Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

New Swiss Rules-Coronavirus: Federal Council extends COVID certificate requirement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Swiss Rules-Coronavirus: Federal Council extends COVID certificate requirement

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2021, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
Where on the certificate does it say which canton issued it? I applied online using the National COVID certificate application platform - I selected "I am just visiting Switzerland" and went through the process. I don't see where on the certificate it says which canton issued it.
My understanding is that the national application site is a collector with standardized questions. One of those questions is the address where you will spend your first night in Switzerland. They apparently distribute the applications to the canton that contains that address for processing. Can't remember where I saw that information but I am pretty sure I did.

My first application went to Vaud, which I know from the rejection email I got.

I changed my trip and my new hotel was in Bern. When I applied the second time, I used entered the Bern Hotel address. Certificate was back, approved, in about 4 hours.

Both of my applications went through the national site because I waited until I had my booster to apply. .
Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:01 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 466SHH
My understanding is that the national application site is a collector with standardized questions. One of those questions is the address where you will spend your first night in Switzerland. They apparently distribute the applications to the canton that contains that address for processing. Can't remember where I saw that information but I am pretty sure I did.

My first application went to Vaud, which I know from the rejection email I got.

I changed my trip and my new hotel was in Bern. When I applied the second time, I used entered the Bern Hotel address. Certificate was back, approved, in about 4 hours.

Both of my applications went through the national site because I waited until I had my booster to apply. .
I assume you paid for two appl. = 60 SFR
Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by nrr
I assume you paid for two appl. = 60 SFR
That I did. Just glad the second one worked and I did not have to pay for 3.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by florens
New govt decisions are expected this Friday and will, likely, from experience, come into effect next Monday.
What are the decisions regarding? Will it impact American tourists entering the country? I fly in next Monday and I hope there aren't any changes that might affect my travel.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 11:06 pm

Also is the PCR test 72 hours before entry? Or is it 72 hours before flight departure?

Swiss airlines is saying its 72 hours before flight departure. But I also read its 72 hours before entry into Switzerland. I'm confused.

EDIT: Nevermind I found another FAQ section on the Swiss site. I think its both from my understanding. 72 hours prior to boarding a plane (I'm guessing this is for transit pass). And 72 hours prior to entry if you plan on entering the country.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 11:28 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dsantos08
Also is the PCR test 72 hours before entry? Or is it 72 hours before flight departure?

Swiss airlines is saying its 72 hours before flight departure. But I also read its 72 hours before entry into Switzerland. I'm confused.

EDIT: Nevermind I found another FAQ section on the Swiss site. I think its both from my understanding. 72 hours prior to boarding a plane (I'm guessing this is for transit pass). And 72 hours prior to entry if you plan on entering the country.
From posts upthread, it seems that they left the COVID test monitoring up to the airlines. It would be a "bad" situation if an airline TA misreads the rules and pax are denied boarding.
It would be nice to know what is really happening.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 11:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by dsantos08
What are the decisions regarding? Will it impact American tourists entering the country? I fly in next Monday and I hope there aren't any changes that might affect my travel.
It will mainly be about local restrictions, there is a link further up in English with a summary of proposals.

Nobody knows if new travel restrictions will come into force as well.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by 36902BRF
Dumb question for folks in what order are your names in the Swiss Covid app? I have three names that are all commonly first or last names. It has caused be a number of issues over the years. On my cert the order is last - first - middle. All their email communications to me were in correct order so I assume my cert is correct too but just in case.
To answer my own question I read the specs on their cert and it is last name followed by first. Middle name isn't addressed but my cert is correct.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 2:52 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
As far as I understand, transit only inside the airport, is exempt from testing. So doing the same day mileage run XXX-ZRH-XXX without leaving the passenger area (just duty free and lounge visit), is OK to be exempt? Are there checks at the gates while leaving the plane (to have the QR prepared for possible inspection) or just at the exit from the terminal? Thx
Old Dec 16, 2021, 3:02 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National Emerald Club Exec Elite,
Currently in Zurich - fun and games working with ZH Canton

We traveled from Paris to Zurich on the TGV-Lyria - arriving on the 14th.

