Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

New Swiss Rules-Coronavirus: Federal Council extends COVID certificate requirement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Swiss Rules-Coronavirus: Federal Council extends COVID certificate requirement

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2022, 2:16 pm

I’m surprised that there hasn’t been news on the restrictions being dropped, especially considering we’re just a few days out from the proposed expiry date. Has there been any news on the local press that I might have missed? There’s nothing on the BAG website that I have seen.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by RememberTheConcord
I’m surprised that there hasn’t been news on the restrictions being dropped, especially considering we’re just a few days out from the proposed expiry date. Has there been any news on the local press that I might have missed? There’s nothing on the BAG website that I have seen.
The announcement will be made today (Wed 16th).
Old Feb 15, 2022, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by RememberTheConcord
Restriction will be dropped Norway style?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by wooootles
Restriction will be dropped Norway style?
Not quite, if you read a few posts up you can see about the various proposals floated.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:48 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Well according to rumours in media like 20min ou RTS, they might drop EVERYTHING except the mask in some places and isolation for positive people.... that would be quite a shocker I have to say.
Cantons are, it seems, aligning with removing all restrictions as well, quickly...

So yeah, let's see what happens this afternoon.

https://www.20min.ch/fr/story/alain-...e-950383743157

https://www.rts.ch/info/12870575-le-...anticovid.html
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 6:08 am

So as of tomorrow Feb 17th, the Covid-Pass (QR Code) won't be required anymore to enter bars, restaurants, cinemas, etc.... masks won't be necessary anymore, except for public transports and health/medical buildings.

Removal of all restrictions to enter the country as well. More details to follow on the BAG/OFSP website.

Last edited by enelym1978; Feb 16, 2022 at 6:18 am
Old Feb 16, 2022, 6:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Nothing required anymore to enter CH either, no PLF, no test, no vaccination or recovery certificate.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 6:21 am

I'm quite surprised that they lifted so many things at once....
N830MH, LETTERBOY and florens like this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 6:52 am

Official announcement in English:
https://www.edi.admin.ch/edi/en/home...-id-87216.html

There's nothing unexpected in there (well, I was expecting it to go the way it has). All restrictions dropped apart from masks (on public transport and in hospitals) and one must still self-isolate if positive for Covid.
LETTERBOY and Geordie405 like this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:01 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by enelym1978
I'm quite surprised that they lifted so many things at once....
That's what most of European countries that already lifted restrictions did. This time the goal isn't to slow down the spread, so there's no point in having multiple stages. That being said, Switzerland is sadly keeping masks on public transportation until 31st March, so it's not 100% reopening just yet.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by the810
That's what most of European countries that already lifted restrictions did. This time the goal isn't to slow down the spread, so there's no point in having multiple stages. That being said, Switzerland is sadly keeping masks on public transportation until 31st March, so it's not 100% reopening just yet.
If it's like London was at the weekend, most people won't bother. Already, when taking trains here we tend to nibble on food and drink for most of the journey so don't wear a mask much anyway.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: DL PM
Awesome news. Switzerland is not in my radar at the moment (was there last year) but I am anxious to see if its immediate neighbors follow suit.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Great!! I can go to Switzerland again. No restrictions. No vaccinated, no negative COVID test requirements. It's over!

YAY!!
friedablass likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Per the notices in the SWISS app and the SEM travel check website, it appears with the new 17 Feb rules that only Swiss/EU nationals, and a few select others, are allowed entry free and clear. American passport holders flying from the USA for example require proof of vaccination otherwise entry is prohibited… testing is not even an option… at least this is what’s indicated in the sources I referenced above. Can anyone confirm? Photo attached is from the SWISS app, explaining the new entry requirements…

downinit likes this.

Last edited by Continited; Feb 16, 2022 at 9:08 pm
Old Feb 16, 2022, 9:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Continited
Per the notices in the SWISS app and the SEM travel check website, it appears with the new 17 Feb rules that only Swiss/EU nationals, and a few select others, are allowed entry free and clear. American passport holders for example require proof of vaccination otherwise entry is prohibited… testing is not even an option… at least this is what’s indicated in the sources I referenced above. Can anyone confirm?
The travel check site probably just hasn't updated to match the removal of restrictions announced in the link in post 534. I would give it some time for then to update so that you get an accurate result when inputting information on that site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.