of a connecting itinerary.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 4:54 am

What has everyone’s recent experience been flying from another EU country to France? Do they even check how long you’ve been in the EU and if you have a test? Im about to have a new test done but wondering if it’ll even be checked.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
What has everyone’s recent experience been flying from another EU country to France? Do they even check how long you’ve been in the EU and if you have a test? Im about to have a new test done but wondering if it’ll even be checked.
in my case, I’d just repeat what I said in post 249.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
in my case, I’d just repeat what I said in post 249.
Gotcha, good info. Chances that no one checks anything and I breeze on through, but there’s also chances they’ll methodically go through all of my info for verification.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 7:15 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
Gotcha, good info. Chances that no one checks anything and I breeze on through, but there’s also chances they’ll methodically go through all of my info for verification.
That’s exactly it!
Old Dec 27, 2021, 9:41 pm

Programs: Qantas
Transit In LHR before entering France

I know that a couple users have posted something similar but I have not found a concrete answer yet.
I am flying MEL-LHR-CDG on one ticket on QF and BA.
I understand that I am in transit and in an international zone for much less that 24 hours.
What Im concerned about is whether the 24 hour test applies to my BA flight or my QF flight.
It is impossible for me to be tested 24 hours prior to the LHR-CDG flight as I will already be in the air.
I assume I still need to quarantine until negative test in Paris even though I'm only in London for 2 hours?
Also, please nobody just post that this has been answered, because I wouldn't ask if I had found an answer in the thread which I've read all 21 pages twice now.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 3:45 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Welcome to FlyerTalk, VHOJM.

Originally Posted by VHOJM
... I wouldn't ask if I had found an answer in the thread which I've read all 21 pages twice now.
You can adjust your settings so that this thread has (at present) only 8 pages! Here's how:

At the top of the window, on the left, choose 'MyFlyerTalk'. Scroll down through the menu on the left side and you'll see 'Settings & Options'. Choose 'Edit Options'.

Scroll down to 'Thread Display Options', where you'll see 'Number of Posts Per Page'. On the pull-down menu there, choose 'Show 40 Posts Per Page'.

Voilà.
8420PR likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by VHOJM
I know that a couple users have posted something similar but I have not found a concrete answer yet.
I am flying MEL-LHR-CDG on one ticket on QF and BA.
I understand that I am in transit and in an international zone for much less that 24 hours.
What Im concerned about is whether the 24 hour test applies to my BA flight or my QF flight.
It is impossible for me to be tested 24 hours prior to the LHR-CDG flight as I will already be in the air.
I assume I still need to quarantine until negative test in Paris even though I'm only in London for 2 hours?
Also, please nobody just post that this has been answered, because I wouldn't ask if I had found an answer in the thread which I've read all 21 pages twice now.
Welcome to Flyertalk VHOJM! Hope you will stay with us and enjoy the forum for a long time to come even when covid hopefully becomes a mere distant if unpleasant memory!

You are correct that you should be allowed to travel from Australia to France via anywhere including LHR as long as you stay airside during your transit. You are not entering the UK at any point and therefore should not be subject to the UK entry requirements, and as it happens, Australia is on the "good" list for France (and normally for the EU) so you should not need to undergo any quarantine.

The time limits for your test apply before the first flight in your itinerary, so again, no worry about the length of travel. Just keep a copy of your full itinerary with you in the unlikely case the person checking your passport asks any question about the date of your test.
DaveS likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 5:03 pm

Programs: Iberia
Cases in France are now high. Based on previous entry bans/restrictions in 2020/21, how quick are they likely to be to lift these new restrictions?
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by SherlockMiles
Cases in France are now high. Based on previous entry bans/restrictions in 2020/21, how quick are they likely to be to lift these new restrictions?
June, when they want that sweet American tourist money
salut0 and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by SherlockMiles
It depends on your astrological sign...

PS: in other words, as discussed upthread, nobody knows if or when...
SherlockMiles likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 3:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by fre_82
June, when they want that sweet American tourist money
In 2019 only 4.8 million of France's 90 million international visitors came from the US, each spending on average $1,600. A nice sum, but probably not one to drive government policy decisions.
DCAhome and champus like this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 6:36 am

Programs: BA GGL
Anecdotal evidence

My friend with an American passport booked on seperate tickets MIA - LHR (VS) and LHR - NCE (BA) transited airside at LHR from T3 - T5 and boarded his flight to NCE without any issues. Even managed to check-in online.
EsherFlyer and DaveS like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.