We got PCR test in Paris on the 13th that came back Negative.

Filled out all the entry forms, we have a Swiss Health pass etc.

No-one asked to see Paperwork on the Train, no-one at Zurich Station etc.

Yesterday I got an email and a text asking to upload the Certificates to the Zurich Canton Site.

Trouble is when you go to the site - its 2 step authentication where they want to send you another text, and you can only use the phone number you put on the entry form. and no text is arriving

Yes I have tried multiple times, even tried on various language versions of the same webpage - https://travel.ct-kanton-zh.ch/auth/login

Call the phone number - its a message in German saying call back later.

send an SMS to the contact number on the text and email - its a different phone number - no reply.

Hotel - PH-Zurich who have been total superstars - have tried to help and couldn't get any further then we could.

Any suggestions anyone? I want to say the way things are going we will leave CH without doing anything. But I would like to be in a position to come back.

I will update if/when things change.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by txbrit
Any suggestions anyone? I want to say the way things are going we will leave CH without doing anything. But I would like to be in a position to come back.
Here’s the page from the canton of Zurich with more information on the requirement: https://www.zh.ch/de/gesundheit/coro...e-schweiz.html

It says in the case that you don’t receive the form at all, you can send the Swiss ePLF confirmation and your negative covid certificate to [email protected]. If you click around on the website you gave, it says to contact that same address if you have trouble filling out the form.

There is also the address “[email protected]” given on the Zurich canton website for general questions about the requirement.

Thus, if I were in your position, I’d send an email containing your entry form confirmation and your negative test certificate, to both of those addresses simultaneously on the same email. (I’m not an authority on this issue, just a random guy on the Internet.)

I would hope that this would get this issue handled, and that if there were to be an issue with anyone trying to fine you in the future, this would create a written and time stamped record that you compiled with the requirement. At the very least, I’d hope that they would email you back telling you what to do if this was incorrect.
lskohn, florens and 466SHH like this.

Last edited by RememberTheConcord; Dec 16, 2021 at 10:23 pm
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by txbrit
I want to say the way things are going we will leave CH without doing anything. But I would like to be in a position to come back.
Oh, also, on this point, the guidance on the federal website and on the Zurich canton website has been updated so that if you leave before the 7th day, you are relieved of the second test obligation. So, I suppose that’s another way to solve this if you’re going to be leaving soon anyway - you can simply leave before you’re required to take the second test. The only problem with this is I’m not entirely sure how the days are counted (if the day of arrival is day one or day zero) and how you would report to the Canton that you have left, or if you are even required to report to anyone that you have left.

For people entering the country and leaving before day 7 (and staying for 6 nights), another PCR or rapid antigen test is not obligatory but recommended.
Source: https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home...nreisende.html

——

Also, I just had another thought - if you arrived on the 14th, and you posted on the 16th Switzerland time, there’s no way you’re even in the period to take the second test yet, no matter how the days are counted. What exactly did the text message you got from the Canton of Zurich say?

The reason I ask, is that as far as I’m aware (again, just as a random Internet commenter who occasionally visits Switzerland), there’s no obligation to send your entry test to the Canton you’re staying at; you just need to have it on you so you can produce it on your arrival, if requested. (See the law here: https://www.fedlex.admin.ch/eli/cc/2021/380/en) It is the second test that you are obligated to send to the Canton. This makes me wonder if maybe the form will not work until Day 4?

Last edited by RememberTheConcord; Dec 16, 2021 at 11:11 pm
Old Dec 17, 2021, 3:29 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In ZRH airport (landside) there is a SERVICE DESK, in ZRH main station there is a "tourist info" in the main hall--these spots may be of assistance...they may have "secret" phone contacts not known to the public at large.
36902BRF likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 7:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

New entry rules from Monday 20.12.2021

- no more day 4-7 tests for vaccinated
- PCR/72h or antigen/24h (new!) test OK to board.

adrianlondon and friedablass like this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Details of measures

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.