Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Did you get Covid-19 on a flight? / Spread of Coronavirus on a plane

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did you get Covid-19 on a flight? / Spread of Coronavirus on a plane

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2021, 7:23 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ani90
Can you point me in direction of one such study? I work in healthcare and have never once been tested for COVID-19 in work setting. Only tests I have ever done was for international travel. I am not aware of any such studies or indeed any healthcare facilities that undertake non voluntary systematic testing.
I think this MMWR did regular testing of vaccinated and unvaccinated healthcare workers: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7013e3.htm
Old Apr 18, 2021, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
47 people infected on a flight....(originally 25 infected, now updated to 47)

Superspreader: 25 People On A Single Flight Test Positive For Covid-19 - View from the Wing

Old Apr 18, 2021, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
Oh, No not for one second do I concern myself with another person's health or welfare. Some of us are wearing masks today even after having had the virus and being vaccinated when studies say it's not necessary.
Logic has long gone from the conversation. Logic, meaning being able to process data and being able to deduce actions or reasons from the data.

Everyone in this entire movement should lambaste their pre-2020 life and the senseless tens of thousands of flu deaths they caused by a lack of masks and social distancing.

all totally preventable. Dead.

and those deaths will be right back in 2021 if we don’t lockdown.
lobo411, LETTERBOY, the810 and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 10:25 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
It’s the first thing on his UCSF bio

Originally Posted by FlyEndeavorAir
The guy is a quack and I can't believe people are taking him seriously.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by GloballyServiced
Logic has long gone from the conversation. Logic, meaning being able to process data and being able to deduce actions or reasons from the data.

Everyone in this entire movement should lambaste their pre-2020 life and the senseless tens of thousands of flu deaths they caused by a lack of masks and social distancing.

So the wants of a few dictate the needs of the many?
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold

​​​​​​The most harsh lockdown US states and other countries still lost a lot of lives. Lockdowns only delay the inevitable, virus is going to do virus things.

​​​​​​Live a healthy live and having a strong immune system. Curb obesity, which contributed to a lot of hospitalizations and C deaths, not to mention other health complications.
LETTERBOY, Dublin_rfk and FlitBen like this.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by squeakr
He's a legit doctor and a scholar. I'm not sure he's an immunologist, though.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 4:33 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Originally Posted by lobo411
He's a legit doctor and a scholar. I'm not sure he's an immunologist, though.
He was a Stanford scholar in epidemiology which is good enough for me.
lobo411 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 9:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
Originally Posted by Repooc17
​​​​​​The most harsh lockdown US states and other countries still lost a lot of lives. Lockdowns only delay the inevitable, virus is going to do virus things.

​​​​​​Live a healthy live and having a strong immune system. Curb obesity, which contributed to a lot of hospitalizations and C deaths, not to mention other health complications.
Yep, which is why I’m challenging the “pro-control” crowd to state their end goal and metrics for success for covid 19. The last time I was onboard with any of it, our goal was labeled flatten the curve. We didn’t want to overrun hospitals to the point where quality of care would plummet and also buy time to study the virus. That was perfectly rational and lasted a few months. We erected and tore back down plenty of temporary hospitals and pretty much any capacity issue could have been solved within the past year.

“Flatten the curve” has now become an antiquated term it seems. Now everyone is in limbo seemingly searching for a world where nobody dies of communicable diseases. They want CNN to blare death counters and case counters until the end of time. Another month or another 3 months is basically nothing anymore. Nobody has any expectations beyond “maybe at the end of the year or something”

And good luck convincing anyone to be responsible for their own health through diet and exercise rather than waiting indoors for a vaccine/pill and a free donut.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 9:57 pm

Programs: AS - MVPG; DL - SM; Marriott, Hilton, SPG - Gold
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
So the wants of a few dictate the needs of the many?
As I see it, the "pro lockdown" crowd seems to be embracing this theory rather well.

"The wants of the few" = feeling 100% safe all of the time at any and all expense of others.

"The needs of the many" = the ability to earn a living, financially support one's family, exercise one's civil liberties, have an escape from hostile and abusive home situations, have an outlet to prevent debilitating mental illness and/or substance abuse situations, etc.
LETTERBOY and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 2:54 am

Programs: *
Yep, which is why I’m challenging the “pro-control” crowd to state their end goal and metrics for success for covid 19. The last time I was onboard with any of it, our goal was labeled flatten the curve. We didn’t want to overrun hospitals to the point where quality of care would plummet and also buy time to study the virus. That was perfectly rational and lasted a few months. We erected and tore back down plenty of temporary hospitals and pretty much any capacity issue could have been solved within the past year.

And good luck convincing anyone to be responsible for their own health through diet and exercise rather than waiting indoors for a vaccine/pill and a free donut.
Originally Posted by LWkitty
As I see it, the "pro lockdown" crowd seems to be embracing this theory rather well.

"The wants of the few" = feeling 100% safe all of the time at any and all expense of others.

"The needs of the many" = the ability to earn a living, financially support one's family, exercise one's civil liberties, have an escape from hostile and abusive home situations, have an outlet to prevent debilitating mental illness and/or substance abuse situations, etc.
What though has this to do with the spreading of COVID on a plane? Is there some connection between lockdowns and COVID transmission on a plane?
Old Apr 19, 2021, 2:59 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ani90
What though has this to do with the spreading of COVID on a plane? Is there some connection between lockdowns and COVID transmission on a plane?
Indeed. Thread closed for moderator review.

/mod
ajGoes likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.