Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Entry restrictions / reopening per country

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
An updated version of the content of this wikipost may be found at:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coro...resources.html

Please post any addition/amendment to the list in the thread.
Print Wikipost

Entry restrictions / reopening per country

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2021, 1:16 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
There will be 0 passenger flights. This is not a reduction with exceptions, it is a full suspension of air services.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Exec
Originally Posted by fransknorge
There will be 0 passenger flights. This is not a reduction with exceptions, it is a full suspension of air services.

Hi

Are you sure about this ?

The German embassy in London states the following :as of: 30 January 2021

On 29 January, the German Government issued a new Coronavirus entry regulations (“Coronavirus-Schutzverordnung”) in order to protect against the risk of infection from people entering the country. In addition to the test and quarantine regulations already in place, a transportation ban for travellers from the United Kingdom came into force from 0.00am 30 January, i.e. transport companies are prohibited from transporting travellers from the United Kingdom to Germany. This regulation will apply provisionally until and including 17 February 2021.

According to the regulation, the following persons may continue to be transported:
  • German citizens residing in Germany
  • EU nationals entitled to free movement and their family members with permanent residence in Germany (to be verified at check-in/ boarding/ crossing the border), as well as
  • British citizens and their family members who can prove (at check-in/ boarding, border control) that they had established permanent residence in Germany before 31 December 2020, and still have permanent residence in Germany,
  • Third-country nationals with permanent residence in Germany (to be verified at check-in/ boarding/border control) who have a residence permit or a long-term visa for Germany
  • Persons who do not enter Germany, remain in airport transit (on the way to a country outside the Schengen area) and meet the necessary requirements (confirmed onward flight and an airport transit visa, if necessary).
Please note: According to the explanatory memorandum on the law, transport shall not be denied to German citizens who are not resident in Germany.

The Lufthansa U.K. website states the following :

Due to the German Federal Police's instructions of January 29, 2021, passengers from high-incidence- and virus variant-areas are subject to respect extended travel conditions. According to the Robert Koch Institute, the following countries currently belong to these two areas:

High incidence areas:

Albania, Andorra, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Colombia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Egypt, Iran, Israel, Kosovo, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Mexico, Montenegro, Northern Macedonia, Palestinian Territories, Panama, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, United States of America, United Arab Emirates

New as of 31 January: Afghanistan, Botswana, Ecuador, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Syria

Virus variant areas:

Brazil, Ireland, South Africa, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Portugal

New as of 31 January: Eswatini, Lesotho

Lufthansa is currently allowed to carry all booked passengers on departures from High Incidence areas under the following conditions:
  • All passengers with final destination in Germany must present a negative test result (PCR, antigen, RT-LAMP or TMA) at the time of departure that is not older than 48 hours prior to the scheduled time of entry into Germany and complete an online registration on the site www.einreiseanmeldung.de
  • All guests with final destination in Germany must follow the local German quarantine regulations. Information about this can be found here
  • All passengers with a connecting flight to a destination outside Germany must observe the entry regulations of the corresponding destination country in addition to the above-mentioned obligations
Lufthansa is currently only permitted to carry the following booked passengers on departures from countries in the Virus Variant areas:
  • Passengers with German nationality or passengers with a valid residence permit in Germany (upon presentation of a German registration certificate).
  • Passengers of other nationalities but only if they have a connecting flight to a "Non-Schengen state" and do not leave the transit area in Frankfurt or Munich (Exception are flights from Portugal - here no passengers of other nationalities with connecting flights in Schengen- or Non-Schengen-states are generally permitted)
  • All passengers mentioned in the two points above must present a negative test result (PCR, antigen, RT-LAMP or TMA) at the time of departure, which is not older than 48 hours before the scheduled time of entry in Germany and complete an online registration on the site www.einreiseanmeldung.de
  • All guests with final destination in Germany must follow the local German quarantine regulations. Information about this can be found here
  • All passengers with a connecting flight to a destination outside Germany must observe the entry regulations of the corresponding destination country in addition to the above-mentioned obligations
Passengers planning to travel from a virus variant area and not covered by the above are requested to contact Lufthansa.

Both Lufthansa and BA currently are selling seats to Germany for tomorrow and beyond tomorrow, so I have to wonder what has changed specifically between the U.K. and Germany.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 4:48 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
It seems at least 20 000 businesses have reopened in Poland this week despite a ban and there even is a first-degree court ruling claiming restrictions are illegal (the court cancelled a fine for a hairdressing studio and ordered the regional public health office to cover legal costs). This will be an interesting one to watch, so far it seems authorities are helpless against such a pushback.
VCURamFan and RaindropT like this.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Apparently not.
He first list has arrived, it is very limited :
Motif médical impérieux ;/ Necessary medical intervention
décès d'un parent en ligne directe/death of a direct relative
Impossibilité de rester sur le territoire étranger/impossible to stay on the foreign territory
Retour définitif en France/final return to live in France
Protection de l'enfance / child protection

source : Roland Lescure, French MP for French expatriate in the USA
New statements are now available. Business reasons are mentioned as a motif impérieux in the “autorisation de sortie” (but with a detailed description- see on page 2 of statement) and the statement for returning to France mentions return from a trip with a compelling reason.
https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actual...e-voyage#from2
alex67500 and matmatlr like this.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 5:56 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Denmark had blocked passenger flights from the UAE since January 22nd. And Denmark has since extended the ban on UAE passenger flights. Senior Emirati officials have been trying directly to get their Danish contacts to overturn the UAE passenger flight ban. Not sure what kind of success the Emiratis will have with convincing Denmark to relax the passenger flight ban when the UK has since then picked up with shutting down UAE passenger flights too.

