Community
Wiki Posts
Search

France - Entry Requirements

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by PAL62V
OK, so can someone help me with this one please? I may be able to make my trip with hand luggage if I pack cleverly. In that instance, can I move from CDG Terminal 2A to 2C and stay airside?
You will find some information here:

https://easycdg.com/passenger-inform...s-cdg-airport/
Old Dec 16, 2021, 8:56 am

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
For anyone transiting through CDG (like myself on Sunday, EDI-CDG-ZRH), here is an excerpt from the current information from TravelDoc. Note exemptions 2 and 3 as they seem to say that only 2E - 2E and 2E - 2F are possible, unless you are allowed to enter France.

Other exempt passengers:
  1. Passengers who hold a certificate of recovery with a positive test result obtained between 11 days and 6 months before travel proving that they have recovered from Covid-19;
  2. Transit passengers with a connecting flight to a country outside of the Schengen Area, provided they are also departing from another country that is outside of the Schengen Area. Transit passengers departing from a country outside of the Schengen Area must still hold a test result if they are travelling to another Schengen Area member state, and transiting in France for longer than 24 hours;
  3. Passengers who continue their journey to a Schengen Area member state, provided that they pass through the Unique Filter Inspection (IFU) (the transit area in the passenger zone between T2E and T2F) and the duration of the transit is less than 24 hours. If the transit to a Schengen Area country requires entry to France, the French entry restrictions apply;
  4. Crew members or personnel necessary for operation of passenger or cargo flights (including when travelling as passengers to or from their departure base); or
  5. Members of diplomatic or official delegation, and staff of international organisations with offices located in France, including their spouses and children.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
Quite surprising that the ban applies to those with booster(s) when the science on its effectiveness against the new deadly variant is very clear
The "science" is anything but clear: (a) we do not have some preliminary studies but we simply do not have enough data yet to form solid and reliable conclusions and (b) AFAIK, whatever data we have is on the impact on the health of the person concerned, not on the extent to which they can transmit the virus.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by cosmo74
Transit within 24hours is permitted so i don't think you will have any issues with entering France.
I know we're each reading different things, but the "Compelling Reasons" at https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/conten...perieux-uk.pdf says "Voyageur en transit de moins de 24 heures en zone internationale dans les aéroports" (Transit of under 24h in international zone of airport).
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:17 am

Is this ban only from the UK? So if you fly from let's say Ukraine to France, you are in the clear?
Owenc likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by poisson
Is this ban only from the UK? So if you fly from let's say Ukraine to France, you are in the clear?
As long as you are vaccinated, yes.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by poisson
As long as they don't get confused by the 2-character code for Ukraine in ISO 639-1 (as I did when downloading Adobe Reader once ) then it'll be fine.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Ardecos
For anyone transiting through CDG (like myself on Sunday, EDI-CDG-ZRH), here is an excerpt from the current information from TravelDoc. Note exemptions 2 and 3 as they seem to say that only 2E - 2E and 2E - 2F are possible, unless you are allowed to enter France.

Other exempt passengers:
  1. Passengers who hold a certificate of recovery with a positive test result obtained between 11 days and 6 months before travel proving that they have recovered from Covid-19;
  2. Transit passengers with a connecting flight to a country outside of the Schengen Area, provided they are also departing from another country that is outside of the Schengen Area. Transit passengers departing from a country outside of the Schengen Area must still hold a test result if they are travelling to another Schengen Area member state, and transiting in France for longer than 24 hours;
  3. Passengers who continue their journey to a Schengen Area member state, provided that they pass through the Unique Filter Inspection (IFU) (the transit area in the passenger zone between T2E and T2F) and the duration of the transit is less than 24 hours. If the transit to a Schengen Area country requires entry to France, the French entry restrictions apply;
  4. Crew members or personnel necessary for operation of passenger or cargo flights (including when travelling as passengers to or from their departure base); or
  5. Members of diplomatic or official delegation, and staff of international organisations with offices located in France, including their spouses and children.
I’m travelling between two non schengen states (UK and Qatar). So I would love think I am ok. That doesn’t appear to be noted in this sections?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’m travelling between two non schengen states (UK and Qatar). So I would love think I am ok. That doesn’t appear to be noted in this sections?
That would fall under point 2 (non-schengen to non-schengen airside transit).
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by NickB
That would fall under point 2 (non-schengen to non-schengen airside transit).
So what you are saying is that I should be fine? It's possible to stay airside for the entire time I am 'in' Paris (less than 24 hrs)?

I know I sound like I am repeating myself, and I am quite an experienced traveller, but I find I am really double checking everything at the moment as I can't afford to screw this up. Plus I almost never fly in or out of CDG.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So what you are saying is that I should be fine? It's possible to stay airside for the entire time I am 'in' Paris (less than 24 hrs)?

I know I sound like I am repeating myself, and I am quite an experienced traveller, but I find I am really double checking everything at the moment as I can't afford to screw this up. Plus I almost never fly in or out of CDG.
2A and 2C is in the same area. I have never transferred from 2A to 2C but, afaik, you can stay airside for this one. By "less than 24 hrs" you mean on the same day and you will be checked through, that should be fine. If there is an overnight stay or you are on separate tickets, that could be more problematic.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Can someone clarify what type of Covid test would meet the requirements for travel to France, back to the UK (if necessary) and also to the USA? I'm trying to find the cheapest one which will get quick results. I'll ideally need to get it done in London on a Saturday night or very very early on a Sunday morning. Would prefer a quick antigen rather than a PCR if I could do it...
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Hmm it's not very clear whether passengers in transit for less than 24h and staying airside will need the test or not need the test. I'm not averse at all to getting tested but some clarity would be good as I am already booked to get an antigen in BUD on arrival (to comply with US 24h entry requirement).
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by NickB
2A and 2C is in the same area. I have never transferred from 2A to 2C but, afaik, you can stay airside for this one. By "less than 24 hrs" you mean on the same day and you will be checked through, that should be fine. If there is an overnight stay or you are on separate tickets, that could be more problematic.
I am on both a separate ticket, AND having to stop late at night until early the next morning. I will have checked in online for my departing flight, so can show a boarding pass, etc. Why do you think that could be a problem? I will not have a pleasant few hours but it may be worth it instead of having to totally change my travel plans.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am on both a separate ticket, AND having to stop late at night until early the next morning. I will have checked in online for my departing flight, so can show a boarding pass, etc. Why do you think that could be a problem? I will not have a pleasant few hours but it may be worth it instead of having to totally change my travel plans.
Separate flights might be an issue with your departing airline. From their perspective, you have booked a ticket for France and they might expect to see the appropriate paperwork for entering France. You could argue otherwise but if they say no, you will be pretty much stuck. As to the next morning, I do not know whether the airside section of the airport remains open overnight. If it does not, then you would have to enter France when they close up and, therefore, have the relevant paperwork to do so.
orbitmic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.