Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

35'000 miles for PNR-IST-PTY-BSB business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2023, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance, SkyTeam

Can someone explain to me how come I can book such trip on 26th November in Business saver for only 35'000 miles one way? Seems incredible. I wasn't able to make sense of this by looking at their award chart.

Also economy for 17'500 miles is not bad.

Taxes are below 100 USD.

Also have you guys seen that there is a promo to buy miles right now ending in a few days?
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 10:51 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by kiribati
Can someone explain to me how come I can book such trip on 26th November in Business saver for only 35'000 miles one way? Seems incredible. I wasn't able to make sense of this by looking at their award chart.

Also economy for 17'500 miles is not bad.

Taxes are below 100 USD.

Also have you guys seen that there is a promo to buy miles right now ending in a few days?
Copa is a rather obscure (that's to say it's small) program, and that could make for opportunities like this to slip under the table, so definitely take advantage of it! (probably they are not even aware of that sweet spot).

I once redeemed 42.5K miles + $49.65 for DXB to LAX on Emirates, but that was in Y so you are definitely getting more value on this one.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 2:30 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

I wonder if there is confusion on where Brazzaville is located. Maybe the team inputting the location just assumed it is in Brazil.

Sadly you cant fly direct BSB-PNR (they are only 8hrs apart)
Venezuela-Miami likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.