London-Dubai is no longer the international passenger flight route with the most seats; as a result of the UAE passenger flight ban by the UK, that first place position instead goes to Cairo-Jeddah.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 6:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Denmark had blocked passenger flights from the UAE since January 22nd. And Denmark has since extended the ban on UAE passenger flights. Senior Emirati officials have been trying directly to get their Danish contacts to overturn the UAE passenger flight ban. Not sure what kind of success the Emiratis will have with convincing Denmark to relax the passenger flight ban when the UK has since then picked up with shutting down UAE passenger flights too.

London-Dubai is no longer the international passenger flight route with the most seats; as a result of the UAE passenger flight ban by the UK, that first place position instead goes to Cairo-Jeddah.
I have a feeling more bans will be coming down the pipeline. Just based upon on the scientific projections of March/April being the worse to be seen in regards to the infection and death rate. And also, I think to put an automatic halt to many spring break areas.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA, AS, Volaris, VivaAerobús
I had an eye for Japan last year to visit relatives, but ever since the pandemic messed things up for me and traveling in general, I have pretty much given up on it.

At least Mexico is nearby and doesn't try to throw roadblocks to stop me. And, if I want to travel further into the interior I won't have to worry about scrambling to find a covid 19 testing site just to be able to board a flight home, I just drive and park my car at CBX or TIJ. I can even do an open jaw flight, even though it's going to be a pain to get back home, I still won't need to test.

(I probably won't do that stunt where I parked my car at an Amtrak station, took the Pacific Surfliner to San Diego, took the MTS trolley to the border, walked into Mexico and Uber'd to TIJ and then on my way home, crossed CBX and took Lyft to the Amtrak station for my ride back north, just to get back to my parked car. That was too much.)

Last edited by i0wnj00; Jan 30, 2021 at 9:10 pm
Old Jan 30, 2021, 10:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by i0wnj00
I had an eye for Japan last year to visit relatives, but ever since the pandemic messed things up for me and traveling in general, I have pretty much given up on it.

At least Mexico is nearby and doesn't try to throw roadblocks to stop me. And, if I want to travel further into the interior I won't have to worry about scrambling to find a covid 19 testing site just to be able to board a flight home, I just drive and park my car at CBX or TIJ. I can even do an open jaw flight, even though it's going to be a pain to get back home, I still won't need to test.

(I probably won't do that stunt where I parked my car at an Amtrak station, took the Pacific Surfliner to San Diego, took the MTS trolley to the border, walked into Mexico and Uber'd to TIJ and then on my way home, crossed CBX and took Lyft to the Amtrak station for my ride back north, just to get back to my parked car. That was too much.)
That sounds as bad as my first trip to Nepal. I was trying to go the cheapest way possible. Took two full days and five flights buses, vans etc. Not worth saving the extra money. Plus I was worn out by the time I got to my hotel room in Kathmandu, and that airport was like a black friday sale, people everywhere. Crazy. lol
Old Jan 31, 2021, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by airoli
this isn't correct:
  • A negative PCR test is required when entering Switzerland from high risk countries irrespective of means of transportation. Then, a 10 day quarantine applies with option to shorten to 7 days if another PCR or antigen test is negative.
  • If arriving by air, a negative PCR test is required when entering from anywhere. . However, quarantine rules only apply if arriving from a high risk country.
Will the PCR test apply to air transit passengers? I cannot find definitive information in this regard.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 1:53 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by Baker421
Will the PCR test apply to air transit passengers? I cannot find definitive information in this regard.
No, according to article 8 section F of the new law (German), it does not. However, whether the staff at your departure airport knows and abides by that is to be seen...
Baker421 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 10:12 am

Sweden will start to require foreigners to show a negative Covid-19 test result before they are allowed to enter. Frequent commuters from the neighbouring countries are allowed to show the test result only once a week. These new rules will be taken in use from February 6th and last to the end of March.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 10:41 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by Hezu
Sweden will start to require foreigners to show a negative Covid-19 test result before they are allowed to enter. Frequent commuters from the neighbouring countries are allowed to show the test result only once a week. These new rules will be taken in use from February 6th and last to the end of March.
PCR vs antigen? 72 hours vs 24? Air vs land?
Old Feb 3, 2021, 10:58 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by the810
It seems at least 20 000 businesses have reopened in Poland this week despite a ban and there even is a first-degree court ruling claiming restrictions are illegal (the court cancelled a fine for a hairdressing studio and ordered the regional public health office to cover legal costs). This will be an interesting one to watch, so far it seems authorities are helpless against such a pushback.
Why would a hairdressing studio be fined in this respect? Hairdressers/barbers were allowed to stay open during the national quarantine, and they're still open.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by vanillabean
PCR vs antigen? 72 hours vs 24? Air vs land?
48 hours. Press release, at least, doesn't mention any differentiation between air or land arrival.

https://www.government.se/press-rele...y-into-sweden/
Old Feb 3, 2021, 12:56 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
There is suppose to be a 15-minute test at home which will render results on a smartphone app.

So will those be accepted by immigration and aviation people?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.