Wiki Posts
Search

Refunds of existing tix

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2020, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Latam Pass Black; UA 1K, 1MM; Marriott LT
Refunds of existing tix

On Feb 11, 2020, I booked an ASU-PTY-JFK for March 30, 2020, and the JFK-PTY-ASU for return later in the year. (Standard non-refundable Y class, $300 change fee.)

I am looking for a refund rather than a change in the ticket.

I just got off the phone with Copa (very easy to get through to the ticket office) and they said that there were no refunds at this point and I should call back in 2 or 3 weeks time (after the initial flight.)

Two questions:

1. Is the position stated correct (no refunds at the moment)?
2. Ticket was booked with United Mileage Plus visa - will they refund?

Many thanks for thoughts

G
Old Mar 23, 2020, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Latam Pass Black; UA 1K, 1MM; Marriott LT
Well, I'll partly answer my own question - I called the credit card issuer number - only took around a minute of IVR to get through to a human for a quick, not very sunny answer.

Not covered by the credit card as it was a pandemic.

Hopefully Copa will update their policies to give refunds. Otherwise, no sympathy for them if they go under - they have people's money in advance, fail to provide a service that can be used and yet get to keep the money. Not a bad deal.

G
Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:32 am

Programs: DL/PM SM/AMEX/Plat HH/Gold Marriott/Plat Starwood/Plat
Not sure why the credit card company would deny a charge back as it should be only concerned about the denial of goods & service by the Airline. As Copa cancelled the flight, unless it is stated specifically in its CoC as an exception it should refund the ticket. I am in the same boat so still checking.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Has anyone had any success in getting a refund from COPA for a schedule change. My outbound is delayed that I arrived approximately 8 1/2 hours later than originally scheduled and my return is shortened by 5 1/2 hours.. This is for a trip to Columbia in February

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.