Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Standby for earlier flight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Standby for earlier flight

In April, I have a flight from GPS-GYE-PTY then into DEN the next day. Assuming no issues, I arrive in GYE around 1pm and my flight to PTY is not until 6:30pm. It looks like there is a 3:30 flight I would love to get on.

I am on an award ticket booked via United (business) and was wondering if anyone had any experience flying standby on Copa. It looks like I can call 3-24 hours ahead and try to change for a fee, or the website says you can do standby 3 hours ahead at the airport. Anyone have any experience or luck with standby on Copa, any tips? Any potential issues being tbooked through United on points?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Just ask them first when checking in and they just might, secondly ask at GYE if no luck at GPS. There's no Copa Club in GYE but you don't have to go through immigration just security, so you can ask them as well given how much time you have to kill, or if there's a connections or flight help desk inside security. Often the counter agents at airports are less dogmatic if they see space available. You already have the worst outcome so if you don't get resigned to the 330 flight in advance, you won't be disappointed.

You can try fees and such with calls (good luck calling Copa) but you might just find a sympathetic agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.