Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

2019 ConnectMiles Enhancements & "Enhancements"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*

They updated their website in the last few hours to include this:

MAX9 PREFERMEMBER UPGRADE POLICY

Prefermembers who bought Flex Fares (Y, B, M) will be eligible for an upgrade. Presidential and Platinum Prefers will also be eligible for an upgrade when buying Extra fares in (H, Q, K, V, U, S, O, W). Upgrades will be confirmed one day (24 hrs) before departure and is subject to availability.Global and Regional Certificates issued to Presidential and Platinum members can be used to upgrade to business cabin. Certificates can be used on any class purchased. These certificates can be requested at time of booking and are subject to availability.PreferMembers traveling, must notify at the counter during check-in if they are traveling with a companion. The PreferMember must purchase a Flex or Extra Fare if they are Presidential or Platinum, or Flex if they are Gold or Silver.
  • Companions will not be restricted to any specific class of service to be eligible for an upgrade.
  • Companions upgrades are space-available and with the same priority as the PreferMember.
  • If the companion is a PreferMember, the upgrade will be processed according to the highest PreferMember status level in the reservation.
ConnectMiles members have the option to redeem their miles for Business Saver and Standard Tickets.

ConnectMiles members can also redeem for a mileage upgrade. To redeem your miles for an upgrade, please contact the Service Center. PreferMembers will be allowed while booking to select seats in Economy Extra at no additional charge.
https://connectmiles.copaair.com/en/...-qualification

Already tweeted at them some questions about it

Definitely an "Enhancement" imo

Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
So I guess that myself and others asked enough questions on this that they have now removed the wording quoted above. I am not sure what it was in relation to, as both their twitter team and some ConnectMiles staff told me that it will not affect complimentary/courtesy upgrades. It also would not have affected upgrades using a certificate/voucher/instrument, as that was addressed a couple of sentences after. Only other upgrades they have is a mileage upgrade, but they could not confirm if it affect these.

Their twitter team also told me that it didn't matter which plane was being used, but the route one was on. Which is odd considering it was called the " MAX9 PREFERMEMBER UPGRADE POLICY"

Anyway, it looks like it has returned to what it was last year, with everything being normal. I had booked a flight on the new Max9, however that has unfortunately changed to a 737-800, so I cannot test the above and report back
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:44 am
Original Poster

This is their latest go on this Max9 wording - at least they gave 3 weeks notice this time around. Back to 48 hours for Presidential:
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.